• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

soap

Smash Hero
I was watchin this Carmelo Anthony "When I Was 17" special, and when they asked him about music he was like "ya man, when I was 17, I had Jay-Z's the Blueprint 2 on repeat"

Makes sense. He is like the Blueprint 2 of the league

Kobe's "When I Was 17"; "The three heavyweights at the time.. Biggie, Jay's Reasonable Doubt, Nas - Illmatic"

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
New track of DJ Khaled's album with Scarface, Preemo, and Nas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSHEG8aYBGw
I thought Scar coulda done soooo much more.

Nas was crucial the only thing I didn't like was when he said Hip-Hop was living through Drake, Wayne, and 2 Chainz. He shoulda name dropped Em and Jay instead. Not too pissed about Drake because I feel some of his stuff. But Wayne? and Tity Boi? (Tity Boi is cool but I wouldn't say hip-hop lives through him)

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy

Nas was crucial the only thing I didn't like was when he said Hip-Hop was living through Drake, Wayne, and 2 Chainz. He shoulda name dropped Em and Jay instead. Not too pissed about Drake because I feel some of his stuff. But Wayne? and Tity Boi? (Tity Boi is cool but I wouldn't say hip-hop lives through him)
He's not wrong though.

Do you know how much hype each one of those artists has behind them?

2 Chainz has been on literally more than 69 guest features since 2011.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
He's not wrong though.

Do you know how much hype each one of those artists has behind them?

2 Chainz has been on literally more than 69 guest features since 2011.
Dude I would have to be completely ignorant to Hip-Hop if I didn't know about the hype behind all of those artists. I just don't know how you can go to talking about Run DMC and Doc Dre then go talk about Drake Wayne and 2 Chainz. I see where he is coming from but I wish he would have said something about Em or Jay instead. Smell me?

Jane

Smash Hero
name dropping is stupid and unnecessary 98% of the time imo. its why i dont like "game" or whatever he's going by these days. sure, shoutout your crew or whoever is on a track with you, but all this random name dropping just for ****s and gigs is doing nothing to advance your bars.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
dropping this here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hbQmFFDsl0

eff yo mainstream son this is HYPE

name dropping is stupid and unnecessary 98% of the time imo. its why i dont like "game" or whatever he's going by these days. sure, shoutout your crew or whoever is on a track with you, but all this random name dropping just for ****s and gigs is doing nothing to advance your bars.

publicity, thats all. they wanna get more people paying attention to them by doing stuff like that

MBlaze

Smash Champion
No doubt.
Dude I would have to be completely ignorant to Hip-Hop if I didn't know about the hype behind all of those artists. I just don't know how you can go to talking about Run DMC and Doc Dre then go talk about Drake Wayne and 2 Chainz. I see where he is coming from but I wish he would have said something about Em or Jay instead. Smell me?
cause they both fell off respectively, probably. lol
Yup. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
I'm feelin' it. I'm also really diggin Lupe's beat selection. Which has always been a problem imo. I thought it would be tougher because of the discretion that people were making a big deal about. It's just a conscious. The hook is catchy af. I love how Lupe has sampled some of his mixtape stuff onto his albums.

Jane

Smash Hero

made me realize what a nice verse that is.

and no i didn't take this, just found it on reddit.

in case any of you want to know/are wondering, thats off of Introduction to Literature by Bedford, 8th edition.

lolcommon.

soap

Smash Hero
verses look so much classier in text than on rap genius

that is a pretty classy verse tho

waka written down would look like some down syndrome dr. seuss

Boofy!

Smash Champion
soap n sus only people in this thread who are consistent with the jokes. Different types of humor but both yall some funny muthafuggas

EDIT: Jane is honorable mention.

Jane

Smash Hero
hahaha i'll take an honorable mention :yeahboi:

i'm not sure if this was posted in here already, and its already kinda "old", but fuggit.

kendrick lamar - swimming pools (drank)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe0n5mqkf6c

and this one is actually new

kendrick lamar ft. young jeezy - westside, right on time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjVRHjhsmhc

i swear, kendrick makes it really really really hard for me to even begin to think about hopping off the mans ****.

also, 9th used the sample from that new kendrick x jeezy track on skyzoo's beautiful decay. i forgot how amazing that beat was.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNcPY3-6ybw

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Does anybody know when that Slaughterhouse mixtape is dropping? I'm fearing the mixtape that took 10 minutes to make is gonna be better than the album we have all been waiting for. Check this joint out. It's 14 minutes long. Joe Budden and Royce took this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPBCA41wGHw
And Royce?

Crook and Joell poured their ****in souls out on that ****.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
What about Soul, the song he just dropped Nibiru is just amazing, he is doing something incredible with the evolution of his music, Black Hippy's music is astonishing

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
And Royce?

Crook and Joell poured their ****in souls out on that ****.
I mean the song is fantastic but I just felt Royce's verse that much more than theirs. I think I have some sort of unconscious bias against Joell which is weird cause he is dope af I just usually feel he is the weakest link of the group. I think Crooked is the best. Royce is nasty and I'm just always diggin' Joey.

That Tic Tac to Beyonce line was probably one of the dopest lines I have heard in a while.

Top Bottom