• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

soap

Smash Hero
I love that mixtape cover

I'm not a sneakerhead by any means, as in the type of cats that collect shoes and don't even wear them, but I do like nice shoes when I am buying something specialized for basketball or running.

I just got some Adizero Rose 2.5's in the original red/black. I like em, they are really light, but they have more support than all the Adizero "crazy lights" that I tried on.

I like the Nike Hyperdunks too, but not willing to drop close to 300 on a pair of shoes.

I did design these tho while bored
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/product/hyperdunk-id-basketball-shoe/#?mid=427526969&sitesrc=dl_usid

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
My own mixtape "Chillin' With Brian Okosun" is almost ready. It has taken me the past 4 years of my life to write it and gain any form of audience for it but it is almost here. I hope you guys will take the time to listen to it. This is gonna be a big stepping stone in my solo career. Not really that I plan to do this for a living or anything but as a hobby. Would definitely love to be criticised and critiqued.

Jane

Smash Hero
everything about that article was just insignificant in every way. the author is mad at rapgenius for getting high with chief keef and posting a video about it? wat?

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Lol no. Read it again. He had a problem with the same thing I had a problem with. Since when has Chief Keef's (or any particular nonlyrical rapper) needed to explain their lyric? They pretty much made a mockery of themselves with that vid. Seriously, what insight can I gather from "A **** nucca, that's that **** I don't like"? Does anyone really have to dissect that line?.....Really? Notice, after he wrote the article, rap genius changed the name of the video....lol.

:phone:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't think this topic has been brought up here before, but what are yalls favorite live performances? Rappers are notorious for not transitioning well on to a stage, thoughts?

Here is one of Kanye with Daft Punk at the 08 Grammys.. not incredible, but as a huge fan of both I loved this show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hZVKcAIzg8
Kanye at Coachella is my favorite rap performance and one of my favorite live festival performances in general.

but yeah generally rap concerts always end up disappointing me, I'd love to hear/see some more artists that really bring it for their shows.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
Kanye at Coachella is my favorite rap performance and one of my favorite live festival performances in general.

but yeah generally rap concerts always end up disappointing me, I'd love to hear/see some more artists that really bring it for their shows.
From what I have seen, Lupe Fiasco and Childish Gambino put on great shows.

Jane

Smash Hero
the best hip hop show ive ever been to was talib kweli. had an awesome live band behind him, really knew how to get the crowd into it, and at the end of his set, he basically threw an after-party right on stage. he told the dj to keep spinning (and even spun a bit himself) while creating an impromptu dance party on stage. he invited anyone and everyone to hop on stage to just have a good time. talib kweli knows how to perform.

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
Jack's first time on the mic so he went in. Slimm had his backdoor and then Trivia is just the hypeman. Lemme know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuEa58BFF1g
I'm sorry, it's weak. In my opinion every song on that channel is weak.

Another thing, I'm a firm believer that unless you know what you're doing and you have a good camera/editing experience, don't try to shoot a home music video. It looks bad. It always looks bad.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry, it's weak. In my opinion every song on that channel is weak.

Another thing, I'm a firm believer that unless you know what you're doing and you have a good camera/editing experience, don't try to shoot a home music video. It looks bad. It always looks bad.
Ok, cool preciate the feedback. And as far as the video camera (iphone cam) that's not really gonna be able to change until we get an actual video camera. Appreciate the feedback greatly. That's the only way us guys are getting better and better.

Jane

Smash Hero
i actually thought it wasn't half bad. i like the first guy's little "freeze" wordplay. it certainly wasn't amazing or jaw-dropping, but i'm just happy he's attempting that kind of ****. i liked the second dude's "we pickin beats like interceptions we the cornerbacks" line. there were some cringeworthy lines in there, but nothing that would have made me spit my cereal out out of embarrassment or anything.

and personally, i would prefer even a low-quality video like yours rather than no video at all. it allows the viewer to experience just a little bit more, to sort of "meet" the artist they're listening to. this wouldnt happen if it was just audio.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
i actually thought it wasn't half bad. i like the first guy's little "freeze" wordplay. it certainly wasn't amazing or jaw-dropping, but i'm just happy he's attempting that kind of ****. i liked the second dude's "we pickin beats like interceptions we the cornerbacks" line. there were some cringeworthy lines in there, but nothing that would have made me spit my cereal out out of embarrassment or anything.

and personally, i would prefer even a low-quality video like yours rather than no video at all. it allows the viewer to experience just a little bit more, to sort of "meet" the artist they're listening to. this wouldnt happen if it was just audio.
The only line that really pissed me off was when Slimm said "I got on No Lie last night cause I'm stating facts." I was like wtf?

But yea that's always been my thing with the videos. Other people are posting some picture of themselves and that's there for the entire video. I figure if we can utilize a camera we will get a few extra views and have a leg up on the competition. Watch, when my solo videos start dropping there will be concepts to most of them that will have almost nothing to do with the songs themselves. Preciate the feedback.

EDIT: I told Jack that you liked the Freeze wordplay, he said "What's that?" I said the wordplay. He said "What's wordplay?" Lol.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Anybody have a good site to download some good rap/hip-hop? I'm mainly looking for Lupe/some Tech N9ne/some older Eminem stuff.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I just use [legal methods ~werekill], nothing specifically.

Spent the day today recovering from Lollapalooza which was pretty sick. Saw J. Cole who was pretty sick as well as Mackelmore which was decent and Chief Keef which ****ing sucked but was hilarious. He had like 18 people up on stage and did about 17 seconds of rapping total, mostly just dancing and ****. Also got to see Red Hot Chili Peppers which is probably the best live show I've ever seen and a bunch more rock and electronic stuff, overall kind of a blur but fun as ****, even with a relatively weak rap lineup.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Jack's first time on the mic so he went in. Slimm had his backdoor and then Trivia is just the hypeman. Lemme know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuEa58BFF1g
first verse was pretty okay, second verse bombs pretty bad, dude's got some ******** flow (in a bad way). the beat is ok.

another thing, I think Comic Book Superheroes is a bad name for a rap group, or for any kind of musical group actually.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Lol gotta love Based God
Listenining to Nas's Life is Good for the first time, on like Track 5 or 6 with the Victoria monet girl on the hook, its been good so far.

Top Bottom