• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last duke biweekly! Online prereg! $20 venue $0 entry|m2k, armada, pp, ally attending

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJRome

Smash Hero
So yeah, get hyped. Round 14 mother****ers

PAWNCH

ATTN:This info is subject to change. Read over the entry fee, stages, and dates as they may be changing.

Location/Contact info:
Sci Fi Genre
3215 Old Chapel Hill Rd Ste A
Durham, NC
cell:706-233-2395

Google Maps of Location

Parking
Parking is free

Past Melee Singles Results
Past Brawl Singles Results
Pricing/Prize:
$3 Door Fee/game
Singles: $5
Doubles: $10 per team

Pot split
Code:
Singles:
60/40 for <10
50/30/20 for 10-16
50/25/15/10 for 17-32 

Doubles:
60/40 for 2-7 teams
50/30/20 for 8-10 teams
50/25/15/10 for 11-16 teams
All winnings go to top seed not making out of 1st round of pools

Schedule:
12:00 Registration opens
1:00 Doubles starts
3:30 Food break
4:30 Singles starts

call me if you're going to be late please

Food
Code:
There's food nearby
Standard MBR and BBR Rules Apply For Both Games. Player Cannot Pick Stage Last Won On.

Setups = free venue fee.

So um, yeah, get on that.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lots of NC players will be in GA for TO5 that day bro. You should change the date(bear in mind that Billfest is two weeks after this as well).

That said, f*ck yeah Melee bi-weeklies!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Can we have Brawl+ too?
Why are we suddenly asking for events that the TO obviously didn't want in every tournament thread? Omni's didn't have Melee and I didn't mind that, but having Melee bi-weeklies would be good for us as a state since I believe we have lots of catching up to other states to do.

Anyway, I have a cube I can bring, and Seven might have a TV. Maybe Phil will have a TV. I should talk to these guys....

DJRome

Smash Hero
Past Singles Results:

Round 1
Code:
1: Dr. Peepee
2: Crystalnite
3: Eric Wang
4: Lord Karn
5: Audi
5: JMH
7: Robert
7: DJRome
9: NC-Echo
9: EMB
9: Darksyde
9: Moophobia
Round 2
Code:
um, yeah. if you were here, you know
Round 3
Code:
1: kevin
2: LoZR
3: Karn
4: Foxy
5: Fiz
5: dj
7: moo
7: darksyde
Round 4
Code:
1: Foxy
2: Karn
3: dj
4: Vilt
5: Moo
5: Dark Hart
7: EMB
7: JMH
Round 5
Code:
1: pp
2: dj
3: karn
4: Robert
5: Fiz
5: Seven
7: Dub
7: Vilt
Round 6
Code:
2: sinensis
3: ali
4: Josh
5: Karn
5: ?
7: yoshiiscool
7: gofg
Round 8
Code:
2: ali
3: twitch
4: karn
5: cam
5: mike
7: crystalnite
7: dj
9: stingers
9: boss hog
9: jim
9: josh
13: tj
13: moo
13: travis
13: audi
17: fiz
17: ocean
17: smith
17: logan
17: seven
17: behr
17: ape
Round 9
Code:
1: crystalnite
2: dj
3: cam
4: Josh
5: gofg
5: ace
Round 10
Code:
1. PP
2. Karn
3. Mike
4. dj
5. Seven
5. Foxy
Round 11
Code:
1. PP
2. karn
3. THO
4. Foxy
5. Theo
5. dj
7. Moo
7. Audi
9. moo
9. bden
9. diatenshi
9. gofg
Round 11.1
Code:
1. L0ZR
2. dj
3. fiz
4. Foxy
5. Moophobia
5. slasher king
7. blackchris
7. emb
9. bden
9. snap
9. yeroc
9. omni
13. smith
13. jmh
13. ocean
13. bloodlusk

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Why are we suddenly asking for events that the TO obviously didn't want in every tournament thread? Omni's didn't have Melee and I didn't mind that, but having Melee bi-weeklies would be good for us as a state since I believe we have lots of catching up to other states to do.

Anyway, I have a cube I can bring, and Seven might have a TV. Maybe Phil will have a TV. I should talk to these guys....
I don't see whats wrong with asking for brawl+ to be there. If he doesn't want it there he'll say he doesn't. A lot of people don't play melee any more, myself included, yet I still host melee tournaments for people like you pp so if I or other want to ask other TO's to provide the same accommodation's for us I don't see what the problem is. No offense or anything, I'm just saying.

DJRome

Smash Hero
Brawl Singles Results

Round 7
Code:
not sure about these results. . .
1: Anthony
2: Rag
3: devin
4: Werk
5: Andy
5: Snapp  
7: Kale
7: bo
9: karn
9: smith
9: Seth
9: vilt
13: lopez
13: stockfield
13: tru

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'm going to wear a special T-shirt to this.

I'm not gonna be in the bracket. I'm just going to wear the T-shirt.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I don't see whats wrong with asking for brawl+ to be there. If he doesn't want it there he'll say he doesn't. A lot of people don't play melee any more, myself included, yet I still host melee tournaments for people like you pp so if I or other want to ask other TO's to provide the same accommodation's for us I don't see what the problem is. No offense or anything, I'm just saying.
It's not because I dislike B+ that I brought that up Bill. I brought that up because it has become a recent trend to contend every game decision a TO makes and I'd rather have ordinary tournament discussion than.....

I'm tired and I have classes. Forget it.

Good stuff Phil, guess I won't need my Cube after all lol.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
It wasn't meant to be the start of an argument, and I understand your point but i don't see the harm in requesting that Brawl or Brawl+ be added on. It's only one event right now and it's also the event that would be the smallest so there is definitely room for it. So I guess I don't see the harm in asking. If you saw a Brawl+ only tourney I don't see why you couldn't ask for something to be added on since you don't really play brawl+ that much.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I wouldn't feel right asking for something in a B+ tournament thread. I'd look at that and say "well, this is a Brawl+ tournament, so I guess it's something I can't go to since I don't enjoy the game." I would simply be assuming that, by not including another game in the title that the TO would not want another game at their tournament. Or else, why wouldn't they have put something else in the title?

That's just how I see it. I suppose I'm alone in that line of thought.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
i would appreciate it if from now on when ever someone disagrees with you, pp, just respond "$5 mm?" it would add a little flavor to everything.

theAPExp

Smash Ace
idc pp
either way i'm gonna be taking your money
then i'm gonna rub it on my tity's
you could've bought food or something, but no
your wallet > my tity's

btw i'm sure there's at least one of you that realizes that's not an original joke

Foxy

Smash Master
oh my god, this sounds amazing.

New tournament? CHECK =]
At a college? CHECK =]
Biweekly? CHECKKKK =D
Nearby? HAYL YEAH CHECK =O
MELEE? CHECK!!!
MELEE OOOOONLY?

hot dammdiggity.

wow.

I am absolutely coming to every one of these as soon as I'm able to go to tournaments.

Also, small pools to seed sounds excellent. Given that it's just one game and two events, we definitely have time, and everyone would like more tournament matches. It would also help for our Melee PR decisions, more data. And that means less vague and more precise discussion about seeding the bracket when the time comes.

If I go I'll be bringing a TV and hopefully a cube/Melee. I'll also be bringing my recording setup.

I can definitely help boost attendance too - my friends GofG, 0Room, Zeon, SampsUn, Waldorf, and Fuzy all may have a chance of going (I expect at least 2 of them would come).

Also, I'm getting NCSU more into Melee, and this event would be really good to help them get into it more. (Keith, Omni, Flamingo, Jon, and KillerSOS are the ones who might want to go).

So I could get anywhere from a few to 10 or so extra people. =D

thejinftw

Smash Rookie
oh my god, this sounds amazing.

New tournament? CHECK =]
At a college? CHECK =]
Biweekly? CHECKKKK =D
Nearby? HAYL YEAH CHECK =O
MELEE? CHECK!!!
MELEE OOOOONLY?

hot dammdiggity.

Hell yeah, as long as this thing ends before sun down cuz I gotta get back to ncssm, its gonna be great

Foxy

Smash Master
karn, I can't believe you're leaving me for him.

actually, jk

shouldn't matter because i'm pretty sure i can't make this first one. but probably every one after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom