• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last duke biweekly! Online prereg! $20 venue $0 entry|m2k, armada, pp, ally attending

Status
Not open for further replies.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I only play Mario against Darksyde(Jawsh) and GofG. I do surprisingly well and am able to take matches of them.

I play Falcon alot in friendlies but i am not confident in him at all in tournament. My only good char is IC.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
i realized that you can not walk away from a match with plur upset....

i carefully thought of every scenario and i dont think i could do it....he is just too happy

DJRome

Smash Hero
So while this is going down, we're scheduling a friendly no $ session 9/5 here. If anyone wants to come out for friendlies, then try to bring a TV please. That's what we're short on here as we have a lot of cubes & wii's w/ no tv's.

PP, teach me how to beat up spacies bc they beat me.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
you're better than me and iirc i've been going to melee tournies longer >.>

idk when you made speedskater but i don't remember you at munkaids! but my memory of those is pretty poor in general so sorry if you were there >.>

DJRome

Smash Hero
I'm working on a sheik right now, and I get shield pressured hard. Like falco combos are 0-50/70. Esp on YS or FD

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
you're better than me and iirc i've been going to melee tournies longer >.>

idk when you made speedskater but i don't remember you at munkaids! but my memory of those is pretty poor in general so sorry if you were there >.>
I made Speedsk8er in like 06 but that was just because i found the site and learned how to wavedash through it. I lived in bum**** egypt so it didn't really matter because no one I knew played(too busy playing Halo/Madden)/ I didn't start doing tourneys until like.... Chris Mullins' tournament? which was last MArch, I believe.

And I've started smash DIing Falco's shine. It works sometimes. work on that. MAke him work for those combos.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm working on a sheik right now, and I get shield pressured hard. Like falco combos are 0-50/70. Esp on YS or FD
Alright, I have a hard time with Sheik questions but I have some ideas:

If a Falco isn't using late aerials(SH'ing then waiting a second to use a Nair/Dair to pillar), and if he also doesn't try to space a Nair/Dair away from your shield then he is easier to shield grab. Keeping spacies away is a matter of platform control. You need platform needle canceling to control their movement diagonally so you know when they will shield or how their only other method of approach will be(if you camp). If you don't camp with needles, then you can still turn the tables of aggression with them. That's all about watching Reno/M2K play on platforms though I think.

Obviously. tech chasing is vital to this matchup(to an extent). Tech in place for spacies is their best option, so predict that and then just follow a roll/jab reset an in place tech until they get to the edge. Then....well you know what to do haha.

I hope that helped some man.

DJRome

Smash Hero
Hmm, I didn't know platform needling was that important. I will look this up.

As for teching in place, I try to do something like that against foxes, but they just get up shine (clink), and jump away. Thanks PP.

@Plur, u remember playing friendlies after Herb2 pools? I hope you make it out to the biweeklies.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
DJRome, I sent you a pm about putting up posters. Please get back to me at your earliest convenience because if you are unwilling to do it than I need to find someone else.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
@DJR: I totally forgot to tell you to CC Fox's Nair into a Dsmash(best option) or grab/Ftilt/Dtilt depending on Fox's distance from you.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
PP, Where the hayell is Wake Forest U? If it's where Philbro is going to school, you're not far from me. We need to play Melee.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It's in Winston-Salem, which is 15-20 minutes from where Philbro goes to school.

Melee is a must. I'll try to get you over soon. It's all on seven's schedule though. I'll explain why later.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Phil corrected me. It's 37 minutes from his school. Still not bad though.

I can help you out for sure, Crio.

Do you live in NC now or what?

Edit: Phil goes to school in Thomasville/Lexington now.

Edit again: I'm 1 hour and 20 minutes from UNCC lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom