• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bill's OctoberFest 10/10 Melee only

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Bill's OctoberFest

That's right folks it's another Billfest... kinda.

Rules:
-You guys know the rules by now. Contact me if you have any questions.

Location/Contact info:
425 Hillsborough St. Apt 6d
Chapel Hill, NC 27514

Contact info:
-Heres my number: (980) 254-6422. Call me if you get lost or you have any questions or if you are going to show up late.

Pricing/Prize:
$5 door
Melee singles: $5
Melee doubles: $10 per team <----- I'm still debating as to whether we will do this event or not

Pot split for all events will be 60/30/10

Schedule:
9/19
1:00 Registration opens
I haven't figured out the rest yet.

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List
Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpicks:
- Pokefloats
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Mute City
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Green Greens
- Corneria

Banned:
everything else

---------------

Interested/confirmed attending:

1. NC-Echo
2. Lozr
3. Josh (darksyde)
4. Zio

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Reserved for other necessary information

Edit:

I have to leave for work now but when I get back I'll get on the boards and you guys can tell me what you think about it because there are a lot of details still to hash out.

-If there is not enough interest this will just turn into a smashfest or something.

Updates:

9/1, 9:13 - updated rules at the top of the page.

GofG

Smash Champion
Can I show up just to play melee?

This is an incredible idea but obviously I can't participate.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I am not legally allowed to water myself down at this, but I'll go to have fun.

Hmmm, since this doesn't appear to be PR changing at the moment, I will tentatively agree, Rohan.

This is a ways off though.

Sengin

Smash Ace
TAKE THAT, BOONE TOURNEY. Especially since you guys already confirmed you were coming. It's like a kick in the face and the nuts at the same time!

So did you guys just forget?

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
this is #1 bro rankings material. what a ****ing epic event bill, finally someone made a tournament for my true skills to shine hahaha. I'm definitely going to this which means I'm sure ace is too.

On that note I am creating the 6 beer/shot challenge, of water. We each drink 6 then we MM to see who's smash skills have diminished the most. If I win, i'm going to the store to get more water. I must warn every one that my skills get exponentially better after drinking(90% of the time I practice under the influence), so in accepting this your practically buying drinks of...water for everyone. You sure it's going to be 10/10 bill? let me know because I feel like taking off for this right now, i'm at work too.

ps. I will do 12+ MM's as well if anyones down. I must see you drink at least most of them though.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Such an empty biweekly. . .
There's a bi-weekly scheduled for one of those weekends I guess?

We're having lots of tournaments lately, so don't let it bother you too much man. I look at it like it's a good thing how we're so motivated, but I'm sure as a TO this must be frustrating.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
This is incredible. I was going to do something of this nature when I inevitably hold a tournament at my house.

I'll try my hardest to get here.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I am most definitely; Very insurmountably, going to this. I've decided. **** looking for a job right now.

I will take you up on that challenge Dorsey. But I don't drink beer, I drink liquor. Ace knows I bring good drink.

Also: Billbro: How do you feel about Green Greens? I need to know Billetiquette.

10shot MM. go.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
I drink both beer and whiskey every night. Do you like whiskey? I'll have a 12 pack of new castle and a 5th of some above average whiskey, unless something good is on special. This week i've been drinking rebel yell and the kickin' chicken (wild turkey).

If you want to do 6 shots I say we should do all 6 in the minute before the match takes place, that would be funny although I like to thoroughly enjoy my whiskey so i'm pretty much down for anything. as for the MM, 1$ or something.. or maybe a shot? lol

Sengin

Smash Ace
I'm probably not gonna be able to make this, but I'm sure it'll be fun as hell.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
As much as I love talking about *water* we need to make sure that from now on within this thread you refer to the drinks only as water, or koolaid or whatever; otherwise the thread might get closed.

Edit: I am considering adding N64 just because I want there to be a game I still play. Would anyone be interested or would you prefer melee only.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
Hey Bill, is it alright if I come and bring a water bottle..........literally.

Team with me instead of Rohan, PP. I DK tilt all day in Melee.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Me + *water* + Melee = An absolute disaster :laugh:

Watch the amazing Uncle as he pursues a nonexistent opponent off the edge of FD with a Falcon knee!

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Anyone not of the age WILL be able to come and hang out (and I hope everyone does) but will not be able to drink water at all and will unfortunetely NOT be able to enter, since they will be at a pretty distinct advantage. I may run a side event were drinking water is not required but I have yet to decide. For the time being this is only for the grownups.

No green greens at the venue or outside, I don't care if you choose to play on green greens while in your car.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I drink both beer and whiskey every night. Do you like whiskey? I'll have a 12 pack of new castle and a 5th of some above average whiskey, unless something good is on special. This week i've been drinking rebel yell and the kickin' chicken (wild turkey).

If you want to do 6 shots I say we should do all 6 in the minute before the match takes place, that would be funny although I like to thoroughly enjoy my whiskey so i'm pretty much down for anything. as for the MM, 1$ or something.. or maybe a shot? lol
I'm generally a clear water drinker. Russian water mostly.

I'd rather we did the shots like... 30 minutes beforehand so it has some time to kick in.

EDIT: Thanks for the heads up Bill. Many Green Greens MM's, My car. Bowls of fun.

ptown

Smash Ace
1st place gets 60% of the pot and alcoh.. *water* poisoning?
sounds fun.

hi karn, hi pp.

Top Bottom