• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe General Super Mario Discussion Thread - "It'sa Me, Mario!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So, I have always always wondered why there hasn't been a general mario discussion thread. If you don't know, I'm a super mario freak. I even love the show! All of them. Then, you should know how freaked out I was when I saw the movie and I thought (wow that guy looks like mario, hahahahaha).

But yes, if there is such a thread out there, I only wish I knew of it sooner. If so, please before locking redirect me too it. I tried searching for the title above but it took too long lol.

If not, lets talk about mario! I have never found a message board for super mario, though. I would be super posting there if I have!

Super Mario World was my first game ever!

Now that Mario has his own board, this will serve as a general discussion thread and a social thread for the room.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
<3 this thread, thanks for making it.

Thoughts on Sunshine? I know it's generally the least liked platformer of the 3, but I loved it the most for some strange reason.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It was great. I mostly tried to not use the hover nozzle as much, so I would have to rely on some degree of jumping. Basically, I loved the secrets. I know it may be too island-based... (for example, that one beach [I don't remember names hahaha] was sort of like a haunted house kind of theme, I liked it] I just hope, in the future, that they can go to a classic-angle, and also a creative angle as well! :]

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I enjoyed it because of the tropical feel. The missions and bosses were ridiculously simple, but the worlds themselves really caught my interest. I did spend an hour or two running around for the fun of it, and trying to get all of the blue coins without the use of a guide. I did end up buying one a few days later to get a 100% run.

And the Yoshi levels were very good.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm not using a guide. ;3 I'm going to get all the shinesprites without it, and I'll have fun doing it! Ok, so its not as easy as Super Mario 64, but I'll still be able to get them all! (in time, lol)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I wish my copy didn't get scratched up, I'd love to play through it again. I wasn't a big fan of the hotel missions, however.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I was borrowing it from a friend, hehe.

Although, I did hope to see the Corona Mountain level a little more developed, you know? Shouldn't be that easy to get to bowser, but still, it was like I was craving for a level like that. Seriously, all this running around in a island, I want some lava levels! lol

Well, I usually love the lava levels and the haunted house levels, so I especially like the hotel, since it had alot of ghost themed problems, hehe.

oh oh and under water levels! Lol but since it was mostly all island it was mostly water haha.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I want to own every Mario game, but over 200 titles to buy is a lot for me. XD

Mario is the God of all video games, those oh don't acknowledge that, shall be destroyed.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I want to own every Mario game, but over 200 titles to buy is a lot for me. XD

Mario is the God of all video games, those oh don't acknowledge that, shall be destroyed.

You get a hi5! Now then, I shall move on to... King Koopa's Clown Car! Man, I love that thing! Its so awesome, I love it when it changes expressions!

Also, I love hearing the sound when someone goes down a warp pipe, its so awesome. I don't own them all either. And now I can't keep up since I don't have a Wii, but I'll be sure to get to them all when I can.

One more thing, if any of you know of super awesome super mario music, let me know! I just hope for some super mario shows sometime in the future. :3

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I loved the amusement park, and the overworld was very well done.

It's also a shame that Zelda seems to have this madddd fanbase and Mario doesn't. Poor guy.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I like Zelda as well, but I'm more of a mario freak all the way. Man, my first backpack was the super mario backpack! OH YEA I'm more obsessive over super mario then smash, can you believe it! Or maybe its equal, I'm not so sure. I even downloaded most of the shows onto my ipod. ;3

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I like Zelda as well, but I'm more of a mario freak all the way. Man, my first backpack was the super mario backpack! OH YEA I'm more obsessive over super mario then smash, can you believe it! Or maybe its equal, I'm not so sure. I even downloaded most of the shows onto my ipod. ;3
I try my best to use him in every game, since he tends to be the most "balanced". Mario Tennis, Golf, Kart.

Mario in 64, Doc in Melee, Mario in Brawl.

I guess I'm the same way, only with less of the shows.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol I only do that in melee. In 64, I use fox. Although, Im not that good in that. I use Doc in melee because he is mario, but a doctor! And a bit stronger, I like that.

In brawl, I use Diddy Kong, since he's the closest to doc I could get, lol. (wario's too slow for me)

But no matter what character I choose, I'm Mario all the way. I kinda wish the shows were a little bit more like transformers, seems like its angled toward kids... (I wish there were more action, lol!)

Heres another funny thing. In 8th grade, me and a group of friends always brought our gameboys to school, and my friend was playing mine and I was playing his. He has Super Mario Bros Deluxe, and I beat it before he did! Hahahaha. I haven't managed to do that with my Super Mario All Stars though. :[ Or maybe I had.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
About Sunshine, it actually surprised me. I was reluctant to get it because it looked corny to me. Since I had low expectations ALOT of things caught me off guard. I liked the game ALOT (especially after the Mecha Bowser master in Pinna Park) and I could have so much mindless fun, even if it was intentional. The feeling of the game (you know, the tropical vacation stuff) was pretty relaxing. Plus, although I liked Galaxy better, I feel like I could have more nonsensical fun on every level more than I could in Galaxy. And I think that between SMS and SMG, SMS had a better hub world. There was more unimportant things to waste my time on, which made me take longer to beat Sunshine than Galaxy. I still like SMG better though.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
It's also a shame that Zelda seems to have this madddd fanbase and Mario doesn't. Poor guy.
I blame people that say that swords and magic is cool. )=

Still, Mario games are the king of platforming, and I've been a Mario fan for a long time, almost as long as Kirby, (by a month).

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
To me Mario is: Warp Pipes, Mushrooms, Blocks, Toads, Koopas, Luigi Falling under ground and finding a p balloon, Yoshi eating mario, Clown Cars that change expressions, Feathers, Capes, Bullet Bills etc. I'll think of more!

Oh! And Dinosaurs and Jumping!

I have been a kirby fan almost as long as I have been a mario fan. My 4th game ever was Kirby's Avalanche.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I blame people that say that swords and magic is cool. )=
Swords and magic are cool. :D

Anyway, my first Mario game was Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins for our old Game Boy brick. Spent a lot of time playing that game over and over, and I probably still could beat half of it perfectly without any trouble even though it's been like 6-7 years since I've touched it. Great stuff right there. Plus, the first recorded incident of Mario getting to beat up on Wario, the useless loser.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I got Mario Sunshine for my birthday in 2002 and I was hooked right away. I'm not into 3D games like that but Mario Sunshine had captured my interest because of the mini missions on each stage. The levels where you had to enter caves and jump on sandblocks and rotating multi-color stars without Fluid were a challenge for me. A mario game like that hadn't challenged me in quite some time.

The ghost house world was my favorite. I loved going through the ducts and entering various rooms discovering the hotel. The first level of cleaning up all the ink in time was fun and somewhat challenging for me as well. Another world I like is the Ship Harbor one. Climbing the fences and fighting the Giant Squid twice was a blast.

Now I want to play this game. It sounds fun right now.

Shade613

Smash Apprentice
How about we discuss what we want to see in Super Mario Galaxy 2. I'm not sure what I want other than more levels.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
How about we discuss what we want to see in Super Mario Galaxy 2. I'm not sure what I want other than more levels.
I do want to see more Flying Mario action that the first one didn't. Not to mention the last boss needs to be much much much harder. That's my top wishes for this game.

Why does the Mushroom Kingdom suck sooooo bad at protecting Peach?

D:
Poor Peach. She needs a better secret service.
If only more Toads was more like Toadette, she's the best Toad of them all. <3

Well, at least the Toad from New Super Mario Bros. Wii will do something.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I do want to see more Flying Mario action that the first one didn't. Not to mention the last boss needs to be much much much harder. That's my top wishes for this game.

☆You just might get that. I remember reading this one is going to be much harder.. ☆

I am surprised that this is only on page 2... Super Mario is so popular!

I've loved Mario since I was 5 years old... Playing Super Mario Land: 6 Golden Coins.

Probably my favourite 3D Mario game was Galaxy... Although Super Mario 64 I rather liked as well.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I am surprised that this is only on page 2... Super Mario is so popular!

I've loved Mario since I was 5 years old... Playing Super Mario Land: 6 Golden Coins.

Probably my favourite 3D Mario game was Galaxy... Although Super Mario 64 I rather liked as well.
It's still on page 1 if you're going by 40ppp.

I'm looking forward to Galaxy 2, but I'm one of those people that would've liked to see a 64/Sunshine sequel.

It's still on page 1 if you're going by 40ppp.

I'm looking forward to Galaxy 2, but I'm one of those people that would've liked to see a 64/Sunshine sequel.
Mario Sunshine was a strange-yet-enjoyable game for me... I don't remember it well; maybe I will get on my Gamecube and try to find it again, somewhere in that plethora of videos and discs that I have :urg:.

Mario Galaxy 2 should be interesting! I hope Luigi does not slip as much as he did in Mario Galaxy, that cost me a few lives. But otherwise I enjoyed Mario Galaxy and most of what it had to offer.

Am I the only one that enjoyed the Gameboy-based Mario games?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Actually, I'd love to see a sequel to Super Mario World, oh yeah! I would also like a sequel to Super Mario 64 as well.

Well, don't worry. I really loved Super Mario Deluxe, and Mario and Luigi: Superstar saga. Accck! I let a friend borrow it and he hasn't returned it! :[

BBQTV

Smash Master
i beat super paper mario yesterday and now im waiting for the new wii games

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I don't usually like many RPGs, but Saga was very entertaining. I didn't like the Paper Marios, however.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lately I was deleting some folders and files of old stuff off of my flash drive, and saw a project I was doing for a friend (graphics stuff[I play around with Gimp, similar to Photoshop but free] for a forum) and I really want to revisit that.
That, also reminded me that she might want to move on to something else, and so I thought "what could I make which would be really great and I wouldn't want to move on from?" (we moved on from Naruto)

Then, I thought of Super Mario! (since I haven't seen any big Super Mario sight with great little member icons and such) I'm a big Super Mario freak, and I thought I would like to make my own forum. But not invisionfree or anything, I would want to make it big and at least great in every graphical way.

Sadly I don't have Gimp but when i do, I'll be making ideas.

===================================

Anyways, I really do like the Paper Mario games, since I'm also into Rpg's myself. I just really hope Nintendo can make a Mario game in a Classic, but new way. Plus, I want some more Warp Pipes! Haha

Paper Mario was quite different from most of the previous Mario games... It was alright, not incredible or amazing though.

I wonder what a Mario 64 sequel would be like?

Superstar Saga was good; kept me entertained for quite a while. That was one of the great Mario RPGs. I liked both of the Mario & Luigi games, Bowser's Inside Story seems a little étrange, but also looks like fun.

Legend of the Seven Stars wasn't what I had expected, I didn't find it as interesting as I thought I would have, but it was still a game that should be kept.
...Talking about Mario RPGs now.

Why wasn't there ever a Super Mario thread like this before?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why? I'm not sure. I always wanted to make one, but was too lazy to do a thorough search. But, it is now made.

I'll buy anything that has Mario on it too. ;3

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I was addicted to Paper Mario when it came out. My friend and I rented it all the time because we thought it would be cheaper to rent it and beat it rather than spend $50.00 to do the same thing. We ended up spending more money due to late fees though and should have bought it. There is so much to discover and do in that game.

I remember back in the summer of 2002 I would play Paper Mario from around 11:30 at night till 3 or 4 in the morning for a week or two. The levels and plot were so addicting such as the Tubba Blubba stage, Dry Dry Ruins, and the Volcanoe world. My mom would always yell at me to go to bed.

Even though I no longer view Bowser as an awsome or threatful antagonist and get bored of him easily due to his repetetivness he played the role of the major Antagonist very well for the story line.

I don't recall who the hardest boss was for me but I remember hating Kent C. Koopa. For some reason he gave me a lot of problems.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Glad to see Mr. Nintendo as strong as ever, despite the dark ages of video games right now. Can't wait for New Super Mario Bros Wii.... and ride on a Yoshi. :p

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I don't recall who the hardest boss was for me but I remember hating Kent C. Koopa. For some reason he gave me a lot of problems.
He was the toughest boss in the game to be fair :p

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I was addicted to Paper Mario when it came out. My friend and I rented it all the time because we thought it would be cheaper to rent it and beat it rather than spend $50.00 to do the same thing. We ended up spending more money due to late fees though and should have bought it. There is so much to discover and do in that game.

I remember back in the summer of 2002 I would play Paper Mario from around 11:30 at night till 3 or 4 in the morning for a week or two. The levels and plot were so addicting such as the Tubba Blubba stage, Dry Dry Ruins, and the Volcanoe world. My mom would always yell at me to go to bed.

Even though I no longer view Bowser as an awsome or threatful antagonist and get bored of him easily due to his repetetivness he played the role of the major Antagonist very well for the story line.

Sadly I haven't played the original. I have an N64, and always wished for Paper Mario.

Yeah it seems as though Bowser is now just a joke.

justaway12

Smash Master
Sadly I haven't played the original. I have an N64, and always wished for Paper Mario.

Yeah it seems as though Bowser is now just a joke.
He still awesome though, well, he might not be as super serious/badass now, but in games like Galaxy, still make him seem kinda badass.

IMO, Galaxy Bowser is just as good as 64, although games like Sunshine and Some Mario RPGs, while still awesome games, make him seem less threatening.

He is still also adorable <333

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah you are right. In games like Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, Sunshine, and SPM (haven't played it) he is brushed aside as a joke. I guess they do that so that they can introduce another boss which could actually be of more harm.

I haven't played Super Mario Galaxy or Super Paper Mario, but I will in the future when I can.

I will always love Bowser's Castle and fighting Boswer in Super Mario World.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom