• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe General Super Mario Discussion Thread - "It'sa Me, Mario!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

justaway12

Smash Master
Actually, in SPM he isn't brushed aside, he is very important, not the main villian, more important actually, but...you know, not as...ROAR >:D!

More like RAWR >:3 ~

On a related note, I would love a Bowser game <3

I know about Mario & Luigi RPG3, but playing as Bowser with his own story would be fun! IMO

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
OH, I see. Well, I like seeing Bowser as the villain, but also laughing at him too. Like in the show, because it sort of showed the relationship between him and the mario bros.

A bowser game, eh? I wonder what would be Bowsers motive to do something in a game. Would he be a villain? Would he be saving Peach or something? :3

justaway12

Smash Master
I've never seen the show, if we're talking about the same game, then the opening is AMAZING.

And about the Bowser game, I'm not sure but he is the only one of the big seven (seven right?) to not have his own.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
His Seven Children? You mean they have games themselves? Hmm I have not heard of this.

Yeah, I love the show.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have heard of a peach game. Although, haven't heard of any Bowser or Toad games. :]

.Marik

is a social misfit
Do any of you agree that there needs to be a Mario Sub-Board?

The series is mainstream and popular enough to warrant it's own section.

I've been waiting for a response, but looks like that's not going to happen unless I bring up the suggestion again and garner some attention.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes, definetly. I always also wondered why smashboards have a Zelda Sub Forum but not a Mario Sub Forum.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
No, seven main characters, I've heard that theme used before, anyway, I think it's:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toad
Yoshi
Donkey Kong.
YES!! DK's one of the Big 7! Now I can be at peace knowing that no matter how far he gets from Mario's series, he and my main will always be a part of it.:chuckle:

Wait, I thought Wario was one as well, not Toad. I'm using Yoshi's Island DS as a reference to the big 7, because (idk if you know about this, so I'll type it regardless) 6 out of 7 of the people you mentioned are known as the star children and Wario is one of them. So wouldn't that make Wario a part of the Big 7?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ah, poor Toad, bumped off by Wario. I really like Toad, he is so awesome. But Wario has had games, so maybe your right.

Yeah, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong are awesome. :3

I love that show too!

justaway12

Smash Master
I have heard of a peach game. Although, haven't heard of any Bowser or Toad games. :]
Toad has wispy woods...or something like that. Bowser is the only one who doesn't have any. That's why I think it would be a good idea.

I've been waiting for a response, but looks like that's not going to happen unless I bring up the suggestion again and garner some attention.
YES! definatly, I was going to bring it up myslef, but I'm not sure

YES!! DK's one of the Big 7! Now I can be at peace knowing that no matter how far he gets from Mario's series, he and my main will always be a part of it.:chuckle:

Wait, I thought Wario was one as well, not Toad. I'm using Yoshi's Island DS as a reference to the big 7, because (idk if you know about this, so I'll type it regardless) 6 out of 7 of the people you mentioned are known as the star children and Wario is one of them. So wouldn't that make Wario a part of the Big 7?
Oh yeah Wario, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in Yoshi's Island, I knew I would mess up somewhere.
I don't think he is leaving as long as he keeps returning inthe spin-offs and what not.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
All hail
king dedede
bowser... btw what brackets do you use to insert words but that are crossed out?
this:

Code:
[s] [ /s]
S stands for strike out. :3

Toad has Whispy Woods? Maybe thats Kirby, or I haven't heard of it. :]

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I thought it was called Wario Woods or something like that. Unless it's another game. ^_^;
You might be on to something. I might have played a game like that, but I can't remember. Of course, I know Kirby has Kirby's Avalanche, and that other game sort of reminds me of it, but it was weird to me.

I think there was some character you would move and he/she would move the colored things to do something... I honestly don't remember what exactly that was lol.

Scott!

Smash Lord

Yes, definetly. I always also wondered why smashboards have a Zelda Sub Forum but not a Mario Sub Forum.
Since I was part of the push to get the Zelda room a few months back, I can tell you how and why we got our own room, and also why the Mario series doesn't have one (yet). For those of you who were active in the Light House before late July of this year, you'll remember the massive Zelda thread. We'd been discussing everything Zelda there for a while, and it had been growing pretty consistently for the better part of the year. By the time of E3, with all of the Zelda speculation that was going on, it was pretty clear that there was too much to talk about for one thread. So, we decided to take it to forum support. We did our best to keep the discussion to PMs and not in the thread, because that's not the place for it.

A bunch of us made threads there (or at least I did, but I know others were going to and said they did). I got a response from Buzzsaw, who took it to the other admins, and poof, our own room. They gave us the room we so desired, and ended up dropping the Pit Stop (F-Zero room) due to its own inactivity.

Now, why is it that Zelda, but not Mario, has its own room? Well, in my experience here, before this thread was formed, Mario discussions were game-specific, and generally pretty short-lived. The only threads I've seen last at all are the Mario Kart ones, and the ones of the games announced at E3, sort of for a little while. For the Mario fans to show that their series merits its own room, they have to show that there's enough to discuss. If this thread shows staying power and demonstrates that there can be extended discussion of the series, then make the move to a new room. But I don't think they give out rooms to any series whose fans ask.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thank you very much, Scott! Actually, I am usually in my CP so I think I noticed a name change, am I right?

Also I didn't mean any offense when I said that I wondered why there was a Zelda sub-forum instead of a Mario sub-forum.

Thank for you clearing this up. : D

justaway12

Smash Master
Yeah, it not surprised they got there own thread, they were super-super popular. I honestly think we Mario should have, but, as Scott! said they weren't OMG MARIO YEHZ, I do think a Mario sub-forum would be active, I guess it should active around here at least

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That would be awesome, but like Scott! said, there probaly wouldn't be on until this thread would be really active. That would mean after maybe a new mario game release or something, a big one I mean.

Well, I can wait. In the meanwhile, I'll say all I can about Mario. : D

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I vote for making the mario game more popular enough for making its own thread. I know Id be active in there one way or another

§leepy God

Smash Master
You might be on to something. I might have played a game like that, but I can't remember. Of course, I know Kirby has Kirby's Avalanche, and that other game sort of reminds me of it, but it was weird to me.

I think there was some character you would move and he/she would move the colored things to do something... I honestly don't remember what exactly that was lol.
I guess I might, I did see Toad in Wario Woods. :p

That puzzle game was kind of hard to understand without reading the rules. And Kirby Avalanche was Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and/or Puyo Puyo in a Kirby cameo. Kirby did have his own Puzzle game, Kirby Star Stacker for Gameboy.

I vote for making the mario game more popular enough for making its own thread. I know Id be active in there one way or another
lol, I'll vote that if it's even allowed that rule. We just have to make it popular enough or replay Mario Strikers Charged. >:D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Man Mario Strikers Charged was awesome. Mario should go play some Basketball too. (Soccer and Basketball are my favorite sports)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah I'm not the best in it either, but I'd still play it to have fun. : D

§leepy God

Smash Master
Watching people play it on youtube makes my confidence in that game droop, they go so fast *_*

I can't possibly keep up

I'm such a n00b at that game, I get pwned hard on wi-fi
Oh gawd I can't stand a team full of Boo's or Dry Bones and a Power character.... well at least it's Pety instead of Donkey Kong and that Peach played pretty good... not Peach herself but you know what I mean. :p

Yea, Mario Strikers Charged is the most intense Mario Sports game out right now and one of a few games on Wii I enjoy playing online. :D

justaway12

Smash Master
Yeah, I heard Peach was awful in this game, and maybe this is just my n00bishness talking but I find Hammer bros way more threatening (sp?)than the Boos.

That's why I always put them together, and keep attacking the goal, if only they were faster.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
What about super mario galaxy 2? We could ZOMG YEHZ that game. Id hype it up at least what about it?
It won't be out for awhile, we did briefly talk about it. But for now, it doesn't really matter.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Yeah, I heard Peach was awful in this game, and maybe this is just my n00bishness talking but I find Hammer bros way more threatening (sp?)than the Boos.

That's why I always put them together, and keep attacking the goal, if only they were faster.
Well, playmakers in general are just there for assist, since they lack the way of scoring a goal in this game, that's why they are bad. Hammer Bros are very good in this game so it's not noobish talk that you find them more threatening, the fact that they have too many instant goal strategies are good, but Boo can just teleport behind to keeper to win, and it's easy to do if you practice with it, that's why he so good.

Well, the way of the tier list on character performance would look most likely this:

Captain Tier List

Top Tier

Waluigi
Donkey Kong

High Tier

Bowser
Daisy

Mid Tier

Luigi
Mario
Yoshi
Petey Piranha

Low Tier

Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.

Bottom Tier

Peach
Wario

Sidekick Tier List

Top Tier Uber Broken God Tier

Boo

High Tier

Dry Bones
Birdo
Hammer Bros

Mid Tier

Monty Mole
Shy Guy
Toad

Low Tier

Koopa
And there it goes, the characters performance is noticeable, but it's not enough to decide who wins or who loses though. For example, you can main Wario and pick a team that fit's him vs a Donkey Kong with a team full of Boo's, it may seem like you know who's going to win, but it really depends of the skill level with the character you have.

justaway12

Smash Master
Well, playmakers in general are just there for assist, since they lack the way of scoring a goal in this game, that's why they are bad. Hammer Bros are very good in this game so it's not noobish talk that you find them more threatening, the fact that they have too many instant goal strategies are good, but Boo can just teleport behind to keeper to win, and it's easy to do if you practice with it, that's why he so good.

That's exactly why I find a team of Hammer bros threatening, Boos are as scary as ****, since I get owned by them over and over, but I tend to judge characters with how I play them, if only I could get that dissappering thing right :(

I saw a lot of tier list but it doesn't seem to change much...around the top and bottom anyway :p

What about bowsers inside story?
I can't wait for that game *___*

My first M&L RPG game!

UberMario

Smash Master
Has anyone else noticed how Mario always sounds the same in his games, yet Luigi's tone changes once every four years? I thought it's kind of strange considering they've both been voiced by the same person for twelve years.

BTW, why doesn't Mario have his own board? Pokemon and The Legend of Zelda do . . . .

justaway12

Smash Master

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I can't wait for that game *___*

My first M&L RPG game!
You really go to play the first two to get the story better. Every one of Mario & Luigi story has connections with eachother.

And thanks to looking at your amazing Mimi's avatar, I'm going to play Super Paper Mario now. =3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom