• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, Ohio: Center of the Smash Action

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Since the other one was deleted for some dumb reason...

This thread is for brawl and Melee in the Columbus region.

OSU:
Quivo
AlphaZealot
Paradigm
GoadMoose
God_Voice
Soap?

Worthington:

TheKiest
SneakyTaco
DippinDots?
Rance

Also please use this thread to keep track of carpooling issues to avoid bugging up TO threads. I can even update in a format like this
Example:
Smashfield Midweek:
Tako's Car (4 total): Tako, AZ, Keist, Amy? No setups

MELEE STEP IT UP!!!!

My schedule:
I won't be able to play for at least 2 weeks. I'll post when I can.

clowsui

Smash Legend
OSU v. Cincinnati B Team!!!!

B Team:
clowsui
Steel Samurai
Kassandra
TGM
Sai

Depending on how fast we took AZ out we might have a chance.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Since the other one was deleted for some dumb reason...

This thread is for brawl and Melee in the Columbus region.

OSU:
Quivo
AlphaZealot
Paradigm
GoadMoose
SneakyTaco
Soap?

Worthington:
TheKiest
DippinDots?
Rance

I'm sure I forgot many others....

I'm free all of next week except for Friday, if anyone is playing downtown. (I do Brawl)
Move me to Worthington I live near sawmill.

And yeah someone should host weekly brawlfests.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Holy crap sneaky!

I'm like 5 minutes from Sawmill (I live close to where 270 and 23 meet).

I was thinking about doing that next week Nope, what day would be good?

I only work this coming Friday.... so I can play on any day this week.

Nope

Smash Lord
Wed or Thurs are normally good, and Dayton sometimes comes on Weds too. Just let me know via PM or a Text

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Sweet. Thanks for the link, AZ.

I'm good pretty much whenever I'm not doing homework, etc., so Fridays and Saturdays work out amazingly for me. I'll try to check up on this thread, but can give out better contact information in person. I need to do some homework this afternoon, but if anyone is up for a few rounds later on, let me know. I just live on Neil and 11th. I'm a bit out of practice, so I'm glad to hear that we have a fair number of people in the community.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
After 6 would be fine with me. (Tako isn't able to until then anyway).

I'm highly thinking about going to Smashfield on Thursday if anyone form here wants to go. (It would be just for the day, maybe get back by 11 or midnight)

Nope

Smash Lord
ya bring some people! Thursday looks good around 5:00 would be fine and maybe earlier if you want just let me know

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
I've been looking for an OSU smashers group for a good while. I'm pretty close to Lane and High. I haven't seriously played at all since the last Wings'n'Brew tournament, and wanting to get back into it again.

In particular a part of me wants to play around with balanced brawl, but vanilla is still fine with me by all means. I play with penguin a fair amount, so we could even get in some doubles practice if anybody else is interested.

Just throwing ideas around, but if this really takes off at all and we get enough OSU students involved, we should try to start a student group (either ssb specific, or gaming in general to get a slightly larger crowd and more sway). I have a few friends who know their way around e-council pretty well, so I might be able to get it sorted out. Odds are good we could start reserving rooms with projectors and stuff like that. Could be pretty awesome.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
That's what we've done at OU, good luck.

AZ, should we invade your place at 7ish?

Edit: I forgot I had plans on Thursday, so I am going to try to go to Springfield on Weds (If that's alright with Smashfield....)

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
That's what we've done at OU, good luck.

AZ, should we invade your place at 7ish?

Edit: I forgot I had plans on Thursday, so I am going to try to go to Springfield on Weds (If that's alright with Smashfield....)
Yar, I'm a little jealous. Seems like something worthwhile to get set up though if we can get enough interest.

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'd be up for setting up/running a similar type of thing and was planning on suggesting it once we found out who was in the area and managed to get together at some point. It sounds like it could be fun to get going since I definitely agree about the being jealous part. SciDi tells me about OUGA all the time and it makes me sad that we don't have something like it yet.

I think we need like 6-8 people or so to be recognized as a "club" by the university, so if we get that much interest, we should be good to go with some effort.

Dobs

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'd be up for setting up/running a similar type of thing and was planning on suggesting it once we found out who was in the area and managed to get together at some point. It sounds like it could be fun to get going since I definitely agree about the being jealous part. SciDi tells me about OUGA all the time and it makes me sad that we don't have something like it yet.

I think we need like 6-8 people or so to be recognized as a "club" by the university, so if we get that much interest, we should be good to go with some effort.
I'd be interested.

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like this could turn out interesting. Thank you for the link, Kiest.

My biggest concern at this point is finding "a full-time OSU faculty or administrative/professional staff member to serve as an advisor," since we need to have one in order to form a group according to university policies. If anyone has an idea as to who we could dupe into such a position, I see that as the biggest obstacle since I'm assuming we have the members/etc to for a group (people from here/a few new people from around campus to fill out numbers). The minimum of five members and three officers should be a breeze.

I'm really hoping that we manage to get this off the ground then. It sounds like a good way to have fun and get a hell of a lot better through regular matches and lots of practice.

Let me know if anyone is up for a few rounds at some point either tonight or this weekend. I have a lot of rust that I need to be shaking off.

BunBun

Smash Master
Yo Columbus, I'm going to be in your town the 16th, 17th and 18th of October.

Looking for Smash (preferably Melee) and housing on Friday and Saturday.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
@AZ: Nope wants you to bring your "Tri Wing Screwdriver"

PREPARE YOURSELVES SMASHFIELD!

@BunBun: What I meant by that is... I think the brawl C-bus players will be housing others for said event. I don't know about the Melee players.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Fun times in Springfield.

I won't be able to practice again for awhile, work picked up and now I get 40 hours, night schedule.

I updated the first post because I think it would be a good idea for C-bus people to discuss carpooling/housing for other events here so we don't clutter up other threads.

For example, Tako and AZ might be carpooling to the KY event.

My biggest concern at this point is finding "a full-time OSU faculty or administrative/professional staff member to serve as an advisor," since we need to have one in order to form a group according to university policies. If anyone has an idea as to who we could dupe into such a position, I see that as the biggest obstacle since I'm assuming we have the members/etc to for a group (people from here/a few new people from around campus to fill out numbers). The minimum of five members and three officers should be a breeze.
It all depends on how you approach them. If you flat out say, "We want a gaming club" it probably won't get treated very seriously. Come up with a way to have gaming HELP the student body.

OU actually was a club that MADE video games, but also had gaming nights with their meetings (which is the current OUGA after we dropped the game dev part and have been off the map for awhile).

Another Idea that I like better is to be a fund raising club. Your group can run tournaments with a 5 dollar venue fee (10 if the school ACTUALLY CHARGES CLUBS to use the rooms).
1 dollar per person can go to your club for more equipment/prizes/pot bonus'
4 dollars per person go to a club/charity that "sponsers" your event.
Sponsors could help with advertising and running the tournament. The bigger the OSU attendance, the more members you can have in the future.

KZEZ

Smash Cadet
Hey,
I'm pretty new to Columbus but live a mile from OSU campus and was wondering if anyone was interested in playing melee sometime in the next few days. I am completely free on Sun/Mon/Tues this week and would love to smash a bit.

TariqX2

Smash Rookie
OH snap I would like to get more in this scene of players.

Im a melee/brawl player and im looking for some tournaments or some people to play with to get better Im gonna probably be at the seasons beatings tourney but idk for sure

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I think some people from here are going to the MWC in Cinci this weekend. I recommend checking that out.

After Season's Beatings, Nope's is the next one that's close to here.

Once Football season is over, AZ will start hosting Wings and Brew (which is in C-bus).

After the holidays, I plan to reopen the Middle of the Ohio to Brawl and Melee.

clowsui

Smash Legend
tako you're out of your mind...we have room, since OS and Kel aren't coming and I'm pretty sure Kassandra isn't either. Just come and reserve your spots lmao.

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484

Sign me up! Getting 6-8 people for a club should be easy. Everyone and their dog plays some version of smash.

Top Bottom