• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, Ohio: Center of the Smash Action

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Agreed, dLaw. Shouldnt be difficult at all. My life is being made into a living hell by dynamics and I will be studying for that a large part of this weekend since I have my first test in it wednesday, along with a few other large assignments.

I would like to get people who are interested in a club together at some point and see who we have. I can't say that my place would be very good as a meeting place since Dobs, Frenchman, and I were about all the more my single can hold comfortable, so if you know where we could meet, that would be excellent.

As Kiest said, the hardest part is going to be taken seriously should we request a "gaming club," though to be fair, a "euchre club" was made official just this year. In order to get things going, we will need both an advisor and a purpose. While I would like to see things geared towards Smash Bros. (I'm more of a Brawl guy than a Melee guy), I personally wouldn't mind seeing the club as more of a general fighting game club geared towards a tournament setting, meaning that we could include things such as Street Fighter and other such games while focusing on Smash since we are obviously going to be drawing a large number of initial members from smashboards.

With this basic setup, we could "maintain a high level of play" and be able to host tournament events as the chance arises. As Kiest said, it might not be a bad idea to include a donation aspect as part of the venue fee in order to help out local groups and charities since we would hopefully be able to draw in sizable crowds if events were executed properly meaning that we would both be able to get better support from the school and possible local sponsors while doing something they would see as meaningful outside of just playing games and having fun.

Once again the more people we have, the better, since it both provides a larger competitive base for "meetings," and shows that there is a high demand for such a group on campus. I'm probably going to be fairly busy in the next week or week and a half, but feel free to send me a message if anyone is interested in a few rounds here.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Too far Nope, by the time I wouldn't be able to leave until 5 and I would have to be back by 8ish: thus only giving me an hour. (Granted that would be a helpfuly hour.)

Top Bottom