• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon's Match-Up Database! | (General Discussion); UPDATED: April 18th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-3

Smash Hero
no biglord

it's not hard to do at all

it's just marths that SH double fair when the first one hits a shield, are dumb. It's unsafe on block, and your best option after that is to jump backwards and wall yourself again with fair while retreating back to the ground

shff single fair is MUCH safe and you can follow up with a dtilt that ****s up shields and any other things they try

lordhelmet

Smash Master
uh
helmet

that post is very very very very very ignorant of the matchup
For instance, you may have notice that your opponent (a marth) is at a medium range from you, he likes to jump forward with a forward air, and retreat away with another forward air to cover his landing. At first glance to a less experienced player, this seems impassable and that you'd need to bait the marth to stop doing that in order to hit him. However, there is a gap there: between the fairs you can hit him. You just need to be closer to him than you can get. If you dash forward and shield, you'll shield the first fair and slide while in shield, and be able to hit him from your shield before the 2nd fair.
(hmm) 10hmms

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Vs Marth depends on who you're playing...if they're an average player, you stand a good chance of messing them up because Marth is not for scrub players.

If they play smart, know how to mix up spacing and pokes, and react to approaches intelligently, you're in for an uphill battle.

As for DB, learn to SDI that. It just helps a lot in this matchup.

Otherwise yeah, all you can do is fish for powershield opportunities.

D

Deleted member

Vs marth you cant really stay grounded all that much because falcon has trouble punishing marths single fairs, ff nairs and he gets semi-wrecked by dancing blade. If you can try to bait like a full hop aerial and you fast fall air dodge to get down fast you could potentially start a juggle, and instead of letting him do his zoning you are the one forcing him to make a move.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
burnstocks might have something there. Baiting and punishing should be the most smart tactics when dealing with a good marth player.

... I think. This is just hypothetic, I've never played a good marth.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah but the problem is a good Marth will only use DS to break your follow up/counter attack attempts.

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
I have played some marths.
heres my 2 cents.

We cannot do anything to spaced double hopped fairs, there annoying as ****. You must powershield or you'r gonnna get *****, when you for a dthrow,etc never go out an follow up. Or you will get marth Fair/etc tipper. just wait an see what he does.

Marth's range an disjointedness can be as annoying as mk's when done right, only difference is that mk has a better time punishing, only slightly though.

You must really be patient in this match.

75-25 marth.

Any objections? :)

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I really don't this MU is 25-75 lool. Just learn how to space and play defensive.

Most of you guys are probably going agro on Marths and that's why you this this match-up is so bad. Stay defensive, use fthrow instead of dthrow, and SDI his DS.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah raptor boost > SH double Fair
And raptor boost > SH falling Fair

But good Marthas don't use that, so basically what lord said : play hyper defensive, don't ever EVER try to follow up or counter attack if he's not in some kind of lag.

One of Marth's great strenght is the ability to follow anything into anything to create a huge wall of disjointed attacks, but that ain't MK so you can get through it given you know very well the ending/landing lag of Marth's attacks.
Like don't try to punish a landed Nair or Uair (or Fair), nor the first hit of DB.

Also Falcon's jab is faster than anything Marth has (except DS).

Player-3

Smash Hero
darx i main marth now and place top 10 consistently :O

i was saying you CAN punish it

which is why noone uses it
<_<

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
darx i main marth now and place top 10 consistently :O

i was saying you CAN punish it

which is why noone uses it
<_<
good for you
we agree

now i say that the MU is worse than 75-25
its more like 80-20 just because of the fact that marth is simply big *** walking ball of priority. just like MK

Do what you do to get into his bad zones but he's gonna push you back out fast and hard.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
No please, Marth is nowhere near 20-80.

I mean, ok Marth is annoying and has a better moveset than Falcon, but his Dair sucks balls and that exposes him to Falcon's Uair.

If anything I'd say 35-65

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I still say 36-65 as well.

We beat Marth up close and do alright in the air. He obviously ***** us spacing wise, but c'mon he's really not that hard. We don't even have to approach him, I don't think a Martha will hesitate to approach us anyway.

Walk up to him and shield his fair, that's your approach.

Player-3

Smash Hero
k p1 said he would be coming over

but the reasons marth beats falcon so bad is because he can space him and react

wifi
spacing
reacting
LOLOLOL

but k ;D

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
No please, Marth is nowhere near 20-80.

I mean, ok Marth is annoying and has a better moveset than Falcon, but his Dair sucks balls and that exposes him to Falcon's Uair.

If anything I'd say 35-65
and how do you plan on getting marth above you?

marth has better attack speed, power, range, recovery, and spacing game. why are people saying falcon has even a remote chance in this match, he has a hard time even hitting him.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I am starting to think the real reason Falcon doesn't win is becasue he has stupid mainers bar Soveriegn who i know. Falcon marth is terrible for CF or have you played a marth off wifi since they game came out.

It mine as well be 100-0 because you won't win a tournament set against marth with falcon bar gay stages.

Ever

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I am starting to think the real reason Falcon doesn't win is becasue he has stupid mainers bar Soveriegn who i know.
yeah thats exactly why he doesnt win blacknight :rolleyes:

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Maybe uthrow to get him above us? So what, Marth is better in all those categories, but so is DK and that's only 40-60.
stupid to compare a match up to another character.

how can you reliably get inside marths sword to grab him? literally all falcon has in this match is attempting to juggle marth, and since falcon has no reliable way to stop marths aggro game falcon can't do that.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
stupid to compare a match up to another character.

how can you reliably get inside marths sword to grab him? literally all falcon has in this match is attempting to juggle marth, and since falcon has no reliable way to stop marths aggro game falcon can't do that.
Play defensively.

Yes, getting close to Marth is tough. But once you do that it's not hard to rack damage on him. Jab>>jab>grab>uthrow (or fthrow).

I'm not too good at explaining or convincing so I'll wait for Darky to get on :cool:

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
how can you convince against marth has a ****ing sword?

Marth COMPLETELY out zones falcon. falcon can't fight against fair dtilt and jab unless marth makes a mistake. if you need marth to make a MISTAKE to start racking up damage then your character is clearly out matched... completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom