• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB (Smash 64) Glitches

dch111

Smash Journeyman
A compendium of glitches from this forum, Youtube, GameFAQs, and elsewhere that I add to from time to time. PM me if anything's missing.

SSB Glitch Index

Graphics

Sound

Movement & Position

Overflow/overload errors

Break the Targets/Board the Platforms

Hitbox

Miscillaneous

Gameshark-only

Last edited:

smakis

Smash Ace
about the last one it was most likely a spike right after getting hit by the lava which does happen at higher % (i managed to tech on a plattform, roll and then get hit by the acid again =P)

P D

Smash Ace
if 2 people pick up an item at the same time it gives 1 item to each char

dch111

Smash Journeyman
I just tried it and 1st player (prior controller port) gets it first.

I'll add links to some of these glitches later to clarify them (videos/howtos)

btw, how do you get DK to float using the ultimate glitch? I assume it involves grabbing a box, but he always loses it and his pose

P D

Smash Ace
did you do it with TAS?

it has to be the exact frame

dch111

Smash Journeyman
I used an emulator and set both player one and two to the same controls. Does it have to be perfect distance from the items as well?

P D

Smash Ace
probably. it could be a few frames after someone picks it up too, kinda like the invis. bomb glitch

dch111

Smash Journeyman
I'll add it then...if anyone has a link to a video/etc. of this, it'd be greatly appreciated.

dandan

Smash Lord
the bumper in peach's castle just moved on my game, i guess it was emulator though, it moved after being hit and stayed in the air where it stopped.
unfortunately i do not have it recorded.

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
that's not a glitch, the bumper shifts position depending on how hard and in what direction a character bounces off it.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I lol'ed at mario/luigi roll glitch. Unfortunately then can't be kept at big size :/

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Also related to the Mario/Luigi roll glitch... if you have a CPU in the match, it attacks the image (i.e. the giant/small mario). It doesn't attack Mario/Luigi's real location (i.e. where they started the glitch).

dch111

Smash Journeyman
What does it do if you've pretty much tunneled into the stage? Just spam ground attacks?

I was really disappointed that the roll glitch didn't make mario heavier or anything. It would've been awesome to mess with my friends : (

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Well... it would be fun to do... become incredibly huge and your friends trying to attack you... but all of their attacks do nothing to you... :p

Actually... thinking about it... I think I'll do this in one of my local tournaments... just randomly pull this off and completely confuse an opponent. Then when he walks near where I really am, I just 'magically' appear right in front of him and up-smash :p

I can get away with too much against the people I play against lol. Some know about this glitch... but when I do pull it off against someone who doesn't...

smakis

Smash Ace
i spoke with that, he explained it poorly, what he meant was every time he bumped into the bumper, it moved and then stayed there, so he could continue bumping into it moving it offscreen, under the stage etc

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
huh? don't understand...

Sounds like a glitch... or something that's not supposed to happen...

The bumper at the top moves on it's own. I went on training mode, didn't do anything (well... rolled so the camera would not zoom in). The bumper moved on it's own. Is that the bumper you are talking about?

The bumper, moving floor, and the slanted grey ledges all move on their own.

smakis

Smash Ace
yes thats the bumper, but hitting it moved it from its original place, you could move it anywhere you wanted

dch111

Smash Journeyman
How did this occur (how can we perform this glitch), or was his copy of the game corrupted?

smakis

Smash Ace
was on emulator, and i have no clue since it was him experiencing the glitch =)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
He may have simply 'mis-remembered' what happened... (sports quotes, anyone?).

But in seriousness, that should not happen. There's either something wrong with his version of smash, he's using gameshark cheats without knowing he's using them, or you're not telling us something that will help us figure out what it is...

dandan

Smash Lord
i have no clue why it happened, was on training mode with both being falcon.
first and only time this is happened.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
What exactly happened? Did you have two Falcon Punches collide on the bumper? Did you just repeatedly knock someone into the bumper? How did the bumper move? Did it stop after every movement in it's new 'unnatural' position?

Can't explain it unless we have more info.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
I remember there being a GS code for movable bumpers that might have accidentally been turned on. In any case, I'll keep tab on it for now, but if it happens again enough times, I'll add it to the list.

dandan

Smash Lord
no gs codes except all chars and mushroom kingdom.
what happened is that it moved everytime after being hit and stopped in its new position.
after i saw it happen i started bumping intentionally into it and started moving it down through the stage
(left part of the moving floor) and continued moving it downwards until i could not see the bumper anymore.
i hope that explains it.
moreover, there is a glitch of some sort of gravity to the left, really odd, happened to me numerous times.
i have a movie of that, just need to encode it and upload it to youtube.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
If it can be reproduced normally, I'll add it. (anyone have a link to the clipping teleport glitch by the way? I can't find the thread; I know it can be done on the right edge of dreamland through DI, but that's it.)

Your copy of smash seems strange. Sure you have the "official" version?

dandan

Smash Lord
yes i am sure, the gravity thing is a bug that happens in pj64, it happened to a lot of other players.
the bumper thing i cannot explain, but it only happened once and i have no idea how to reproduce it.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
the 'clipping' of the stage glitch... do you mean the glitch where you go hit the stage on one side and appear on the other side of the platform? That does happen on Dreamland... (thread called "East Dreamland glitch" or something like that... and it happened to me), but it also happens in Board the Platforms. This glitch is used as a shortcut in that mode for pikachu.

It happens in many places.

smakis

Smash Ace
just read what he says >_>, he clearly states that he moved the bumper and moved it through the moving plattforms on peachs castle =)

dch111

Smash Journeyman
yes i am sure, the gravity thing is a bug that happens in pj64, it happened to a lot of other players.
the bumper thing i cannot explain, but it only happened once and i have no idea how to reproduce it.
Ah, I see. I think I remember that glitch. Though, since I'm listing glitches doable on the console, I can't include it.

the 'clipping' of the stage glitch... do you mean the glitch where you go hit the stage on one side and appear on the other side of the platform? That does happen on Dreamland... (thread called "East Dreamland glitch" or something like that... and it happened to me), but it also happens in Board the Platforms. This glitch is used as a shortcut in that mode for pikachu.

It happens in many places.
Added. Thanks for the info.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I tried to do the ultimate glitch on PAL version but the invisible bob-omb glitch didnt work T_T
However the link bomb glitch works on pal version

dch111

Smash Journeyman
I thought for sure it worked on all versions. Yeah, the link bomb glitch also works for setting it up.

But I always find myself needing two links since the invisible mine only stays if the glitching link doesn't produce any new bombs. (I am aware you could also put the invisible bomb you're holding on the ground, but then it always vanishes in a puff of smoke (the smoke is visible), like an item that hasn't been picked up in awhile)

dch111

Smash Journeyman
It is a variant of the ultimate glitch (though I guess the one video I linked to isn't comprehensive about the different types of it). I'll create a subdivision for gameshark-only things though.

House

Smash Journeyman
I've got a gameshark which makes samus' charge shot grow withouth limits. Also when it's fired it advances very slowly. I'll post a screenshot later.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I've got a gameshark which makes samus' charge shot grow withouth limits. Also when it's fired it advances very slowly. I'll post a screenshot later.
Awesome.

I hope u can share this gameshark someday =)

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Added Falcon's invincible leg, and also the golden hammer glitch.

Top Bottom