• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB (Smash 64) Glitches

dch111

Smash Journeyman
I always thought it was just an advanced technique, but now that I think about it it could be considered a glitch. Anyone know if it was intentionally designed or not?

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Noted, thanks. Seems like the only glitch fundamentally Gameshark-exclusive so far will be the Samus expanding charge shot glitch.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Noted, thanks. Seems like the only glitch fundamentally Gameshark-exclusive so far will be the Samus expanding charge shot glitch.
you can add the pokemon glitch variant to that as well. It needs a gameshark code for all the pokemon to come out at once.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
True...then I will consider it as its own glitch instead of an Ultimate variant.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Added Falcon's "ducking" of lasers by dashing, and another non-gameshark variant of the clipping teleport involving the Luigi ladder.

By the time I'm done scouring the archives there will probably still be a couple more to add that people haven't remembered.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
i can think of two more, the ledge arial thing that jiggly and samus can do wher eyou like teloport off the edge and can get back without jumping, also the one thats literally almost impossible where its like fall cancel from a platform

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Are fake ledge jump and drop cancel really glitches though? I thought they were just hard-to-do physics exploits.

Edit: By the way, does anyone know who coined the name "teleport" for Jiggly/Fox/Samus's slide tech? What were they thinking? Or did you guys coin it and have a compelling explanation?

I'd much rather call it like
slide boost
superdash
and would suggest changing the term unless it's become too official

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Are fake ledge jump and drop cancel really glitches though? I thought they were just hard-to-do physics exploits.

Edit: By the way, does anyone know who coined the name "teleport" for Jiggly/Fox/Samus's slide tech? What were they thinking? Or did you guys coin it and have a compelling explanation?

I'd much rather call it like
slide boost
superdash
and would suggest changing the term unless it's become too official
It is virtually official through the smash 64 community. There is already a super wavedash, which uses pikachu's up b to move through jigglypuff's sing

Top Bottom