• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of Fighters! Circuit Event I 11/21/09 Chicago, Illinois

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Venue: Beijing Buffet (Yes, I got you guys some food. However, it is no included in the venue fee. =p )
4117 S Kedzie Ave, Chicago, IL 60632

This place has a parking lot, so you guys can park there an not have to worry about tickets like at Screenz. Also, it is located just North of the Kedzie Orange Line Train Stop, and a few blocks south from I-55 Kedzie exit.

Venue Fee: $7 Per Person
Bring in a Full Set Up (TV, System, Game): Free Entry

With all that said, here is the list of tournament games!

Street Fighter 4 Singles - Circuit Event

Blazblue Singles & 3v3 Teams

Tekken 6 Singles

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles/Doubles - Circuit Event

Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 Singles - Circuit Event

We might be running Side Tournaments if I get the bigger venue I am hoping to get!

So the details are up for the most part. This event will also give me a rough idea of what events to run at the next Clash series starting in January, so depending on this event, I will know what games to run and which ones to drop.

We will have a Can Drive at this event! Donating a Can of Food to the drive will automatically enter you into the Raffle that will be going on all day at this event! This drive is a good way to show the community that we care about the community and are not just gamers and only care for ourselves! It will help the community considering this is a week prior to Thanksgiving and I am sure will be something good for everyone!
There will be goodies been raffled to win, anything from a Gift Card to a freaking Turkey! I will also be raffling away my 2nd Wii Arcade Stick at this event. ^_^

Hope to see you guys here! Should be a fun event! And wait until you get to see the pictures of the things I will be giving away at this event! ^_^

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Rules

Double Elimination
3 Stocks
8 Minutes
Best 2/3 Matches
All Finals Best 3/5 Matches
Items are set to "off" and "none."

STAGE LIST

Neutral

Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter Pick

Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halbert
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* King Dedede's standing infinite is banned. Any chain grab done with King Dedede MUST include a dash between each grab. Any chain grabs done in place on moving platforms or against a wall are legal, as these are only temporary stage-specific occurrences and no legal stages have permanent walls.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If Equaled, a 1 Stock match is played, same Characters and Stage. NO SUDDEN DEATH IS PLAYED OUT.

* Meta Knight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned. Anyone caught using it to lengthen the distance of Dimensional Cape will automatically lose that game to their opponent.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. However, for all other suicides, the match will end as per the results screen. In the event of a tie, play an overtime game. (Same Characters, Same Stage, 1 Stock)

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

*No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Tournament Fees!

SSBBrawl Singles/Doubles - $10 Per Person
Street Fighter 4 Singles - $10 Per Person
Blazblue Singles - $10 Per Person
Blazblue 3v3 - $5 Per Person($15 Per Team)
Tekken 6 Singles - $5 Per Person
Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 Singles - $10 Per Person

Pay out!

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

SSBBrawl Pay Out!

If under 50 People:
1st - 55%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 15%
4th - $10

If over 50 People:

1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 5%
5th - 2.5% Each
7th - $10 Each

Tournament Schedule!

11AM - Last Minute Sign Ups!

12pm - Blazblue 3v3 Teams, SSBBrawl Doubles, Melty Blood: Actress Again Singles, SSBBrawl+ Singles

1pm - SSBBrawl Singles Pools (Bracket will follow after Pools end), Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 Singles Pools (Bracket will follow after Pools end)

2PM - Blazblue Singles, Tekken 6 Singles

4PM - Street Fighter 4 Singles, Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 Singles

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
PreReg List!

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles

Fat Jackie Chan: Chicago, IL
Garabon: Lisle, IL
mimeman: Chicago, IL
Killtz: Metro Detroit, MI
GTFOcandy: Metro Detroit, MI
Devildigimon: Racine, WI
Hunger: Kaukauna, WI
Grimace: Kaukauna, WI
Fatboy: Kaukauna, WI
Bo X7: Chicago Heights, IL
Byron: Richton Park, IL
Eagleye893: Naperville, IL
EliteGrimm: Park Forest, IL
gamemasterdevil : Chicago, IL
GenoSamus: Chicago, IL
Havik: Chicago, IL
ike is solid: Chicago, IL
MaysTheCraze: Maywood, IL
Mojo: Elmhurst, IL
Lamp: Chicago, IL
SothE700k: Aurora, IL
Narigo1: Chicago,IL
Ook: Vernon Hills, IL
Dajayman: Chicago, IL
Quik, Chicago, IL
Roman: Chicago, IL
Calebyte: Muncie, IN
Chewyy: Springfield, IL
Deez: Champaign, IL
VaMP: Indianapolis, IN
Dark Kakashi: Chicago, IL

Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 Singles

Fat Jackie Chan: Chicago, IL
Killtz: Metro Detroit, MI
GTFOcandy: Metro Detroit
Shikago: St Louis, MO
Akatsuki: Cincinnati, OH
Icekid: IceCastle, FL
Darl Sasuke: Chicago, IL
Mystic: Miami, FL
KILLAH-J: Chicago, IL
Funked: Cedar Rapids, IA
Kokain: Cedar Rapids, IA
Fatboy: Kaukauna, WI

Street Fighter 4 Singles

J-money: Chicago, IL
Noah: Chicago, IL
Str8xBallin: Chicago, IL
eMac: Chicago, IL
Flying_V: Zion, IL
Bzerk45: Chicago, IL
Isaiah7: Chicago, IL
NoChiliNoPity: Chicago, IL
Mr. Man99: Arlington Heights, IL
Syxx: Gurnee, IL
Dr.Monster: Chicago, IL
munn3yx: Milwaukee, WI
Yee: Milwaukee, WI
MaDWaK: Milwaukee, WI
EmptyShiki: Naperville, IL

Blazblue Singles

Mystic: Miami, FL
NappyJin: Radio City, WI

Tekken 6 Singles

Flying_V: Zion, IL
Bzerk45: Chicago, IL
SwiftDemon: Chicago, IL
MaDWaK: Milwaukee, WI
AuhsojSivart: Hammond, IN

Melty Blood: Actress Again Singles

Shikago: St Louis, MO
AuhsojSivart: Hammond, IN
SimaMatty: Janesville WI

Circuit Point Distribution and Current Guarantee Cash Bonuses for the Championship Event to the Top Players!

1st: 35 Points
2nd: 30 Points
3rd: 25 Points
4th: 20 Points
5th: 16 Points
7th: 14 Points
9th: 12 Points
13th: 10 Points
17th: 8 Points
25th: 6 Points
33rd: 4 Points
49th: 2 Points
Over 49th: 1 Point

November Event & July Championship Event

1st: 70 Points
2nd: 60 Points
3rd: 50 Points
4th: 40 Points
5th: 32 Points
7th: 28 Points
9th: 24 Points
13th: 20 Points
17th: 16 Points
25th: 12 Points
33rd: 8 Points
49th: 4 Points
Over 49th: 2 Points

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles - $500 Guaranteed**
Street Fighter 4 - $100 Guaranteed**
Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 - $100 Guaranteed**

**All these are Guaranteed and will go up depending on attendance of those events. So some may even double, if it gets enough support! So the more people show up, the more it will go to the top players. At this time, TOP 3 will get paid, if the pay outs get higher with turnouts, I will pay out to at least TOP 5! ^_^

Last year we paid out $450 to Brawl Top 3, $100 to SF4 Top 2, $50 to Melee, and $25 to Naruto Rev 2. So these are much higher with the exception of SF4... But like I said, if more people show up to these events, the Sponsors WILL DOUBLE the payouts, like for Brawl to over $1,000 and imagine the pay out for that prize! ^_^

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Is Rev 3 even out yet?
Revolution 3 comes out November 17th, so this event will be the first tournament after the release. So basically everyone should be on the same level for this event! ^_^

Yes :D

Is this the same as OMG FRIED TURKEY 4 ALL?
Yes, it is. I changed the name of the tournament.... XD

A friend and I can go if it is close enough. venue details venue details venue details!
I will have all that info ready this week. I am looking of a big place that gives me many hours to run the event. I don't want to get kicked out of a venue if we do not finish on time. but the info should be posted by the end of this week! ^_^

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I might run it as a side tournament. I am also looking into doing a 2 day event in which case I can guarantee it.

Yeah this should be fun.

I will be posting on the 2nd post that I reserve the people that are planning to show up, aka Preregister.

This will give you guys an idea of the turn out and who is planning to show up and from where so you guys can come and play games against different players from different locations!

Remember Preregistering is easy, just type your nickname, your location and which games you are planning to enter.

This will also help out determining which games I might run as side events if it gets enough interest.

ex. Dark Kakashi, Chicago, IL; Street Fighter 4, Blazblue 3v3

That's it. I will update the 2nd post with all the preregisters I get! This should be a pretty good event! ^_^

FatJackieChan

Smash Journeyman
Fat Jackie Chan, Chicago, IL; Brawl Singles and Doubles; Maybe Rev 3... Can you put the Brawl stages up at least? I want to set my game to have the stages so I can practice.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I will put up the Stage List tomorrow morning, aka in a few hours after my nap. :p

I am doing the Can Drive basically cause I did it last year as well in one of my events in the Fall and anything I can do to help the local community is great for everyone. This is a good way of showing the community that gamers care and we can provide food for some people just in time for Thanksgiving!

I will update the Main post in the morning, so keep Preregistering as well!

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
I preregistered on All is Brawl, but I will preregister here aswell just in case.

Garabon, Lisle, IL; Brawl Single and Brawl Doubles.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
People will have like, 2 days to find game breaking tactics in Rev 3 that slipped by the willvo testers

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Ok I have Updated the 2nd Post with the Current Prereg List!

Keep them coming guys, this will only make this event bigger for everyone!

I will add the Rules to the games in just a few minutes! ^_^

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
I will be there and help out where needed (probably running tournaments). WI I need a ride to this guys. Or I could make Mike come get me... :)

I'll be a playing in Brawl (hopefully Brawl+ is there too), Naruto Rev 3, and MBAA.

Tekken 6 WILL BE A WASTE OF TIME MIKE. DON'T RUN IT!!! Let them play that gay game in WI at the arcade where it needs to be ran. The tekken community always bash (very strongly) Smash and Naruto players, why should we cater to them for ANY REASON!!!

.02 cents

I will bring a bag of canned goods. I'm all for helping out the community.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Webster, that is fine. Chicago is pretty hype for Tekken 6 this will only determine what games I will run in the next COB so I am running games and if the attendance is there I will make it a stable at the next series I run. Plus I am sure there will be a good turn out for Tekken 6. ^_^

Hunger, cause I can! Plus the other titles were not that good.... This one at least sounds better. You should Prereg instead of complaining about a title. =p

hunger!

Smash Champion
is this technically the start of CoB season 2? like this will have circuit points and what not. you can put down me,grimace, fatboy. kaukauna, wi.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Technically, yes! It will be worth double points cause I am not running an event in December. XD

You ruined what I was going to post later on in this thread. XD

FatJackieChan

Smash Journeyman
OH YES! I only went to one of the circuit games last year and I left early. This time I can actually chill there for a while I think. And if I skip a month I can go to the next one. When is the circuit gonna end? July again, cause that's a lot of tourneys. If so, please don't put another one at ACEN because I probably can't go... :(

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Yes it will end in July in another big 2 day event! Were many prizes and stuff will be given away!

I am not scheduling an event in ACen, it is just too hard to work anything there since they will only let you run the event by their rules and I am not doing that. lol

I will have the Circuit Point System added to the Main Post by tomorrow. ^_^

Also, I added the Brawl Rules on the Main Post. ^_^

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Cool Mike, it's your show...I'm just the sub boss to the final boss. AND I DON'T MEAN JUST OWNIN!!! LMFAO. I support whatever you wanna do.

Yo call me tomorrow, we'll work out the details. :)

chiefwanabigmac

Smash Rookie
Roman, Chicago IL, Brawl Singles.
Would this be a good first tournament to go to? Im still wading through the boards to figure out where to get started.

chiefwanabigmac

Smash Rookie
Im still getting used to navigating and this popped out. I got a buddy who plays some heavy in melee but brawl feels better in my hands and he sent me to this site. I look forward to it.

FatJackieChan

Smash Journeyman
Frigate, RC? I know they are legal, and I don't want you to change it, but they are such a hassle as Snake...

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Preregistration List has been updated!

Tournament Schedule has been added!

Tournament Fees have been added!

If you want to debate raising or lowering a Fee for a Tournament I will hear those arguments now, in 1 week they will be final! ^_^

Trophies are been made to be given to the Winners of Street Fighter 4 Singles, Blazblue Singles, Tekken 6 Singles, Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles, Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3! ^_^

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
This event will be the start of the Clash of Fighters Series!

Since Clash of Brokenness ended in July I did not want to start with VIII. So instead I renamed the series, still having Clash in there, since most people knew it as the Clash Series/Circuit anyway.

We have new games in the line up and new sponsors and new stuff to give away and new cash bonuses for the Championship Event in July!

At this time, only 3 games will be getting Circuit Points which will be added every month and posted in the beginning of each new tournament thread, so everyone can see where they stand currently!

The first event and the Championship event will yield Double Points. This also makes up in case some players can not make it to some events, as long as they make those two events they would have earned the points of a missed event!

This first event will determine what other games if any will also start earning Circuit Points, if they get big turn outs. Possible Tournaments that will earn CIrcit Points Starting January are, Super Smash Brothers Melee (it got a good showing last year), Blazblue, and/or Tekken 6. I will make that final decision before the January event!

Outside of that, the three games that will earn players Circuit Points are:

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles
Street Fighter 4 Singles
Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 Singles

The first event and Championship event will also reward the winners of those events with a bonus trophy and the Championship Event will award Cash Bonuses from the Sponsors!

I feel that everyone that participates at these events should earn some points, so that is why I am using the Point System I have. I feel it also helps build rivalries from players seen how they stack up to everyone else there. This will be the Point System that we will be using at these events!

1st: 35 Points
2nd: 30 Points
3rd: 25 Points
4th: 20 Points
5th: 16 Points
7th: 14 Points
9th: 12 Points
13th: 10 Points
17th: 8 Points
25th: 6 Points
33rd: 4 Points
49th: 2 Points
Over 49th: 1 Point

November Event & July Championship Event

1st: 70 Points
2nd: 60 Points
3rd: 50 Points
4th: 40 Points
5th: 32 Points
7th: 28 Points
9th: 24 Points
13th: 20 Points
17th: 16 Points
25th: 12 Points
33rd: 8 Points
49th: 4 Points
Over 49th: 2 Points

Last circuit we got over 150 People for the Championship Event, lets see if we can top that this time around! ^_^

I will add this post to the Main Post later in the day. >_>;

hunger!

Smash Champion
I know im not the TO here, DK.

But i'd like to ask you to change your stage list to a more conservative/competitive and all around better stage list by taking off a few stages. It's been a while since your last series and the stage list has changed, not so much in MW:E though. they're adding dumb ****, but besides that.

Norfair: Basically no where in the Nation has this legal anymore. ONLY MIDWEST

Pictochat: This one's debatable but it is banned everywhere except midwest/texas

Jungle Japes: Also debatable. Only place that accepts it is midwest

Pokémon Stadium 2: banned everywhere. cept midwest:east.

Just a suggestion.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I'll take that into consideration. I do enjoy some of these stages and it was nice of you to post your ideas. I have seen that Norfair is rarely used as well as PS2 now a days.

I will remove those two stages from the list.

Too keep a little Midwest flavor in there I will leave Pictochat and Jungle Japes in the list. I have seen many players go to those stages so I don't see any harm in them. Players can always ban a stage!

I was already considering removing those 2 stages I am about to remove, I just wanted some input from the players attending if they still play on them.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Japes is pretty much automatically banned on falcos, and it's not exceptionally broken for any other characters, so meh.

At least norfair and ps2 are banned now =D

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
I don't mind Norfair, but Pokemon Stadium 2 is just a terrible level.

I don't really have an opinion of Pictochat.

Japes I think should be legal.

Top Bottom