• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of Fighters! Circuit Event I 11/21/09 Chicago, Illinois

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
This circuit should be a lot of fun and I will tell you guys this weekend what i plan to do about the January-June events. I am sure this event will get many players from all over the city and suburbs!

This is going to be fun, we doing a Chicago Circuit going all over the Chicago Metropolitan area bringing in new players and also building a huge Championship Pot! This one will be given to more of the top over all point leaders and a big chunk to the overall winnner!

Ill post more info later tonight when I get back from work.

FatJackieChan

Smash Journeyman
Why is it banned? It only affects a few match-ups, and IC's are legal... so I see no reason to ban it.

Arty

Smash Lord
Why would you want the DDD infinite on? So you can make up for your lack of skill by doing an easy as hell CG that makes 7 matchups unwinnable?

Wafles

Smash Lord
It's banned because it's incredibly easy to do, and dedede already has a rediculous grab range, and is already an amazing all around character, he doesn't need it.

One could argue that the IC's chaingrabs are a lot harder to do.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
For anyone interested in playing Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 I have a nice announcement for you guys.

TOMY-USA has just told me they are sponsoring that tournament at this event! So we will be receiving some bonus Prize Packages from them and some extra goodies to give away as well. From what I heard some of the extra stuff are T-shirts, Dog tags, and Posters, but everything will be confirmed when I receive the packages soon and once again post those pics online!

So that is one of the sponsors, at this time I am also closing a deal with a food sponsor so we can have food supplied at the venue, do not rely on that since it is not confirmed yet, but that is one of the other sponsors I am working with, alongside a drink sponsor for the event! ^_^

Hope you guys enjoy the info, hopefully I can update more stuff in the next days and potentially update the Brawl sponsorship soon as well! ^_^

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
There will be set ups for TvC, if it gets enough interest we might run a tournament for it, but I am not confirming anything yet. If we get some really nice interest then yeah we can run it. But regardless there will be casual play for the game.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I will try my hardest to try attend one, DK i want to come to one of these. I have heard good stories about ur tourneys but they arent as good as mine :D

jk i wanna come really bad

FatJackieChan

Smash Journeyman
Why would you want the DDD infinite on? So you can make up for your lack of skill by doing an easy as hell CG that makes 7 matchups unwinnable?
For the record, I don't play DDD... I just don't see why we should ban something that is the basis of why some people learned him.
It's banned because it's incredibly easy to do, and dedede already has a rediculous grab range, and is already an amazing all around character, he doesn't need it.

One could argue that the IC's chaingrabs are a lot harder to do.
Dude, I am trying to pick up the IC's... IT'S A LOT HARDER TO DO! I'm not complaining that it is not easy so it should be allowed. I was saying that IC's cg was stronger, but it isn't banned.
RAGE

but i agree
Thank you. I think it should be legal, but it isn't much of a problem for me, in fact it is just a good thing for me. I have no DDD match-up experience, I don't play him, and there is a better chance of him being knocked out, so I don't have to fight him.

In my opinion I think it should be legal, but it's all good for me. So ban it if you want, it won't affect much anyway (he has pretty good match-ups against them any way.) DK vs DDD 15%-85% to 30%-70%. lolz

FatJackieChan

Smash Journeyman
I have interest in Tatsunoko. Are you gonna have any free tourneys, like games without big turn outs that might just be fun to have around?

EDIT: Sorry, double post...

Arty

Smash Lord
For the record, I don't play DDD... I just don't see why we should ban something that is the basis of why some people learned him.
That's exactly why it's banned, so the CG doesn't become the basis of why some people learn DDD. There will be people that will take the 5 minutes to learn the infinite and then make 7 matches unwinnable. Everyone knows that it doesn't break the game, but it's banned most places because no one wants to get infinited 3 straight stocks while their opponent presses Z-down and watches the match on the next TV. Plus DDD mains almost never complain because they don't need it.

FatJackieChan

Smash Journeyman
I think that it is hurting his meta game enough to bring him lower on the tier... W/e... I won't complain... I might pick up IC's (been screwing around with the desynchs to be more familiar with the MU's, but it is fun...), I might grab DK, and the less DDDs there the better it is for Marth.

FatJackieChan

Smash Journeyman
How soon are you going to decide the bracket? Oh, and are they all in Chicago? (Like the city and not the suburbs...)

EDIT: must stop double posting!

byron

Smash Apprentice
I just realized this tournament and smashing gounds 3 is on the same day.
I will go to the one that is eaiser to get to.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
For those still wondering the venue has been confirm.

I have been sick all week so I have not updated the Main Post yet. I will update later today or tomorrow I am still sick so I am going back to sleep.

For those still wondering the venue is at a hotel near Midway Airport so ample ways to get by train and/or bus. Also, is much more spacious so people wont complain on how cramp it will get.

More info to be posted later when I get better.

Count

Smash Champion
I might go to this..if I do who would be interesting in teaming? A good partner is usually whether or not I decide to go haha. I have good teams results.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Come to this Count, I'm gonna try to!

I'd team with you, but I doubt I have enough $, plus you probably want somebody better at doubles anyway.

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
I might go to this..if I do who would be interesting in teaming? A good partner is usually whether or not I decide to go haha. I have good teams results.
All i know is that you still owe me a did ditto MM ever since AURORA

Top Bottom