• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

U.M.A.D. - Dec 5th @ Cumberland RI - R.I.P. Ally ;-;

~U.M.A.D - I Don't Need To Recover!
Brawl Tournament December 5th

So here's this tournament right...

TVs and Wii. Especially Wiis. Wiis are a must, I don't even own one XD

•Venue*
Game House RI
51 America Street
Cumberland, RI 02864

*The street signs IRL and on GPSes are labeled "Abbott St", but Google Maps labels it as America Street. It's weird, but whatever, just Google/Yahoo/whatevs for "51 America Street", or GPS "51 Abbott St", and you'll be set. It's a giant *** brick building, entrance is in the back, to the far right (follow the paper signs lol)

•Contact Information:
just PM me lololol
Zao's cell phone: (401) 451-6727 (best to text me if possible)
Zao's AIM: Xaozano
Ron's cell phone: (401) 484-2321

•Schedule
- 10:00AM - arrive / friendlies / etc.
- 12:30PM - Doubles sign ups start
- 1:00PM - 1:30PM -- Doubles sign ups end / Doubles start
-- Doubles end / Singles sign ups for Brawl
-- Singles end / LTSingles sign ups start
-- LTSingles will start
-- LTSingles event ends
-- (if we have time) LTDCs sign ups/start/end

*Schedule is ALWAYS subject to change
*TVs will open up for friendlies as the tournament progresses. PLEASE remove yourself from a TV if needed for a tournament match.

•Venue Fee - $5
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles - $5 per Person, $10 per Team
Brawl Low Tier Singles - $5
(if we have time) Brawl Low Tier Draft Crews - $5

All prizes will be paid in cash.

•Prize pools (Singles)
1st-55%
2nd-30%
3rd-15%

•Prize Pools (Doubles)
1st-55%
2nd-30%
3rd- 15%*

•Prize Pools (Draft Crews)
1st- Even Split
2nd- $0

*If less than 16 teams sign up, the pot split will go 60/40/0.
*D tier and lower characters are allowed for Low Tier Draft Crews. Use this for reference: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236407

•Rules
-All Matches are 3 stock, 8 minutes, with items set to off and none. All matches are best 2/3 except for Winners/Losers/Grand Finals which are best 3/5.

-First round is double blind character pick. The first stage will then be determined by stage strikes. One player strikes a stage, then the other player strikes, until there is one stage left

-Second and third games, winner bans a stage, loser picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character, then the match can start.

-In the event of a dispute for controller ports, rock-paper-scissors will be used. In teams the winner will select his port, the opposing team members will select theirs, and the teammate of the winner will take the remaining port.

-In the event of a time out, the winner is determined by stock, and then by percentage. If a tie exists, play a 1 stock match on the same stage with the same characters to determine the winner.

-If Bowser's Klaw is initiated then the win will go to Bowser. If Ganondorf initiates a Ganoncide, ignore the outcome and the win will go to Ganondorf. All other suicides will be sent to the tie-breaker.

-Players using a wireless controller that synchs to a game station (such as Wii Remote, Nunchuk, and/or Classic Controller) are required to remove their batteries when not playing matches in order to prevent interference. Players interfering with other players games due to wireless connection, whether intentional or unintentional, will be penalized as seen fit.

-Any action that causes the game to become unfinishable (glitching, freezing) will count as a forfeit of the match for the person who initiated the action.

-Metaknight's Infinite Cape Glitch is banned. Ice Climbers' Fusion Glitch is banned.

-Excessive stalling and planking are banned (250% rule). If the timer runs out in a match, and a player has exceeded 60 edgegrabs, then that player loses. If both/neither players exceed 60 edgegrabs then the normal outcome (by stock, then percent) is taken.

-Dedede's standing infinite is banned. Ice Climbers' infinite grab is not banned. Wall infinites/locks are NOT banned but must end quickly after 70%.

-BYOC (Bring your own controller).

-If you see someone doing something that is not permitted, please inform myself or another host and we will take care of it.

-Mage's DQ Rule is in affect; If your match is called and you are:
2 minutes late = Warning
4 minutes late = Loss of Match
6 minutes late = Loss of set
NO EXCEPTIONS! If you go off the tournament grounds you must tell me or Ron.

-Dave's Stupid Rule Modified: You may not go to a stage that was previously played in a set unless both players agree to it.

-Azen's Late Arrival Rule: If you want to enter an event after registration for it closes, you will have to pay $2 more for venue fee ($7 total). NO EXCEPTIONS!

Stages

•Neutrals
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

•Counter Picks
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

•All other stages are banned

Prawn

Smash Master
LOL irish you're complaining about recoveries in brawl?

you play ****ing peach in melee!

Prawn

Smash Master
lol......

irish's wario, and even his jiggs, are actually pretty legit. I've played both of you and he does better against me is all i'm saying.

Prawn

Smash Master
......well we played a friendly at chelmsford if you want to count that,

and basically all we've done is friendlies. and a month isnt that long at all. In fact I haven't played irish in months at brawl and not to be harsh or anything but he was head over heels better than you. he doesnt even play brawl lol

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
eww i hate the move toward a more and more conservative stage list.

why do ppl suddenly hate RC so much?

meh, enough people on AiB wanted the switch back to having RC, so basically we have WC stage set.

I like RC, this was actually based off of pure science, but it seems like too much work, and there's plenty of opposition of dropping off Rainbow (New England live on AiB). Cruise stays.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
I forgot this is the day of my birthday party....sorry won't be here.

KevinM come to my party after!!!

AKC, yes, this is the tourney people were talking about at BATL4. Ask Fatal or Prawn for a ride, or take the T

Irish, Nacho and Fats are gonna be there, so yeah, most likely :3

Top Bottom