• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MSC #2 (12/19) - Smashin' Through The Snow - Lawrence, IN

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Midwest Smash Circuit Event #2 - SMASHIN' THROUGH THE SNOW​

AiB Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7999

Hosted By: Vamp (HK Dount of the Blue Fire) / TheBlueBlade
Cell Numbers: Blade - (574) 220-3991 | Vamp - (317) 363-7718

Location: Vamps House, Lawrence (Indianapolis), Indiana (at: 12410 Guy Way, Lawrence, IN 46236 -> (see Red tack on this map))
Time: 10:30 AM (Registration/Smashfest), 11:30 AM (Doubles Begins) (NO ONE MAY ARRIVE BEFORE 10 AM)

Rules of the Venue, Fees, and Points Distribution

= Singles ($10) | Doubles ($20 or $10 per player) | Venue Fee ($5*)
* since this is at a house, the venue fee will be going towards the electric bill
* bring a FULL setup (Wii, TV and Brawl) and your fee will be waived (we will be numbering setups)
* SINGLES PAYOUTS: 48% to 1st, 22% to 2nd, 14% to 3rd, 8% to 4th, 4% to 5th (usually two payouts)
* DOUBLES PAYOUTS: 60% to 1st, 30% to 2nd, 10% to 3rd
* CIRCUIT CUT: 15%

Points Distribution
Singles:
1st - 50
2nd - 30
3rd - 20
4th - 15
5th/7th - 10
9th/13th - 5
17th - 2
<17th - 1

** MUST MAKE IT OUT OF POOLS TO QUALIFY FOR POINTS **

Doubles:
1st - 30
2nd - 20
3rd - 15
4th - 10
5th - 7
7th - 4
9th - 2

= Vamps house, Vamps rules. Basically, don't break/vandalize/do other bad things in his house. We will remove you from the tournament and venue if things are abused. If you break/vandalize it, you buy it. (other things will be added in at Vamps discretion). For other rules, see the "Very Important Rules" section near the bottom of this post.

Blade's House Rules

= Housing will be provided at my (Blade's) house in Muncie (which is 45 mins away). OoS first priority, Indiana people second priority. I'm not sure if Vamp will be providing any housing, but once he talks to me, I will let you all know.

= Depending on who is coming, I may cap my house to a certain amount of people. There is a dog in the house as well, so those of you with allergies, please let me know. I don't want you to get sick.

= My house has the same rules as Vamps house (see "Rules of the Venue, Fees, and Points Distribution" section above)

= For those who smoke, smoking is allowed but only outside. If you really want to, you may drink, as long as you are of age and bring your own.

= FYI: If you do stay at my house, we will be leaving early in the morning to go to Lawrence and setup, which would mean we would be leaving no later than 8:30 AM.

= Please... no illegal substances. Ball State's PD is on a constant patrol in off-campus neighborhoods (which is where I am at). If you are caught with illegal substances, you will be arrested (obviously) and will be putting the rest of the house at risk. So it is best not to bring it at all.

Setups

= If you can bring a setup, please tell me ASAP. I will include your name in the list below, so I know who is bringing a setup. We are looking to having 7-10 setups (including our own).

Setup List
1. Vamp (provided at Venue)
2. Calebyte
3. Composer
4. Joemama
5. XeroXen
6. Fonz
7. IkeKillsAll
8-10. TBD

Rules of the Brawl

= 3 stock / 8 minute timer

= Items to be set to "OFF" and "NONE"

= As always, BYOC! You are responsible for your controller and are recommended to put a name label on it. Malfunctions of any sort with your controller are your own problem and are responsible for making sure it is functioning before a match starts. It is also recommended that you bring an additional controller with you. If your match must be restarted due to controller malfunctions, then it must be agreed upon with your opponent. (ATTENTION WII-MOTE and CLASSIC USERS! You are to remove your batteries in effort to prevent possible interference and delay with other Wii's, and this will save battery life)

= ALL match sets will be best 2 out of 3 (with exception to winner's and loser's finals, as well as the grand finals will be best 3 out of 5)

= If there is a dispute over controller ports, they will be decided through Rock/Paper/Scizors

= During doubles, controller ports are determined in a 1221 fashion. (Whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.)

= In the event that the timer hits 0, the match will be decided by stock remaining. If stock remaining is tied, then it will be decided by least amount of damage taken in that stock.

= MK's Infinite Cape glitch is banned

= If a game ends with Bowser's Suicide Klaw, Ganon's Murder Choke, or Kirby/DeDeDe's swallow-cides, that game will count as a win towards Bowser, Ganon, Kirby, and DeDeDe.

= COLOR BLIND RULE: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

= STALLING IS BANNED! (Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

= Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Stage List

= Stage Strike System will be used (Stage Striking: Players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counter picked later in the set).
= Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
= THE LIST BELOW IS PERMANENT AND NOT UP FOR DISCUSSION

Neutral Stages
= Battlefield
= Final Destination
= Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
= Smashville
= Pokemon Stadium 1

Counter-pick Stages
= Lylat Cruise
= Halberd
= Luigi's Mansion
= Delfino Plaza
= Pirate Ship
= Norfair
= Frigate Orpheon
= Castle Siege
= PictoChat
= Jungle Japes
= Brinstar
= Rainbow Cruise
= Green Greens

* BANNED STAGES ARE ALLOWED AS COUNTERS AS LONG AS BOTH PLAYERS AGREE ON SUCH *

VERY IMPORTANT RULES

= Nope's NO BS Rule: By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.

= Mage's DQ Rule (with personal revisement): Once your match is called, it must be played. A smasher who is two (2) minutes late will be issued a warning (2 warnings = First Game Loss, 3 warnings = DQ). A smasher who is four (4) minutes late will be issued an automatic loss for game one. A smasher who is seven (7) minutes late will be issued a disqualification (DQ) (I/we will be EXTREMELY strict on this, WE WILL DQ you out of a tournament if you are late)

= Stupid Fastliketree Rule: Throwing round robin (pool) matches may be grounds for disqualification. (Failure to comply would mean you are placed last in your pool and will not advance to brackets in that event)

= Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may NOT pause your game unless your opponent allows it. (Your reason for pausing MUST be of absolute quality, no pausing for stupid reasons)

= NO ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES, PERIOD.

= NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, PERIOD.

= Smoking is allowed... but only in your vehicle. If you are caught smoking anywhere on the premises but in your vehicle, you will be warned and consistant warnings to players will be subject to disqualification from the event and will be asked to leave.

Cancellation Terms

We will most likely cancel IF:

= A major snow storm dumps 12"+ in Indianapolis 2 days prior to the event (ATM: Forecasted 1-2" this weekend)
= A major snow storm is forecast for this date (ATM: Not forecasted)
= An ice storm drops more than 1/4" of ice 4 days prior to the event (ATM: Not forecasted)
= An ice storm is forecast for this date (ATM: Not forecasted)
= Any other reason that Vamp sees fit to cancel (his venue, his call)

Although I am not too familiar with the central Indiana weather, this area does get it's fair share of snow. (not as much as northern Indiana though, were I am more used to the weather in winter)

Attendance List

TheBlueBlade (IN)
Vamp (IN)
Count (IN)
XeroXen (IN)
Ducky (IN)
Lou (OH)
Calebyte (IN)
Th3 Master Composer (IN)
Recycle
Lou (MI)
Icyo (IN)
Joemama (IN)
IkeKillsAll (IN)
B_AWAL (FL)
Ripple (IL)
Chewy (IL)
Oranos (IL)
Excel
Zozefup? (IL)
Rob Gambino? (IL)
Quik? (IL)
Arty? (IL)
Hilt? (KY)
Crash? (KY)
Xisin? (KY)
LoZ? (IN)
Airgemini? (IN)
clowsui? (OH)
ook? (IL)
Trip? (IN)
Milk? (MO)
YBM? (OH)
Infern? (OH)
Smash64? (OH)
Spectrum? (IN)
DLA? (IL)
Renegade!

CONFIRMED PLAYERS = 18
CONFIRMED BUT ALSO A MAYBE = 1
POSSIBLE (MAYBES) PLAYERS = 18
TOTAL PLAYERS = 37

ook

Smash Lord
I'll probably come to this :)

I like that stage list!

Edit: but... there's 6 neutrals, and it's stage strike, is that a mistake?

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Yeah, I should be here.

TBB, do you think some of us Huntington guys could ride with you to Vamp's place? It'd probably just be Me, Ducky, and Trip if he wants to go. (Housing would also be cool if your place isn't too cramped Friday night, but we can always ride up there in the morning)

Errr Side Notes about my house: We have a cat, he is a very vicious cat when theres people he doesnt know in the house, i should have him taken care of so there shouldnt be a problem, but if you seem him in the house lemme know, cuz hes not afraid to bite/slash people

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Errr Side Notes about my house: We have a cat, he is a very vicious cat when theres people he doesnt know in the house, i should have him taken care of so there shouldnt be a problem, but if you seem him in the house lemme know, cuz hes not afraid to bite/slash people
I have experience with this XD

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Well... we could always bring my bag.

That cat is pretty vicious though!

Recycle

Smash Rookie
Put me down as a definite attender. I may or may not be able to bring a setup, ask me a bit closer to the tournament date.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Any chance this can be moved to 12/12?

LoLiS last event is on 12/19, and finals are preventing a date change on that. Since this is a house tournament, I assume there are no venue problems with changing the date, not sure about TO issues.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
heyy

Louisville should be here, hopefully. I'll talk to the rest of us later about it. Kakuna Matata will be on the weekend before this, you all should try to make it as well :D

If you end up switching to the 12th for the sake of lolis, we can trade dates, I suppose.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Well, probably not, 12/12 is the weekend before finals and I'd really like to spend that weekend studying. I'll talk to Vamp about it though.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
WTP, we won't change. I understand we are trying to do most of the circuit on non-LoLiS dates, but this is probably gonna be the one we can't. Holy House is on December 5th and like I said, study weekend during the 12th, so the 19th is the only available date. I apologize to you and Michigan, we'll be sure to make the rest of the dates on non-LoLiS, which I think they already are.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
WTP, we won't change. I understand we are trying to do most of the circuit on non-LoLiS dates, but this is probably gonna be the one we can't. Holy House is on December 5th and like I said, study weekend during the 12th, so the 19th is the only available date. I apologize to you and Michigan, we'll be sure to make the rest of the dates on non-LoLiS, which I think they already are.
as WTP indicated, 12/19 is the last LoLiS date. There is only 1 more LoLiS. Consequently it's also the biggest Hype LoLiS.

Recycle

Smash Rookie
Are you picky about what TV's to bring? I could bring an ultra, ultra-tiny CRT that's of astoundingly low quality if you're desperate.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Well, I can't totally complain, I always brought a 16" to tournaments. But I honestly wouldn't go any smaller than that.

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys,

I've never been to a serious brawl tourney before, and I'd really like to get into it. I'm a student at ball state so I figured I would give this a shot. Anything I should know?

If I come I will be able to bring my entire setup.

Hope to see you all there!

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Hey guys,

I've never been to a serious brawl tourney before, and I'd really like to get into it. I'm a student at ball state so I figured I would give this a shot. Anything I should know?

If I come I will be able to bring my entire setup.

Hope to see you all there!
Wow! Another BSU student! *excitement* Calebyte and I are also students there. You should get together with us sometime.

Top Bottom