• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

M.A.S: "LEET CEREAL!!!" 01/02/10 Winthrop Harbor, IL (PRACTICE BEFORE P4 AND A.S.C)

Devildigimon

Smash Lord

Grrr...:mad: "May the fuel of my anger, intensify my urge to be victorious!!!"

What: MOST ANGRIEST SHINOBI (M.A.S): "LEET CEREAL!!!" (Practice before Pound 4 and Clash of Fighters: Angry Shinobi Circus) :mad:

WIN A BOX OF THIS:

AND BECOME THE STRONGEST SHINOBI EVER!!!

AND WE'RE GETTING SERIOUS!!!

When: January 2nd, 2010

Why: Grrrr...:mad: BECAUSE I SAID SO!!! IT'S ALSO BECAUSE NI9GAS NEED TO PRACTICE UP BEFORE DAT POUND 4 AND DAT OTHER SHINOBI TOURNEY I'M RUNNING IN FEBRUARY. YHAAA MING? SHOW UP OR ELSE!!! :mad:

Don't forget we are also welcoming the new year. :bee: (well...kinda lol)

Games played at this tournament: SSBB Doubles/Singles, SSBM Doubles/Singles, Brawl + Singles only, Soul Calibur 4, and Naruto Revolution 3. WE WILL BE RUNNING LOW TIER SSBB SINGLES AND DOUBLES (since a good handful of players requested it). Details for that coming soon. You guys are encouraged to discuss the potential rule set, before I make some final decisions.

What time does everything start? Casuals/Registration start at 10AM. First tournament(s) start at 11:30 - ish AM sharp (lol). NO EXCUSES! NO WAITING (I can't stress this enough)! NO PROBLEM (you guys read it here first)! See "TOURNAMENT TIME SCHEDULE" for more details.

Where:

J. Jireh's Coffe House (interesting name IMO ;) )

Address: 1704 7th Street Winthrop Harbor, IL 60096

METRA TRAIN INFORMATION!!!

Chicago Guys/Surrounding Area folks (hopefully this saves on gas, stress, or both)...

For those who are willing to catch the train, there is a Metra Train that will drop you off within 3 blocks of the M.A.S tournament venue (J. Jireh's Coffee Shop). Link provided below:

http://metrarail.com/metra/en/home/maps_schedules/metra_system_map/up-n/station.WINTHROP.html

Here is the full schedule and time slots available:

http://metrarail.com/metra/en/home/maps_schedules/metra_system_map/up-n/schedule.full.html

* PLEASE NOTE: Remember that prices vary based on how far you are traveling. Be sure to arrive at your train stop 15 mins BEFORE your train is schedule to depart from that stop. When on board sit tight and a conductor will walk pass and collect your monies. Be sure to listen for your automated calling for your stop. Gotta be on the ball, because they stop and go at train stops QUICK. It's somewhat easy to skip when you were supposed to get off...and that would SUCK, if you missed your stop. :(
Venue Fee: $7

Other info: Okay so this place is like the reverse Screenz (where we ran the CoB series). And TRUST ME, that's a good thing! The upstairs of the venue is spacious - filled with lighting, windows, a promising mic stero system (and oh yes I tested it hehe), comfortable charis, and a great deal of walking space (depending how many people come to this lol). And the downstairs in a lil smaller but EXTREMELY cozy and comfortable (kinda has that "at home" feeling. That is where our smaller tournaments will be ran). To the east of the building/venue there is a parking lot dedicated for us. It should be able to hold 20 vehicles no problem. But if we need extra parking space, there is an aditional parking lot across the street that belongs to the venue. The venue is clean as HELL. Oh man it's so nice!!! :bee: And being that it is a cafe, many many mnay goodies will be available for sale. Sandwhiches, sodas, pizzas, chips, muffins, bagles, coffee, cappuccino, ice cream, shakes/malts and etc. all for your convenience to purchase at affordable prices (I mean this is WI afterall lmfao). Finally, there are two exceptional hotels about 5 minutes away (I'm sure rooms there are no more than $60 a night. I will post more info about the hotels asap). For folks 21+, there is a nice bar right next to the venue and a couple more in the area too. There's gas stations, pizza joints, a Subway , and other gift stores in the area too. This is a GREAT VENUE!!!

PLEASE NOTE:
* If you bring a full setup (t.v/system/game), THAT WE USE FOR A TOURNAMENT, you pay ABSOLUTELY ZERO venue fee. Full setups brought come on a "first come first served basis". So get there early and register your setup to get that discount.

Entry fee for tournament games:

- SSBB Doubles (Wii): $10 per team mate/$20 for team
- SSBB Singles (Wii): $10 (IT'S GOING TO BE SERIOUS BUSINESS FROM HERE ON OUT FOLKS!!! LEVEL UP, OR STAY HOME!!!)

* NOTE: SSBB Singles will have pools to determine who plays in the double elimination bracket. MORE INFO IS AVAILABLE BELOW IN THE "RULES FOR TOURNAMENT GAMES" SECTION.

- SSBM Doubles (Wii): $10 per team mate/$20 for team
- SSBM Singles (Wii): $10

* NOTE: SSBM Singles will have pools DEPENDING ON HOW MANY PEOPLE ENTER THE TOURNAMENT (and are interested). If pools are had, then the same "pools" related rules apply from SSBB.

- SSBB + (Wii): $5 (Rules and Scheduled time will be updated soon)
- Naruto Revolution 3 (Wii): $5 (GET THIS GAME. Join www.willvolution.com . And become part of the new Revolution in fighting games :) )
- Soul Calibur 4 (PS3): $5

IMPORTANT CHICAGO CIRCUT INFO:

I will be running the Rev 3 tournament and bringing a crew with me from Chicago to help support it.

This event will count towards the Circuit Points that I am doing for CoF. Basically January and February events at MAS will count for circuit points towards the CoF circuit. I will be giving Webster the fully updated list of players and points earn from the last event, so everyone knows where they stand and can earn points.

The March one will be back in Chicago, since it will be part of the MWC Circuit as well.

Hope to see you guys in a few weeks! ^_^
Tournament Time Scedule:

- 10AM sharp - Registration for ALL tournament games

PLEASE NOTE:
* You can either register for ANY GAME PLAYED AT THE TOURNAMENT at 10am or 25-30 mins before the tournament is scheduled to start.

- 11:30AM - SSBB Doubles Tournament starts

PLEASE NOTE:
* That we WILL RUN SSBB Singles Pools as soon as SSBB Doubles is finished. So there is NO SET TIME when SSBB Singles Pools will start. We guesstimate around 3:30pm (considering SSBB Doubles starts on time). After SSBB Singles Pools is over there will be a short 15 min break. And then the SSBB Double Elimination bracket will start.

- 1PM - Soul Calibur 4

- 1PM - Naruto Revolution 3

- 1PM - SSBM Doubles starts

- 6PM - SSBM Singles Pools starts (YES THIS IS THE "SET" TIME SCHEDULED TO START. After SSBM Singles Pools is over there will be a short 15 min break. And then the SSBM Double Elimination bracket will start. If SSBM Pools aren't had, then we'll just run the Double Elimination bracket first..)

Payouts for SSBB and SSBM (applied to Doubles and Singles):

PLEASE NOTE::
* WINNER OF THE SSBB AND SSBM SINGLES TOURNAMENTS WILL RECIEVE A BOX OF "LEET CEREAL!!!" AND POSSIBLY A MYSTERY POT BONUS!!! :bee:

- 1st: 60%, 2nd: 30%, 3rd: 10%

Payouts for all other fighting games:

- 1st: 70%, 2nd: 20%, 3rd: 10%

Rules For Tournament Games:

For all tournaments the "WTF LAIN RULE!" will strongly be enforced. Ask if you need details.

PLEASE NOTE:
* Tournament games will be held upstairs in the venue. Casual gaming (Rock band, other various fighitng games) will be held downstairs. NO, and I repeat, NO Money Matches (MMs)...are to be had during the tournament (unless I say otherwise). PLEASE! I want this tournament to flow as smoothly as possible. Do MMs before/after the tournament. If I call your name and you don't come, and I find out you were MMing you'll get disqualified and sent to losers/put out of the tournament if you were in losers.

You get 2 mins to report to your match (This will now be know as the "WTF Lain!!!" rule :) .

If you're money matching on a brawl setup, and it's needed for tournament, you'll be kicked off of that setup. No waiting til the end of match.

Hope everyone understands this. :mad: ... <3

* SSBB Singles

During Pools (this may apply to SSBM or ANY fighting game that has the "pool" feature):

Pools work like this:

You play vs. a selected (seeded) handfull of players in round robin. Whoever (could be more than one person, depending on how many advance outa pools) has the best record, advances to the double elimination bracket.

Less than 36 people play in pools = we'll have a 24 man bracket

More than 36 people play in pools = we'll have a 32 man bracket

During the Double Elimination bracket:

Format and Settings:
Double Elimination
3 Stocks, 8 minutes time
Damage Ratio 1.0
Best 2/3 Games
All Finals Best 3/5 Matches
Items set to "Off" and "None"

Starter Stage List:

*NOTE: IT IS UP TO YOU GUYS TO REMEMBER THE STAGE LIST. IT WILL MAKES THINGS RUN A LOT MORE SMOOTHER. I WILL HAVE A COPY OF THE STAGE LIST AVAILABLE IF NEEDED.

Neutral:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Smashville
Lylat

Counter Stage List:

Delfino Plaza
Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1 (Melee Version)
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

ANY STAGE THAT IS NOT MENTIONED ABOVE IS BANNED!!! :mad:

Set format:
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match

PLEASE NOTE:
* Double blind character selection may be called for the first match if needed. A T.O will come and keep track of what characters are used by players.

2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure. (Who starts will be decided by playing SHANKING FIST aka RPS). Then each player will alternate striking a stage until there is 1 left. That stage is played first round. THERE IS NO RANDOM UNLESS AGREED UPON.
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter pick of the set.
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List.
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches.

Additional Rules:
- Stalling is Banned!
- If you use any controller styles that use the wiimote you will be responsible for removing the batteries inbetween your matches. Failure to do so can result in a DQ.
- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by playing SHAKING FIST.
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
- If a game ends with Bowser's Suicide Claw or Ganon's Arial Choke Slam the player who performed the move wins!!!
- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

- Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. Also, deliberately avoiding any and all combat is stalling, where as jumping on and off the ledge doing an aerial at your opponent is simply spacing.

So with this said...

- King DeDeDe's/Any standing chain grab is banned.
- Marth's hold release infinite vs. Lucus/Ness is banned.
- You are ONLY allowed 50 planks (catch edge. release edge. repeat) a game.

Also...

Due to something that happened last month, I need to announce a rule clarification

If you are caught bringing a setup that modifies actual gameplay (texture hacks, and stage hacks do not modify gameplay, only appearance) you will be disqualified from the tourney you entered, and your setup will be taken down. This includes, but is not limited to "no-tripping" setups.

Like it or not, tripping it part of the game, and modifying setups for no-tripping is not to be used.

I'll also clarify, that if your music hacks, stage hacks, or texture hacks are obnoxious, or make playing the game difficult (hard to see, etc...) a T.O. may ask you to take them off your setup. So far we haven't had problems with this, but just letting that be known just in case.
This is now known as the the -

"YoshQ NOT SO STUPID RULE!" :bee:

* SSBM Singles/SSBM & SSBB Doubles

Double Elimination Tournament
4 Stock, 8 Mins Time
Damage Ratio 1.0
Best 2/3 Games
All Finals 3/5 Matches
Items are set to "Off" and "None"

Starter Stage List"

*NOTE: AGAIN, IT IS UP TO YOU GUYS TO REMEMBER THE STAGE LIST. IT WILL MAKES THINGS RUN A LOT MORE SMOOTHER. I WILL HAVE A COPY OF THE STAGE LIST AVAILABLE IF NEEDED.

Neutrals:

Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams* (Only allowed in SSBM Singles)
Pokémon Stadium
Battlefield
Dream Land (N64)
Final Destination

Counter Stage List:

Rainbow cruise
Brinstar
Mute City* (Only allowed in SSMB Singles)
Poke Floats
Corneria
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Kongo Jungle

ANY STAGE THAT IS NOT MENTIONED ABOVE IS BANNED!!! :mad:

Set format is pretty similar to SSBB, except for the following:

- Obviously anything that is STRICTLY SSBB related lol
-Controller Mods, Glitches (Ice Climbers Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
-Wobbling is NOT banned

For SSBB Doubles:

- Stock is set at 3 (and isn't allowed to use cool stages like Mute City, like Melee can :( )

For both SSBB and SSBM Doubles:

-Friendly Fire will be on in teams and general rules apply (don't forget the SSBM stage specifics)

* Soul Calibur 4

- Double Elimination Tournament
- 3/5 rounds
- Default time, handicap, and soul gauge
- 2/3 matches winners/losers - bracket
- 3/5 matches winners/losers/grand - finals (no exceptions)
- Custom Characters are banned. ALL other chaacters are legal.
- Button mapping allowed
- All game breaking glitches are banned
- First stage is always random (every stage will be allowed)
- Winner keeps character, loser may change character or stage BUT NEVER BOTH.

* Naruto Revolution 3

- Double Elimination
- 3/5 Rounds
- 2/3 matches winners/losers - bracket
- 3/5 matches winners/losers/grand - finals (no exceptions)
- Default Time
- Damage Setting 1
- Stage is always random, unless both players agree.
- Winner keeps character, loser may Stage or Character, but NEVER both.
- All control use options are allowed. If using Wiimote make sure to remove your batteries from Controller or you will be sent to losers/DQ'ed (if you were in losers) if it interferes with another TOURNAMENT Match.
- Latent Ninja Power ON
- Stage Transition Off
- Obstacles Off
- Hand signs are banned
- ANY GLITCH THAT CAUSES IRREGULAR PLAY IN UNIVERSAL SYSTEM MECHANICS IS BANNED:

- KABUTO VS. KURENAI (KABUTO'S b.A and d.X MOVES ARE BANNED AGAINST KURENAI. if you do this you will lose the ENTIRE MATCH)

- HIDAN'S X.u DURING BLOCKSTRING IS BANNED (if you do this you will forfeit that round)

* Low Tier Brawl Singles/Doubles

- Rules for Low Tier SSBB Singles/Doubles are exactly the same from both regular SSBB Singles/Doubles.

Except the only characters you are allowed to use, are from the D, E, and F tiers from the tier list.

That list is located here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236407

* MORE RULES FOR THE FOLLOWING GAMES COMING SOON:

- Brawl +

PLEASE EVERYONE, BRING FULL SET UPS FOR THE TOURNAMENT GAMES YOU WANT TO PLAY!!! POWER STRIPS WOULD BE NEEDED TOO...:mad:

YOU NO LONGER NEED TO BRING CHAIRS...LMFAO!!!

Thanks!!! This is going to be one hell of a tourney. :bee:

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Omfg Dat Cereal, Dat Clutch, Dat Epic Thundah!!!! :psycho:

THE EPIC 1st 5 POSTERS:

- HUNGER!!!
- KENNISPAMZ!!!
-SCYTHE!!!
- QUIK17!!!
- YOSHQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ!!!

OMFG IT'Z OVER *****EZZZZZ!!!!

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
EDIT: THERE IS DEFINITELY GOING TO BE A MYSTERY POT BONUS AT THIS TOURNAMENT!!! For BOTH SSBB AND SSBM SINGLES :)

It's a mystery! It could be ranged between $10 to $100. Who knows. Be there and find out.

Last tournament we gave away $70 extra for SSBB Singles, ON TOP OF THE ENTRY FEE PRIZE MONEY ALREADY WON.

Good times to come. Also Venue fee waived for the first 5 posters in this thread, THAT ARE DEFINITELY COMING (not including my post)!!! :)

Please Note:
* Please bring a FULL SET UP still, if you happen to be one of the lucky first 5 posters. :bee: Wen need all the set ups we can get.

Quik17

Smash Ace
I'm definately coming!

Yay free venue fee, I love you Webster!!!!! ;)

Edit: Brawl Low tier doubles would be really cool

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Kenni: WEBSTER IS AN IDIOT!!! Technically u are right. :D

Quik: I do this for u all. :) Thanks though. Much appreciated.

EDIT:

YOSHQQQQQQQQQQQQQ WIT DAT CLUCH $7 SAVER!!!!

Whooooo what chu know about that son!!!!

NOW LETZ HYPE DISH SHHHHHIIIITTTZZZZZZ!!!!

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Hehe just making sure. Nice edit lol XD

Anyone team for brawl low tier 2v2? =3 (only if it's $5)

Speaking of which, how much $ will low tier be?

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
^even better. :o (@arty lol. Although I'd tap an items tourney if there's enough time :D)

Quik/arty team? :/

Quik17

Smash Ace
^even better. :o (@arty lol. Although I'd tap an items tourney if there's enough time :D)

Quik/arty team? :/
I'm probably gonna team with Arty again if we do really good this Saturday.

Edit: For normal doulbes that is...

Scythe

Smash Master
DLA team with my in Lowtier dubs!!! Falcon and Ganon!!!

Scythe

Smash Master
omg we're here at the same time lolololololol double post maybe

Scythe

Smash Master
Lol nevar! I have signature but I usually have it set as hidden.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
QUESTION: since zelda is low tier, would it be OK to start her but change to sheik midgame? =]

Still need low tier 2v2 partner

Edit. I have more posts than someone who's had an account for 5 years 8]

Arty

Smash Lord
Wait Zelda is low tier... WTF? Since when

Edit: I just saw the tier list... I say we include C Tier down to F Tier

Scythe

Smash Master
Lol it should only be E and F tiers. Zelda , Bowser and Ike would just dominate.

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
Is this the 3rd which is Sunday? Or is it the 2nd which is the Saturday? I'll be here if it is the Saturday, probably not if it is Sunday...

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
I WANT TO MENTION THAT THERE HAVE BEEN UPDATES TO THE MENU AT THE CAFE. THINGS U MAY NOT RECOGNIZE ARE NEW AND HAVE BEEN ADDED:

Vegetable Soup
Turkey Rice Soup
Nachos
Hamburgers
Chili
Hot Dogs/Chili Hot Dogs
Chili Cheese Nachos
Curly Fries(seasosned)/Cheesy Curly Fries(Seasoned)
Pizza

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Gahahahahahahaha

Man I am the ABSOLUTE WORST AT SCHEDULING ANYTHING!!! Thanks JJR for the correction.

GUYS THE REAL TOURNAMENT DATE FOR THIS TOURNAMENT IS JANUARY 2ND, 2010

Landry

Smash Ace
Ugh, can't make it... I'm pretty sure I'm out of town for vacation stuff that day. Bummer.

Top Bottom