• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pause & Play First Tourney [Asheboro, NC] Jan. 2

Jmatthewh

Smash Apprentice
Alright, here is the info:

We are starting on time, please call if you are going to show up late.

Rules for all events:-
If you are late and you want to stay in the bracket you will have to pay a $2 fee (which will be put in the pot) to stay in the bracket. More then 45 minutes late and you may be disqualified (or given a loss) even if you have payed the fee.

-All semi-final and final matches will be recorded.

-Pausing without warning or acceptance from the opponents will result in the loss of that game.

Asheboro, NC 27203
Randolph Mall. Pause & Play is three stores in, on the left side, from the main entrance. (Books-a-Million entrance)

Contact info:
-Here is my number: (336) 953-6741. Call me if you have any questions, are lost, or are going to show up late.

Pricing/Prize:
$5 door fee - Will be charged for each day. As in if you paid on Sat. you still have to pay on Sun.
Melee singles: $5
Brawl+ singles: $5
Melee doubles: $10 per team
Brawl+ doubles: $10 per team

Pot split for all events will be 60/30/10

Schedule:
Saturday, Jan. 2nd
10:00 Registration opens
1:00 Melee doubles starts
3:00 Food break
4:00 Melee singles starts
6:00 Brawl+ doubles starts
8:00 Brawl+ singles starts

Time can be adjusted depending on how many people show up, and how fast things get done. After Brawl+ ends people may stay as late as they like and we will have housing for everyone that needs it. There will be some tv's running all night. It is advised to bring any necessary sleeping equipment, as there will not be any beds available. I will have Mountain Dew and water for sale at any point during the event.

Melee Rules:

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List

Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpicks:
- Pokefloats
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Mute City
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Green Greens
- Corneria

Banned:
everything else

Brawl+ Rules:

* We will be using the latest Build
* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage will be determined through stage striking from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned
* Japanese Ledge Rule is in effect. More than 50 ledge grabs and you lose the match.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Neutral:
Pokemon Stadium 2 (Frozen)
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat
Wario Ware (Frozen)

Couterpicks:
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Pictochat

Banned:
everything else

1 Stage ban per person
4 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
---------------------------------------------

We need setups as always. Please post if you plan to bring anything and post what you plan on bringing so we can organize ahead of time.

Setups:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
What do the "1/2" and "1/3" above the schedule mean?

I feel like NCSU is doing something this weekend too, but it's none of my concern.

I'm interested in this. Looks good man.

Jmatthewh

Smash Apprentice
Ah, they were the dates. Fixed!

Ack! I was told nothing was going on this weekend. Do you think I should change the date?

Thanks man! If you're interested, that means other people will come as well. You're a Smash magnet.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Just wait until someone posts about it. Jon or Keith or CT, one of them will probably let you know if there is a conflict, and you guys can work it out.

Honestly, we're booked from the 23rd through Pound 4 with tournaments of some form(at least now for sure). I don't think, the way your thing is set up, that there will be big issues though.

Haha it's not me going, it's NC. I'm just the first person to get here. =p

NCPopo

Smash Rookie
I've been bugging JMatt to hold a tourney for months, but he kept having john after john. I haven't been able to make it out to the bi-weeklies and such because work johns suck. Gotta make that money, though.

If all this works out, I look forward to gettin some friendlies in with ya, PP. My Ganon's itching to get some super pro experience. :p

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Scheduling ours for the 9th (so far). No conflict.

Under the impression that since CT and I are notoriously lazy that Jon? will have take up the bat as primary TO for this one. As usual, I generally just reserve the venue and equipment lol. Speaking of which, I should probably get around to doing that.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
I meant as far updating the thread, running TiO and keeping track of cash. Wait, that's pretty much all there is to it. Lol.

EDIT: I might actually make it to this. Haven't decided. Probably if I can get some NCSU people to come with so I can split gas.

EDITEDIT: Lol, I just realized that I will not have played any Smash at all in about a month in a half by the time I go to this tourney. Epic lolfails incoming. Probably just going to show up for B+, just because I probably won't even remember how to L-cancel by then x_x.

lord karn

Smash Master
I should be at this as long as I'm back from the Caribbean in time. @_@

Also, B+ probably won't be big enough as it's own day, probably should be a side tourney on saturday.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
JMH, did I ever get around to playing you at drunken billfest?

I was drunk, so I don't really remember very specific things. But I don't think I played you at all. lol.

WE WERE SUPPOSED TO SAMUS DITTO.

Holy **** my brain.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
I might come to this. Kevin, are you going? I'd need a ride... (and count Eddie in with me). ;) Or Cam, if you're still in Greensboro by this, we should get a road trip going with all of us.

Adam, at our next tourney we should team, whenever that may be

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You're gay for taking Adam. =p I never get to team with him.....

I'm pretty sure I'll be at this. Twitch will be teaming with me. I can probably pick you and Eddie up too(do you guys think you could meet in one place for an easier pick up?).

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
I've been trying to team with Adam since a Billfest like, last year. We'd ****.

If you pick us up, we'll meet in one place like usual. I appreciate it. If Cam wants to drive to this then we'd probably just go with him, but don't count us out until we know fasho.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
No duh you guys would **** lol. Making it a frequent thing would make me very =( though.

Alright, just lemme know. I'd like to get some advance notice so I can see who else I could pick up on the way otherwise.

lord karn

Smash Master
I'd like to point out again that if B+ is on it's own day, no one will probably show up. I'd come for just B+, but I don't think the community for it is strong enough yet for it to get its own day. I personally think that starting Brawl before melee is over is the best idea. This is what I was going to do if I hosted at my dad's house. The people who enter each tournament are separate enough, that not too many people would be affected heavily from having to play both games. Then run B+ later after Melee and Brawl are about to finish. The only weakness of this method is it requires that you have sufficient TVs to support both games at the same time. I'm assuming you guys have some tvs at the lan center. Either way, I can bring 2-3 tvs with me.

Also, if Greensboro is on the way, I can pick you guys up if you help with gas$. My cruise is supposed to finish on the 1st, so I have to make sure I'm back in NC in time to come to this. @_@

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I thought this was Melee and Brawl+ only, karn. No Brawl. Running only Melee and B+ after should work out just fine if we all cooperate like good NC smashers

lord karn

Smash Master
OH! @_@ For some reason I thought we were doing all three. Yeah, we definitely don't need three days, then.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
JMH, I suggest making this a one day tourney and have it start at 1PM rather than 2PM. Plus, if you need we can all help to make sure things run smooth enough so both can fit in one day. We've done this plenty of times in one day with all types of venues and varying amounts of people. Also, how many set-ups will you need/have? I may be able to help bring one, but no promises.

Top Bottom