• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doc presents: Pownz December Decimation Results, Hamilton, ON - Dec 19th

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Singles results

1: Doc :metaknight:/:diddy: $126.00

2: kingace :metaknight: $63.00

3: fool :falco: $21.00

4: tinman :olimar:/:rob:

5: Hype :metaknight:

5: Nickcam :dk2:

7: Culex :falcon:

7: Phiddlestix :bowser2:

9: Raidos :popo:

9: iliad :falco:/:marth:

9: Pyro :diddy:

9: Sauc3 :popo:/:metaknight:/:kirby2:

13: Incest :metaknight:

13: jasuke :falcon:/:popo:/:fox:

13: Deckard :gw:

13: AvariceX :ness2:

17: sheep :rob:

17: Dimmy :metaknight:

17: Splontot :lucas:/:pit:

Doubles results.

1: Kingace + Hype ( :metaknight: + :metaknight: ) $72.00

2: Doc + Nickcam ( :metaknight: + :wario: ) $36.00

3: Tinman + Dimmy ( :rob: + :metaknight: ) $12.00

Bracket/shoutouts coming tomorrow, please delete the other thread it's useless.

Find all videos here --> http://www.justin.tv/pownzgaming/all

sauc3

Smash Lord
good ****, few corrections/updates,

deckard played pit mostly, a bit of lucas
incest actually played mk, and only mk i believe
i played kirby in doubles, and mk for my first two bracket matches (i hate it but its how i got my wins), so put me as either ics/kirby/mk (preferably this) or just ics/mk
sheep plays rob

I may do full shoutouts later

EDIT: I can't make it through 20 seconds of any of the videos, the video player keeps saying "trial" over and over, I tried logging in and updating flash but its not helping and leading me to believe its just a part of the video file, anyone else getting this problem?

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Good stuff Doc and Ace, I watched a few tourney matches but sadly I had to mute the thing cause I could't stand that trial bull****. So I kinda missed the commentary :/
Well anywho good stuff to you two and also good job Tinman, you placed pretty high.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Thanks Marc, and yeah... When I heard that trial thing at first I was like **** MY COMPUTER IS GOING CRAZY, but... Seems like a trend, a really whack one haha.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Trial was the audio program converting the microphone and realtek into a virtual cable. We thought

TRIAL

that we had the full version of the program installed, however it wasnt

TRIAL

installed until later when we realized the program was

TRIAL

repeating "trial" over and over again. So grand finals doesn't

TRIAL

have the trial nonsense, and neither does fool vs kingace i believe.

Also. For my sexy voice, you can put up with it dude. lol

*Edit* Dock, you messed up the users for Deckard and Splontot. Splontot uses Lucas / Pit. Deckard used G&W through the whole tourney as I understand it.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I think we can safely assume Tin Man has a better Olimar than Llumys.

East Coast>West Coast. That is all.

Iliad

Smash Lord
1: Doc - Good **** as always. Too ****ing good at reading, and daaaamn you're the cockiest son of a ***** in the scene.

2: KingAce - I have no doubts you'll take another tourney sometime soon. Doc isn't invincible, and you're not done improving yet. Way to **** me up against fool eh? Sitting behind us and telling me you're gonna give fool advice, wtf Phil. lol.

3: Fool - I hate you so much. I can beat people you can't beat. I can beat people you lose to. But I can never ****ing beat YOU. WHY?! WHY GO****IT?! GGs again. Maybe at Gi's i'll actually win a ****ing set for once. Lol @ "I told Mikey I was gonna go Iliad on him, and i ****ed him up" i nearly cried laughing. You and nickcam with the banter while I was trying to practice for doubles ruined me, and I don't know whether I should hate you or love you.

4: Tinman - Good ****ing **** beating hype and taking 5th. :D. You've definitely improved, I wasn't expecting you to beat half the people you did, definitely made an impression on the scene and after your performance against hype, no doubts you're top dog for Oli. Don't feel bad that you lost to fool. joe used to main olimar too.

5: Hype - You lost to tinman lololololololololol. ****ING AMAZING SET WITH DOC. You are honestly the only MK i can stand to watch in the ditto and outside. You were reading every move doc made and you had an answer for it. Those matches possessed so much intelligence between you both, def the highlight of the night for me.

5: Nickcam - "KingAce, KingAce... Lookin for his knife... I think in the middle in the match there might be a little bit of stabbin' goin on, but don't worry. Don't worry." ****ing too good... Taunt PR #1 for sure.

7: Culex - CAPTAIN (FALCON!) CAPTAIN (FALCON!). Tinman got tha bidness on Delfino. And nickcam nearly got tha bidness each match of the set. You ****ing scare me bro. Also, I shoulda gimped you. LOL.

7: Phiddlestix - Our match was my favourite match that I played this tourney. Crazy *** **** between the both of us. But in the end... MOTHA ****IN TIPS SON. Geoff you're a pimp. And I think Avarice is going to watch our matches from now on.

9: Raidos - You're sexy, dun worri itz all gun b k. Scarborough. Take 5th again. **** some **** up. I BELIEVE IN HARVEY DENT MIKE NGUYEN!

9: Iliad - lol falcon dittos. Way to not beat fool for like, the fifth time. What are you? 0-5 in that setcount now?

9: Pyro - Well done bro, finally into single digit placing. Good ****, keep up the training, even doc remarked that your diddy is getting to be **** good.

9: Sauc3 - Lol melee has ruined you. Good **** vs Doc. You started to catch on to his uair -> nado tactics on your nana but it was just a little too late. I thought you had game 2 for sure.

13: Incest - Your MK made me and sauc3 cry. I mean. Wtf bro. COME BACK TO MORE TOURNEYS WHILE YOU'RE HERE! CHILEEEAAN M2KKKKK

13: jasuke - Falcon dittos. Side B. You thought the car would be there. 'Nuff said. xD

13: Deckard - Well, you're not last Deck. So be happy. :D

13: AvariceX - NESS! YESS! DON'T BE GAY AND PLAY SNAKE OR MK. NESSSSS

17: sheep - **** you've REALLY improved bro, can't wait to play you again. Good to see you at tournament as always.

17: Dimmy - It seems you've caught on to me. Either that, or you know to just let me kill myself with SDs. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Dun worri, at No Waahs, you'll get the tips.

17: Splontot - You're attractive. <3

RXS.POWNZ

Smash Rookie
Hey why don't I get a shout out. I hate you illiad.

Actually.. I still <3 you inside Illiad...lol

TRIAL.

Doc: stealing your results format for next time :) I will smack pyro tonight and tell him to post brackets.

Llumys

Smash Champion
Good job, Tin Man.

Now all we need to do is prove ourselves to be consistent and we'll have some competition. Can we agree on that?

Though I don't think you can say either of us is better anymore.

I would like to see some footage of Tin Man playing so we can compare actual gameplay.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Llumys, Tin Man placed better than you in a more competitive and skilled region.

As for now, he has a better Olimar.

As for consistency, we'll see how that goes.

Llumys

Smash Champion
First of all, I only use Olimar in tournaments. :p Secondly, he placing was one spot above my own, and your statement is terribly biased.

As I just mentioned, I'd like to see some footage of him playing. I can supply some of myself.

.Marik

is a social misfit
It's not biased.

We have a much larger community filled with more notable top players who place regularly and even attend OoS tournaments.

It's a proven fact East Coast is much harder to place in, debating with me is futile.

But as I said, we'll see.

Llumys

Smash Champion
All Canadian tournaments are OoS. ;O

I'm fine with "we'll see", just not "Tin Man is better for now".

I asked Minus to play Tin Man while he's home.

.Marik

is a social misfit
But Minus is probably a much better player overall, though.

I didn't really mean OoS... just that I had nothing else better to call it.

Llumys

Smash Champion
I watched his matches vs. Fool and I'm definitely not impressed.

He was rolling, not correctly reading and applying his line, dash attacking. Not to mention he didn't know how to deal with Falco's chain-grab, especially after the Olimar boards finished discussing the match-up.

I'll try to get some real videos of myself playing soon, but this is all I have at the moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCpQagBklDc

It's a round in an online joke ladder, against a bad match-up. It's not exactly serious. xD

Also, Tin Man placed 4th out of ~20. I placed 5th out of ~40. ;O

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I'm still confused on why this is "who's the best Olimar" crap is still an issue. Your stupid argument is one of the main reasons that "the best brawl mains in canada or w/e" thread got closed. Don't try to bring it here. Seriously... Shut the hell up.

Once again, Good **** Tin Man and everyone else who placed.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Also, Tin Man placed 4th out of ~20. I placed 5th out of ~40. ;O
Please note Fool has a really good Falco.

Really? 5th out of 40 isn't bad at all.

I don't know how you'd fare against our players in an East Coast tournament, though.

As for now, you've convinced me that the Olimar spot is best left open for debate.

SRTM

Smash Ace
Yea Fool has a killer falco, but i hate it with a passion. lol.

Good stuff tinman. Doc, stop being so good, ima have to show you my diddy skillz sometime.
I'll get competitive again sometime.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Hype is one of the best Meta Knights in Canada, Tin Man won fair and square.

Hype is a formidable opponent that understands his character extremely well, beating him was no easy task.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Ban double MK in teams and make the prize pool 60/30/10
Would you shut up Tin man, double mk is beatable what don't you get?

Ban ZSS and GnW + snake / MK + double ICS and maybe I'll agree to it.
:laugh: double mk is broken

If we get more then 50 ppl, pownz should add that money to the pot and then pay out the top 6 :bee:

I need support for this, who else like that idea?
nonononononononononononononononoonononononononononononononono....

You won't get top 6 anyways why are you requesting this?
:laugh:

I'm so wishing more ppl came to this and it payed out top 6

nah but doc Ur a cool guy, thanks A LOT for playing me online before the tourney, full shout out later bro ;)

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Lol, IIRC, "The binder" is Hype's collection of information based on various character matchups, information from various character boards, and info on some players.

.Marik

is a social misfit
So once again, Hype understands matchups and how Meta Knight works. Extensively.

GG.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
A secret ICs & Bowser team is gonna win doubles next time, guaranteed.

And hopefully more good people from the scene come out and play, so we dont have falcons and Ganons placing so high at tourneys. =D

Who's ever wii fool&Culex were playing those dittos on, itd be dope if you could upload some, it was recorded. Especially the first one.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
A whole page of olimar arguements, sigh...

Tinman sorry about those prehype posts, I was trolling, but yeah... Proved me wrong.

Llumys... What you have to understand is Tinman beating Hype is the equivalent to you beating superboom, not to mention he 2 stocked him twice in the bracket set.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Hype clearly didnt know the matchup. Why? Because he forgot his binder thats why. Legit Johns lol.

.Marik

is a social misfit
A whole page of olimar arguements, sigh...

Tinman sorry about those prehype posts, I was trolling, but yeah... Proved me wrong.

Llumys... What you have to understand is Tinman beating Hype is the equivalent to you beating superboom, not to mention he 2 stocked him twice in the bracket set.
Agreed.

Hype clearly didnt know the matchup. Why? Because he forgot his binder thats why. Legit Johns lol.
I suppose so. :yoshi:

Although a Meta Knight of Hype's caliber really shouldn't be struggling against Olimar.

Top Bottom