• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
Hey Everyone

Hoorah 1st post

Just want to say thanks to Mike and crew for taking the time to set up and organize all the rules.

I need to start a group to be able to book rooms at the UofA and I should have that done by early January. Once that's done I can book a room (for free!) and we can have our next monthly. I was wondering what day would work best for everyone in January? We could likely do the 16th, 23rd, or 30th. If we can figure this out ahead of time I can book the room as soon as the group is formed to give as much notice as possible to everyone.

Also I need a few more people to be able to reach the minimum # of ppl needed to start the group. If anyone is willing to join (you don't actually have to do anything besides show up to at least 2 monthlies every year basically) then PM me your e-mail, phone number, and full name please. U of A students are preferred but it's ok if you're not.

T-block

B2B TST
Well....there you go. Hopefully everything works out and we can keep these monthlies going. Let's keep 'em fun and drama-free, k? So yeah, let's get talking about the date so we can get these started ;D

Setups. I'm saying it again because it's that important. Bring 'em if you can - I'll love you for it. I really don't want to have to deal with only having two TVs again, and everyone has more fun when they get to play more, so get those setups in ;D

Lastly, there's no doubt there will be some of you that question some of these rules... particularly the stages allowed. I want to experiment with some of the more radical stages that I believe should be allowed. This list tries to let stages be legal until they are shown to be unfair or broken. I'll try my best to watch any matches being played on the more controversial stages, and if there's a stage that you feel is unfair, the fastest way to get it banned is to exploit it yourself to show that it is broken. If you don't feel you can do that, then still bring it up in this thread in an intelligent fashion. I promise I'll read it and we'll get some discussion going. Keep in mind, though, that I PM'd a draft of this ruleset to 5 other people to get their opinion before posting this, and only a couple of changes saw any significant opposition, namely the legalization of Yoshi's Island (Pipes) and Hanenbow in doubles.

So, I guess I'll invite everyone to post their thoughts on these two stages (Yoshi's Island and Hanenbow) if you have an opinion. Unless a very compelling argument comes up though, you can expect to have these legal for at least the first monthly.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
oshioshioshi.

So you're actually going to make the club/group thing? You guys should include melee as well, not a melee tourney, but just so we have a place to smash as well =)

And you'd get the interest of Carl, Myself, Tyson, Matt, Sid, Sam, David and a bunch of other people I probably forgot. O:

T-block

B2B TST
We won't be functioning as a club though... basically we're only making the club and doing whatever is necessary so that we can rent the room. If you guys join I'm sure we could make something work though.

Limeee

Smash Champion
melee friendlies would be cool...

hoorah for new monthlies!

EDIT: took hate out

EDIT2: if you are reading this, you are the biggest lurk ever

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Are you saying I look like a jerk D:<

Don't worry Jamie, it's only Calgary. You'll be safe.

Anyways, that would be cool Mike. Carl and I were planning on making something like that for next year but its nice that you're already making it.

Limeee

Smash Champion
k i edited the hate out

also lol at the best of 9 rock paper scissors rule

EDIT: also for setup put my name before mikes, because it is my TV, and we share ownership of the wii

just for the lols, as always

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Im confirming a Wii, maybe a TV as well. Im also removing all Texture hacks minus textures for the "other" costumes (the ones that arent team colors or original color), all stage textures (except Moon BF, which is the exact same BF but with a better background, and Lava Reef zone instead of Norfair), my Wii will generally inculde all song and replay hacks, that way, no one can ***** *stares at Colin >_>*

Luke, were you bothering one of my friends btw?

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Btw, merry Xmas everyone, Id like to take this chance and give you my present to you.

The gift of you knowing you cant beat me at Rock Paper Scissors, Im to good

Hype :093:

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I suck at RPS. I always lose......

Anyways, so is that stage list final? I'm just curious.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Omg....I just saw a Marth texture....and he doesnt have a cape....they finally figured out how to get rid of it.

Halbred as a starter, F ya

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Im confirming a Wii, maybe a TV as well. Im also removing all Texture hacks minus textures for the "other" costumes (the ones that arent team colors or original color), all stage textures (except Moon BF, which is the exact same BF but with a better background, and Lava Reef zone instead of Norfair), my Wii will generally inculde all song and replay hacks, that way, no one can ***** *stares at Colin >_>*

Luke, were you bothering one of my friends btw?
By bothering do you mean asking why he hasn't posted since his 2005 join date? If so, then yes.

Limeee

Smash Champion
accepting best of 9 RPS MM's $5

i just got a ton of money from christmas lol, 200 of it is going into pay for lime to lose against everybody fund

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Hey Mark, can you email me the Beltmonth Texture, I cant download it at all @_@ (its gonna be Black Marth)

Btw, all team and original costumes (save Lord Ike as original Ike, but its Ike, only I care) have been reverted, and stages for the most part are back to normal, BF, SV, Norfair are the only staes I have hacked (and nothing on the actual stage colors are changed), so in other words, I have the un*****able Wii.

Get ***** h8ters

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
noooooooooooooooooooooooo not black marth! i love black marth!!!! wait wat is this texture? if it's really cool i may not mind him being switched

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Leave Amaterasu Wolf on Red seeing as I am the only one who uses Wolf (and when I play that is the only texture I use for Wolf).

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Colin, as annoyed as I was with himripping my SD card out mid-game, raises a good point, team colors, even my perfectly arranged color set-up, should not be used for tournaments. the other colors are not care areas though, so ill give you white Wolf

Frio

Smash Champion
I took out all my textres just because they're rly annoying to deal with in tourney. I think everyone should do the same. Music change is cool though

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
I agree, but in a 1v1, its not huge, and Ill stil have plenty of normal costumes to choose from, I honestly think the texture hate you guys give is to much, your acting like it breaks the game

T-block

B2B TST
Merry Christmas guys ^^

I think it's better to leave the majority of the costumes untouched. I'm sure no one will mind the occasional texture as long as it's not too distracting though. But it's your Wii, so I'll leave it up to the owner of the Wii - there'll be someone who's willing to play on it I'm sure.

Stage list is not final... things might be added, things might be taken off. The general approach is to let it be legal until it's shown to be broken. You guys will have to bear with it for the first couple while I experiment =P But honestly, I wouldn't put any stage on that I actually think is banworthy. Personally, I think the most banworthy stage in that list is Pirate Ship >_> If anyone has an issue with any of the rules, feel free to bring it up here. Just don't make uneducated statements please...they're a waste of everyone's time.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
oh ye i remember that texture hack, ye that one is cool zero, i don't mind playing on that for black marth

merry christmas everyone!

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Ya Mike, thats all I mean, the occasional costume (some charactrs, like your PT I left untouched, due to your preference). All my textures are essentially one vs one, and nothing crazy altering, most people use the team/original colors anyway, so its not a huge issue.

Merry Xmas guys =D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom