• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
as long as that contraction was for "it was".

now i'm just so tired of hearing it. and hearing remixes of it.

though, kimbra's ***... that i don't think i'll get tired of.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I've never really gotten how exposure can make a song bad.

Unless your trucker hat is on too tight. I know how those little adjustable peg-bands can be frustrating.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Mewtwo was bad, yeah, but I don't think he'll need to be rebuilt from the ground up. He needs Bowser-esque changes. Not in the sense of giving him armored moves and more power and reach, but that he needs to keep his same style while building on it immensely. Make him that mindgamey, weird moving character that would have worked in melee if it hadn't been all he had going for him.
No, he needs to be entirely remade. First things first, give him an appropriate weight for his size. Floaty is not supposed to mean "light". A couple more specials wouldn't be bad either. Confusion and Disable would be bad moves even if they worked better. Give him some stronger moves that are more fitting of a legendary and have more practical use during actual matches. Shadow Ball and Teleport are alright. His tilts are fine, but he could use better smashes than generic burts of darkness in whichever direction he waves his hands. He should either run faster or have enough control with Teleport that it could literally be his main mode of traveling. His tilts and aerials work as combo moves, but his new smashes and specials should all be much stronger to be used as kill moves.

Steam

Smash Hero
Lucario seems so cool and fun at first and then just makes me sad... he's so flowcharty it's gross. I also want to kill myself every time I see him upsmash or nair.

but his new downb gives me erections. I love that change.

and aura in general is cool.

really the only thing I hate about him is the OHC and that some of his animations were changed to more cliche, generic things. I know some people love the OHC, just disappointed that it was implemented on the character I was looking forward to the most : <

oh well I can still faceroll with ganon and do good. yay ganon.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
They aren't ****ing clones! :mad:

you see that simile next to the sentance you quoted?

means i wasn't being serious

you've been trolled even thougth i was being obvious about it lol

EDIT:

No, he needs to be entirely remade. First things first, give him an appropriate weight for his size. Floaty is not supposed to mean "light". A couple more specials wouldn't be bad either. Confusion and Disable would be bad moves even if they worked better. Give him some stronger moves that are more fitting of a legendary and have more practical use during actual matches. Shadow Ball and Teleport are alright. His tilts are fine, but he could use better smashes than generic burts of darkness in whichever direction he waves his hands. He should either run faster or have enough control with Teleport that it could literally be his main mode of traveling. His tilts and aerials work as combo moves, but his new smashes and specials should all be much stronger to be used as kill moves.
'sup HDT? i seem to remember us discussing mewtwo stuff @ the last Mass Madness while we were playing Mewtwo vs Ganon lol. i had forgotten to mention his weight, that's one of the reasons he'd still suck in brawl. no reason something nearly bowser's size should be as light as peach. an extended grab range and better air attacks are on my wish list too. besides that we're in agreement.

:phone:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I'm not saying that completely remaking him wouldn't work. But it's unnecessary when there's already a basis for his playstyle. His melee style has potential, it just wasn't implemented well. Too easy to stall with, but too hard to get kills with. You're right about his weight being too off. I could take or leave an improved disable, but confusion did have applications (like its glitch with pulling people through stages, very confusing indeed) and could be improved to reflect projectiles properly. As for his smashes, you would feel less strongly about them if they had cooler SFX, I guarantee it (but they also need some hitbox/knockback adjustments). I already suggested adding to his teleporting mobility via giving him the ability to AD out of it (into a WD or WL).
And that's not a complete rework. Lucario is a complete rework, this would be more like changes made to Bowser- big ones, but loyal to his style.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
how about giving a freaking legendary pokemon two new powerful specials that fit the character instead of giving him back two weak as heck moves that don't fit the character? lol

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
If we were loyal to Red/Blue, Mewtwo could know the following moves

Confusion
Disable
Swift
Barrier
Psychic
Recover
Mist
Amnesia

If he knew Recover, would it act similarly to rest?

Ecks

Smash Lord
@Shadow Huan. Fair enough. Side-b should star KO, down-b should break shields and up-b should be cancelable with air dodge (even aerial version) and attacks. Better? :awesome:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
how about giving a freaking legendary pokemon two new powerful specials that fit the character instead of giving him back two weak as heck moves that don't fit the character? lol

How about we also give him easy OHKOs, the fastest air/ground speed/mobility, infinite recovery, and psychic super armor on all his animations.
Because, ya'know, he's a legendary, and that alone justifies whatever we want apparently.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
@Shadow Huan. Fair enough. Side-b should star KO, down-b should break shields and up-b should be cancelable with air dodge (even aerial version) and attacks. Better? :awesome:
not broken enough :awesome:

also i would say that psycic and barrier would've worked better than confusion and disable in melee.

as for a possible Project M Mewtwo, surely they would give him something potent but not broken. he should be stronger than charizard overall *shrugs*

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I get SO mad when that argument is brought, either just trolling or being serious.
If his trolling made you mad, then he's doing it right.
Either way, he put a ****in troll face next to his post... it wasn't an argument, mostly just an observation of your lack of observation lol.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
not broken enough :awesome:

also i would say that psycic and barrier would've worked better than confusion and disable in melee.

as for a possible Project M Mewtwo, surely they would give him something potent but not broken. he should be stronger than charizard overall *shrugs*

if hes not better than charizard...then damn XD

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
With range buffs/less cooldown on hit/more hitstun, Confusion could actually be a pretty good move. Hit with it and free combo time =p

jalued

Smash Lord
If we were loyal to Red/Blue, Mewtwo could know the following moves

Confusion Possible, Wasn't his sideB in melee this?
Disable in melee too
Swift would be a nice graphical touch for his fthrow
Barrier too defensive, and his shield "could" be barrier. Maybe his shield could have a different animation
Psychic
Recover healing moves just make games defensive
Mist stat elliminator... no ideas
Amnesia would be cool if you could reverse the controls of the opponent for a second or 2. Might be too good though

If he knew Recover, would it act similarly to rest?
Responses in red.

Psystrike could be a really cool move, a fast dash forward like lucario but with a hitbox in the middle and some invincibility frames

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Well, it was a legitimate technique that could be avoided, and most characters could actually survive it. I would support it's return.
I meant that I didn't think that it was possible to code it that way, with dragging characters through the stage. But if I'm wrong, then by all means bring it back.
How about we also give him easy OHKOs, the fastest air/ground speed/mobility, infinite recovery, and psychic super armor on all his animations.
Because, ya'know, he's a legendary, and that alone justifies whatever we want apparently.
Ok.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Responses in red.

Psystrike could be a really cool move, a fast dash forward like lucario but with a hitbox in the middle and some invincibility frames
Down B was disable? I always assumed it was hypnosis or something.

Anyway, how about M2's grounded up b without special fall (and still being able to use aerial up b)? At high percents he could go after the opponent for a finisher or go off stage and stop recoveries.

Also, future sight, a move that suddenly hits the opponent with the force of a warlock punch at some point during the match. :troll:

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Down B was disable? I always assumed it was hypnosis or something.

Anyway, how about M2's grounded up b without special fall (and still being able to use aerial up b)? At high percents he could go after the opponent for a finisher or go off stage and stop recoveries.
a double teleport? very interesting. combined with his double jump it might be a bit much tho

while i'm commenting on that i should mention that teleport in melee takes EIGHT FRAMES to be invincible, which is pretty fricken' slow for a move where you travel at lightspeed lol. i've been hit out of the startup more times than i care to remember, by moves that should be slower than a move called "Teleport". :urg:

Also, future sight, a move that suddenly hit's the opponent with the force a warlock punch at some point during the match. :troll:
better yet, it should KO all the opponents on screen, at zero % :troll:

as for stuff in demo 2.1, major props to whoever is programming the AI. Fox took me completely offguard and beat me the first game i played agaisnt it. that sucker waveshine - upsmashed me lol. (yes i've been winning since then lol)

Skyloft is amazing

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
better yet, it should KO all the opponents on screen, at zero % :troll:
Even better, it should destroy all your opponents stocks, instantly end the game, play his victory taunt, then freeze there and brick the wii so the last character to ever win there would be Mewtwo.
Then he'll finally be balanced. :troll:

iLink

Smash Champion
Honestly, mewtwo's moveset wasn't really horribly, just needs some tweaks to how the attacks actually worked. Just improving how sideb worked and have it actually reflect stuff would make it loads better. Something like hitbox size and frame tweaks could make downb a whole lot better. Making it scramble your opponent's controls for a short period of time would be neat.

That and making him not as light as paper and giving him a not terrible spot dodge dodge help as well.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
u should just give him a new side B, leave his down b but fix it (make it timed). a new fair cuz his old one is pretty useless (one that gives him some sort of forward approaching ability)....disjoint on his bair...and maybe a faster dair...that should be good.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
u should just give him a new side B, leave his down b but fix it (make it timed). a new fair cuz his old one is pretty useless (one that gives him some sort of forward approaching ability)....disjoint on his bair...and maybe a faster dair...that should be good.
>new fair
I stopped reading there. That's a ******** idea. Not only is it his iconic Shadow Claw, but it has great comboing ability. Also, if anything should go, it's his down-b, not his side-b. Side-b has more usability.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Side B is a substantially better move than down B. Make it ground reset and depending on frame advantage he gets easy reads/combos into any move.

Disable would need a lot better start up, work on opponents facing either way, and more range to be comparable.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Side B is a substantially better move than down B. Make it ground reset and depending on frame advantage he gets easy reads/combos into any move.

Disable would need a lot better start up, work on opponents facing either way, and more range to be comparable.
I disagree. I played mewtwo, his down b is a lot more useful. His side B is useless because its a guaranteed punish for the opponent no matter what. down b can be useful at high %s. if it was on a timer it'd be a great combo starter move at all %s (or at least mid) which would help him a lot.

and his fair isnt iconic wtf lol. zards already got it, why do 2 chars need it. trust me his old fair is not that useful. good for comboing spacies and thats about it. its very hard to land and unreliable for killing except on featherweights. IMO mewtwo would benefit much more from a solid foward approaching tool. something with range lol

AeonClock

Smash Apprentice
If you're not watching Fly's stream already, start now. There are some crazy Lucario shenanigans going down.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
and his fair isnt iconic wtf lol. zards already got it, why do 2 chars need it. trust me his old fair is not that useful. good for comboing spacies and thats about it. its very hard to land and unreliable for killing except on featherweights. IMO mewtwo would benefit much more from a solid foward approaching tool. something with range lol
Not iconic? Forgetting about a series of combo videos based off of it from probably the most influential M2 player ever?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
YES and thats the only reason u think its good...because it combos spacies lmao. try actually playing mewtwo and u will find out its good for little else

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I'm not talking about the fact that he combos spacies. I'm talking about the combo video itself, being named after the move. But any of that doesn't mean it's knockback can't be made more useful. Since it's such a horrible move though, they should take it off of charizard. Because every move on all characters is useful in many situations. Especially top tier characters, like Jigglypuff's sing, Shiek's chain, Fox/Falco's fairs, etc. [/sarcasm]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom