• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Mewtwo can't even be done on the clone engine because of article limitations.

Roy on the other hand...

That and there's only 1 useable clone engine slot AFAIK, "MarioD"
IIRC, Dant got a Lucario rel working on a Mario slot but the articles didn't load. He could use his specials, but there was no aura sphere when aura sphere was used. Roy in theory at least is feasible if everything I've heard is right.

Also on the note of Alloys, they all share the same rel, so on top of no specials you can't even replace them properly.
:phone:

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I didn't even realize the Alloys thing was possible. Shows what I know. Regardless there are those who would venture into the singleplayer modes and see a bunch of Roys, which would look kind of unprofessional.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I didn't even realize the Alloys thing was possible. Shows what I know. Regardless there are those who would venture into the singleplayer modes and see a bunch of Roys, which would look kind of unprofessional.

I dunno, seems like no one has a problem with it so far. Roy even already has the right colors for each Alloy. xD

Hurray for Gold armor. Knew it was there for a reason. ¦D

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I may have to get in on this caramelldansen thing..

currently been enjoying this on my Skyloft though.

also i support allroys :awesome:

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
So I haven't been able to get Project M yet and I never play Brawl but I was wondering a few things about Link in Project M to those of you who do have it. Answer if you could because I would like to know these things as a Link main. Also these are all things he was capable of doing in Melee and I would like to see them come back.
I
1. Is he able to do his bomb jump?
2. Is he able to bomb tech for recoveries?
3. Can he set bombs on the ground and on platforms by
A. hitting Z when landing.
B. Hitting Z when jumping through a platform.
C. Hitting Z when dropping through a Platform.
4. Can he moonwalk?
5. Can he up-B Edgehog
6. Can he short hop B-Air, before hitting the ground double jump , B-Air
7. Reverse Chain Grab
II Less importantly but still cool
8. Is he able to do Bomb Drop Catching. You know where you short hop hit z then fast fall and hit A to re-catch the bomb then repeat sorta as a taunt. As shown in Germ's Linkology video.
9. I could care less really if this comes back but his Boomerang Superjump???

There are like 20 other things related to comboing I would like to know but I assume he combos very closely to his Melee counterpart?
Also if he can't do some of the above things yet it would be cool if in later releases you could make it so he could do so. If you are unsure what techniques I am mentioning check this link out.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289560#

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
So I haven't been able to get Project M yet and I never play Brawl but I was wondering a few things about Link in Project M to those of you who do have it. Answer if you could because I would like to know these things as a Link main. Also these are all things he was capable of doing in Melee and I would like to see them come back.
I
1. Is he able to do his bomb jump?
2. Is he able to bomb tech for recoveries?
3. Can he set bombs on the ground and on platforms by
A. hitting Z when landing.
B. Hitting Z when jumping through a platform.
C. Hitting Z when dropping through a Platform.
4. Can he moonwalk?
5. Can he up-B Edgehog
6. Can he short hop B-Air, before hitting the ground double jump , B-Air
7. Reverse Chain Grab
II Less importantly but still cool
8. Is he able to do Bomb Drop Catching. You know where you short hop hit z then fast fall and hit A to re-catch the bomb then repeat sorta as a taunt. As shown in Germ's Linkology video.
9. I could care less really if this comes back but his Boomerang Superjump???

There are like 20 other things related to comboing I would like to know but I assume he combos very closely to his Melee counterpart?
Also if he can't do some of the above things yet it would be cool if in later releases you could make it so he could do so. If you are unsure what techniques I am mentioning check this link out.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289560#
Yes, maybe? that may have to do with ledgeteching which isn't 100% melee yet, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, I couldn't find what that was but I'm assuming Yes, should be able to, No.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Reverse Chain grabbing is when you hit an opponent with a short hop B-Air then hit grab when you land on top of the opponent or just slightly tilt your control stick to the direction the opponent is and hit grab. Germ popularized it. Thanx for answering those questions though and also do most of his moves have the same hit trajectory enabling for alot of the Melee combos to work in Project M? ...... Most importantly do you have any professional Link players working on or testing Project M???

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Camelot and Shadic are the primary Link coders, but they got a lot of suggestions from Skylar (probably ****ed the spelling).

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
So I tried the demo out and I gotta say, it was pretty fun.
Played lucario, Charizard, and Ike on the skyloft stage the entire gameplay.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I am fully in favor of Mewtwo and Roy whenever it's possible to have them added in some way

While Roy could work with some new moves and a couple of stat adjustments, Mewtwo is such a pathetic representation of the character in Melee that I'd hope he would be rebuilt from the ground up. Roy needed buffs, Mewtwo needed a total revamp imo lol
Mewtwo is 100% Brawl Character tbh xD

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I am fully in favor of Mewtwo and Roy whenever it's possible to have them added in some way

While Roy could work with some new moves and a couple of stat adjustments, Mewtwo is such a pathetic representation of the character in Melee that I'd hope he would be rebuilt from the ground up. Roy needed buffs, Mewtwo needed a total revamp imo lol
Mewtwo was bad, yeah, but I don't think he'll need to be rebuilt from the ground up. He needs Bowser-esque changes. Not in the sense of giving him armored moves and more power and reach, but that he needs to keep his same style while building on it immensely. Make him that mindgamey, weird moving character that would have worked in melee if it hadn't been all he had going for him.
My vote is for him being able to AD out of Teleport (like zelda can), make some his smashes stronger, fix all his wonky, ******** hitboxes (I mean, just go look at the frame data thread for mewtwo... what the **** was sakurai thinking?), make down-b/side-b a little more effective, and a few of his moves could combo better tbh.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Mewtwo was bad, yeah, but I don't think he'll need to be rebuilt from the ground up. He needs Bowser-esque changes. Not in the sense of giving him armored moves and more power and reach, but that he needs to keep his same style while building on it immensely. Make him that mindgamey, weird moving character that would have worked in melee if it hadn't been all he had going for him.
My vote is for him being able to AD out of Teleport (like zelda can), make some his smashes stronger, fix all his wonky, ******** hitboxes (I mean, just go look at the frame data thread for mewtwo... what the **** was sakurai thinking?), make down-b/side-b a little more effective, and a few of his moves could combo better tbh.
Exactly. Those extremely odd atributes made him a very unique character, but I do agree that he could be improved in some way.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Mewtwo is 100% Brawl Character tbh xD
just ported over mewtwo would've still sucked lol

as a former mewtwo main, i'm in agreement on the hurtboxes and the teleport idea. i don't really agree with your other ideas tho. i would make his downsmash his fsmash and give him a new downsmash of some kind. upsmash is bad*** enough that it could stay with a buff, and he needs totally new side and down specials alltogether. why does mewtwo have confusion and disable? freaking terrible choices. how about psycutter for a side b and... i dk about the down b but something fitting the character. i'd get rid of most of the tail attacks too, and def a strength buff. a somewhat quick, hard hitting, mindgamey mewtwo sounds really good to me, just not overpowered (although mewtwo should be lol)

@ gunblaze: so long as he isn't a "Lucario clone" :troll:

Revven

FrankerZ
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26668

Then why not follow theses guy's example, kick the Alloy's (Just them) out for Roy then use MarioD for Mewtwo?

Then again though, that would mean every Alloy in the Multi-Man matches would be different colored Roys instead, lol.
Alloys can't grab ledges, can't roll, can't shield, can't spotdodge, can't air dodge, can't tech (I think), and other basic characteristics other characters can do. It's been looked into before a long time ago and didn't seem possible to give them that functionality.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
@ gunblaze: so long as he isn't a "Lucario clone" :troll::phone:
They aren't ****ing clones! :mad:

Alloys can't grab ledges, can't roll, can't shield, can't spotdodge, can't air dodge, can't tech (I think), and other basic characteristics other characters can do. It's been looked into before a long time ago and didn't seem possible to give them that functionality.
They could tech.

Take that back.
Agreed.

ds22

Smash Lord
That and Shadow Ball wouldn't work (since it's an article).

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Mewtwo is such a Sheik clone. Charged projectile standard B, teleport, long tilts? ****ing identical man.

But true story Mewtwo is basically just a Brawl character. Slow, Floaty, has to play defensive for 7 minutes to get anything done, can't kill until 200%, relies entirely on gimmicks and edge camping.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Mewtwo to Sakurai:

You didn't have to cut me off
Make it like it never happened and that we were nothing
I don't even need your love, but you treat me like a stranger
And that feels so rough

No, you didn't have to stoop so low
Have your friends collect your Mem card
And then change your number
Guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just somebody that I used to know

that song plays way too often on the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom