• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

W.L.I.A.G?(1 MoRE dAy HyPE!! BRiNG SeTuPs!!) Albany,Ga 2/27/10

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
:laugh:Who Lives In Albany Georgia?

Thats a good question lol. For anyone who went to the Halloween tournament in Warner Robins yall might remember a couple of melee players with the tag I H(link player)<--had some a good sets with chops and..did some work to toasty lol and Loud John (Marth player)<--he does work to a lot of people lol..oh lets not forget jeff the fox player who. umm does stuff lol. oh and me..i play brawl lol.And there are others from our small town that will be entering this awesome tournament that JJ's Comic and Card shop will be letting us hold in their game room!!!!!

Venue Information
2401 Dawson Road
Albany, GA 31707-2361
(229) 883-0478

The owner of the store is a very nice lady who has a few rules we must abide by to have the tournament..1.NO CURSING(yeah i know it may be a little hard but lets respect her wishes)NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINKS(there are drinks and snacks in the game room that are sold pretty cheap that you can purchase during the tournament. If you go eat please do not bring the food inside the venue)

Tournament sign-ups and friendlies: 10-12pm
Tournament starts: 12:30pm

Melee Singles/doubles(if enough interest) will begin at 12:30 or whenever all registration is complete.
Brawl Doubles: No later than 3pm
Brawl singles: After brawl doubles

Mrs.Gladys is more than willing to let us stay till 10pm to finish!

Directions: Google maps or mapquest it

Pricing
Venue Fee= $6<--this is mandatory please bring setups but keep in mind that the venue fee is MANDATORY!
Brawl singles: $10
Brawl Doubles:$20($10 a person)
Melee singles:$10
Melee doubles:$20($10 a person)<--will only hold if there are at least 6 teams.
Payouts for everything will be 60/30/10
Rules
-NO CURSING AT ALL
-NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINKS.IF YOU LEAVE TO GO GET FOOD DONT BRING IT INSIDE
-BYOC dont think the venue has extra controllers but i will check
-Once the tournament starts there are no refunds!

Brawl Rule Set
General rules:

3 Stock
8 minute timer
Items are set to "off" and "none"
All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat

Counter Stages
* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1

Doubles
Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON

Melee Rule Set--taken from Pound 4 thread
Melee:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Mages Dq Rules :
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Setups<--the venue itself has like 3 tvs and maybe 1 wii and a gamecube so we need Tvs cubes wiis and disc. PLease bring some!(powerstrips would help to)
TV
1.Skaterbaj
2. HiIH
3.Zone
Wii
1.Skaterbaj
2.HiIH
3.Zip
4.puma(albany)
Cube
1.HiIH
2.Zone
Melee disk
1.Skaterbaj
2.Zone
3.HiIH
4.Puma(albany)
Brawl disk
1.Skaterbaj
2.Zip

Pre Reg List *= maybe/thinking about/considering attending
1.Skaterbaj
2.HiIH
3.Big Lou*
4.Bigman40*
5.T3H Albino*
6.DogySamich*
7.BBQ*
8.Toasty*
9.Vgmastaricky*
10.FullMetal
11.Puma(albany)
12. Awal*
13. Loud John
14.Jx31
15.Sex puma
16.Sleepyk*
17.Ruse
18.Fraudster
19.Fraudsters guest
20.True Ice
21.G1aX
22.Zip*
23.AtLHero
24.Rookitnary
25.eLEV8
26.AlphaGundam
27.Pervy
28.THE reflex wonder
29.Gmoney*
30.2nlio*
31.Kismet
32.Billy
33.DBS
34.Green Mario
35.Fuct
36.Rayku
My number is- 850-293-6748
Treys number(IH)-229-881-1378
Since this is my first tournament running i do not mind and would greatly appreciate any help to finish the tournament around 9pm. If the turnout is good i know Mrs.Gladys(Owner of the store) would love for me to old another one. Cmon guys Come play us in ALBany,Ga!!!!
P.s- if i need to add/remove anything from this thread tell me Asap thanks guys :)
AIB LINK http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8513

HiIH

Smash Lord
/in obvobv.

229-881-1378

Hopefully we can start making this a regular thing.

EDIT-If you guys could specify if you're coming for melee or brawl, that would be a ton of help.

(melee, nudge nudge)

bigman40

Smash Master
I'll come considering if the turnout is good enough. 4 hour drive ain't no joke. I'd be coming for brawl, and hype this up plz...

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
I love GA...dude im wasted right now dont take this post into consideration...i have kissed like 4 differwnt girls tyonighttt!!!!Q!! i loce DV sonn lol

Zone

Smash Champion
I will probably come.

For melee, I'll ask Rice, John and their Crew if they are interested too.

Maybe Taco.

4 hour drive for me as well. Coming up, because you guys come down when I ask. I will host a tourney sometime in May. Melee only, and i'm putting 1000 of my own money in the pot. let's see how that turns out.

Zone

Smash Champion
btw 4hour drive is NOT that bad >.>; 6+ is where it starts getting a little ridiculous

Edit: well with friends it's not that bad. Alone that could be kinda annoying

HiIH

Smash Lord
Yes, for all that is holy don't make that four hour drive alone!

Bring like nineteen people.
Per car.

I'M EXCITED! I kinda wanna play some SF4 at this too, I never get to play on a PS3 = (

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
No its the last saturday ballistics! come **** melee son :p

Alpha and kismet yall are in columbus right? soyall should def come and check out the tourney..Reflex is welcome also :p

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I promised to never come to Warner Robins again, and seeing how Albany is farther away than WR... it's going to take a lot of convincing. My main problem was I ended up spending about $25 in tournament fees and food, and $20 in gas. Then only like 8 people showed up. It wasn't worth it. So if you guys get more Florida people (Jacksonville and etc), I will probably show. Just advertise this tourney in all the FL threads llol.
/rant

HiIH

Smash Lord
bad acronym but oooooooooooo...I'm interested...however I generally don't have Saturday's off >_<

I'll see what I can do but it doesn't look too good.

At the very least I'll try and hype it up ^_^
<3 HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT SON.

I promised to never come to Warner Robins again, and seeing how Albany is farther away than WR... it's going to take a lot of convincing. My main problem was I ended up spending about $25 in tournament fees and food, and $20 in gas. Then only like 8 people showed up. It wasn't worth it. So if you guys get more Florida people (Jacksonville and etc), I will probably show. Just advertise this tourney in all the FL threads llol.
/rant
BBQ, I remember you. You played with my friend (loud) John for a little bit. He's confirmed to come, since he lives here, lol. You know, the marth player?
I'll ask some of my FL friends If they'd like to come to this ;3
YES GOGOGOGO. = D

Also, the people who hosted that Melee/Brawl tourney out of their apartment at FSU like... a year ago. You guys should try to come... and bring our TV we forgot! <.<

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Yeah I definitely remember you guys. Loud John's Marth is too good. I really would like to see him Marth ditto FullMetal.

I might come to this tourney just to play with you guys again :)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'm sure if Kismet goes, Reflex will be there. Hopefully they'll tag along Billy and some and Reflex's brother Elev8 and show GA how awesome AL smash is.

As for me, xD probably wont be going.

Oh and Serin if you can go to this, but not Birmingham tournaments that are an hour and 30 minutes at most from you, then....<.< shame on you.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Ill add them to pre reg list as soon as they post or give me some kind of heads up that they are coming. having Florida/GA/Alabama in one tourney is gonna be soo sweet

benaji261!

Smash Ace
MAN!!...

A 5 hour drive... also considering my moment of poorness right now and I'm not seeing me make it to this. We'll see though. I don't have a car. :/

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
ballistics i play melee to! i wont enter it but imma do some friendlies for sure, get at my fox/falcon

Benaji you pretty much live in pensacola and from pensacola to albany its a 4 hour drive so no johns becasue i do it all the time to go home and get to schooL on weekends!!! just drive to tallly on I10 then get on thomasville road itss soooo easy!

benaji261!

Smash Ace
ballistics i play melee to! i wont enter it but imma do some friendlies for sure, get at my fox/falcon

Benaji you pretty much live in pensacola and from pensacola to albany its a 4 hour drive so no johns becasue i do it all the time to go home and get to schooL on weekends!!! just drive to tallly on I10 then get on thomasville road itss soooo easy!
You DRIVE... WITH A CAR. Get me if you care about me goin so much.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
yeah i go to school with him he plays melee lol..I was asked what his gamertag was and when he said puma i was like..uuuuummm alrighty then lol

You should come though puma

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I'm sure if Kismet goes, Reflex will be there. Hopefully they'll tag along Billy and some and Reflex's brother Elev8 and show GA how awesome AL smash is.

As for me, xD probably wont be going.

Oh and Serin if you can go to this, but not Birmingham tournaments that are an hour and 30 minutes at most from you, then....<.< shame on you.
Dude, January tourneys are out of the question. I have to work ALL those weekends. I can't even say I don't need the money because it's the biggest game and the next biggest one.

Sorry, AL.

Top Bottom