• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olinterview topic. :D [Interviewee: Hilt- ask questions!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, we're doing this!

We're going to interview your fellow Olimar players. You don't have to be a top Olimar player to be selected. You just need to have enough people wanting to interview you! ;)

Here's how this will work. Each week everyone will nominate the players they want to be interviewed. I'll take a rough tally of the votes, announce the victor, and then we'll all post questions we'd like that person to answer. At the end of the week (some sort of deadline for question asking) I'll personally take care of interviewing the selected person.

If you're selected I'll try to hit you up on AOL or something. If you'd rather just post your answers on the board in your own time, just contact me about it, I'll round up all the questions, and then I'll send you a pm. Then you can send me a pm back when you're ready and I'll post the results in this thread.

RULES:
1. There's only one. Don't spam; only post with good reason/intent. You'll regret it if you don't.
:mad::mad::mad:
(In other words, I'll ask Hilt kindly to close this, lol.)

Now vote and discuss!

Example thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226522

"[The questions] don't have to be necessarily related to Smash - ask about who he is, what he likes, how he got to where he is now and how Smash ties in. These interviews are as much about getting to know the community as it is about Olimar and the metagame. Shoot."

Edit: Btw, Hilt brought this up in a convo a couple days ago, so this was 100% his idea.

---

Interview #1- RichBrown

---

Noa.

Smash Master
Nice idea. Most boards do this in ther social thread but we're cooler than that.

I don't know who to vote for first though.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
*thinking of who 2 interview*

Blackwaltz xD hmm not really sure, how about going with Lluyms idea.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I have a feeling Fino would refuse to give me a straight answer, so I vote RichBrown.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Glad to see this thread up :D

Looking forward to it getting moving, might liven things up a bit. I say we interview Rich as well, it'll be a good way to start the thread out. You'll want to message him about it first though and make sure he's okay with it.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
With my vote for RichBrown (It will be impossible for me to get in contact with Kova, LOL), the tally is at 3 for Kova and 5 for Rich.

I'll set the deadline for voting to Wednesday night. For now, if anyone can get a hold of Rich or Kova anywhere, tell them about this thread, ha. I send RichBrown a PM though, as it's likely he'll be up first. ;D

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
wow this sounds awesome :D
i dont really know who to vote for since i dont know most poeple hear that well, buuut il vote rich just because lol

Noa.

Smash Master
It looks like Rich is going to be voted. Maybe Kova can get a chance later.

It's time to start thinking about those questions. Both metagame important and just plain silly.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Fantastic idea, I'm happy to contribute, thank you for all the votes everyone I'm honored :)

I personally would like to hear from Kovarish for the next one myself

Noa.

Smash Master
I suppose I will ask the first questions.

Thoughts and tips on the mk matchup?

The biggest obstacle(s) is Oli's metagame?

What Olis (if there are any) inspired you as a player?

(assuming you play rojomar) Why did you choose that color?

I know you're a mix, but cab you explain in detail the heritage if your parents and grandparents?

Which artists do you really like?

Favorite movies?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I suppose there isn't a very probable chance Kova will catch up on votes tonight.

Let the questions begin!

I've got a couple:

In your opinion, of course, what do you think is the biggest roadblock for Olimar at tournaments? This ties into my next question. What usually prevents you from winning said tournaments? A matchup? Inconsistency with Oli's recovery? Stage counterpicks? Certain players that simply have a better grasp of the game? Thanks.

edit:
how exactly is the interview going down? whats going to be asked? just curious.. lol
Post all your questions here and I'm going to interview him over AOL sometime.

And... any questions you want. :D

shouldnt we be able to ask him any question (which is appropriate under the boundaries of smashboards)
This^

Denti

Smash Master
ask him something along the lines of the type of pikmin usefuless. what pikmin would he personally dub really useful in certain MUs and such.

thx

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Basic and absurd questions
1. How old are you?
2. When and why did you first decide to play Oli?
3. When did you first notice that you were recognized as an excellent player?
4. Why do you have piano keys as your avatar?
5. Do you remember your first brawl tournament? If so, what stuck out in your mind?
6. What would you consider to be a good day (weather, season, etc.)?
7. Do you have a set doubles partner? If so, who?
8. Do you prefer to drink out of large cups or small ones?
9. What is your favorite food/drink?

Gameplay-related Questions
1. What is your favorite stage (out of the standard starters/counterpicks)?
2. What is your least favorite stage (out of the standard starters/counterpicks)?
3. What is your favorite ledge option?
4. What do you think of Olimar's running attack?
5. What is your favorite character to fight?
6. What is your least favorite character to fight?
7. I never hear anything about you having secondaries. Do you have any? If so, who and why?

My sincerest apologies for the number of questions. Feel free to cut out a few if you don't want to answer them.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
Do u consider yourself an aggresive olimar or defensive one?

How do u win tournies with olimar?

U think you'll be one of the first olis to get a purple name?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I can't for the life of me figure out which curse word is that long.

This topic is also getting somewhat off-track. If I may ask, when is the deadline for asking questions?

EDIT: Yeah, still don't recognize the word(s). I'm thinking of one that actually ends with "es", but it only has eight letters.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can't for the life of me figure out which curse word is that long.

This topic is also getting somewhat off-track. If I may ask, when is the deadline for asking questions?
It's two words. The art of deduction never ceases to amaze me.

And I'll set an arbitrary deadline of... tomorrow. I'd like this to be a weekly thing unless anyone objects to it, so the schedule will probably end up looking like this if there are no necessary delays and I'm able to get an interview with each player on Sundays (leaving saturdays for tournaments, of course):

Sunday: Interview player.
Monday: Interview up/read with amazement. :D/ begin voting on new interviewee.
Tuesday: Voting.
Wednesday: Voting/begin asking questions.
Thursday: Questioning.
Friday: Questioning.
Saturday: Questioning/interview?

Basically 2 days for voting and 4 for asking questions. Hopefully the interviewee and I will be able to talk somewhere within Saturday/Sunday... and this is all a rough estimate. If things move more slowly I'll postpone interviews until there are a decent amount of questions being asked. ;D

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
RichBrown, how well do you do in the area that you play in?
Are you proud of how well you do? Can you do better?
Do you think that olimar's gameplay still has some things to figure out about it? Is this all Olimar will ever be able to do?
Who is the best opponent you have ever fought? Did this person make you mad with their playstyle, or were you proud to win/lose to them?
Who is your favorite opponent you have ever fought? Why?
Do you feel that there are olimar's better then you that don't visit the Olimar boards?
Who do you think is the worst matchup for Olimar?

just a few questions ^-^!

Zori

Smash Champion
most generic questions of the year goes too...............

THE OLIMAR BOARDS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom