• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LOUISIANA SMASH: February Fight Fest ~ February 26th-28th @ Lafayette, Louisiana

Curlz

Smash Lord

Louisiana Smash Presents:
February Fight Fest

February 26th - 28th

Lousiana Smash and Lafayette's Play N Trade would like to present you with February Fight Fest with a bunch of big name titles for almost every Next Gen Console.

The schedule is liable to change at any given time. If there are any changes I will fix them immediately and make a post on what has been updated.

Dates/ Schedule:

Sign ups will begin for every event at 12:00pm (noon) on each respective day. Sign ups will also be happening an hour prior to the events start.

Friday:
5pm - Melee Singles (Nintendo Gamecube / Wii)
7pm - Brawl Singles (Nintendo Wii)

(Both events on Friday will probably intervene. If you are entered in both tournaments let me know and I will make exceptions if you are late for a match.)

Saturday:
Noon - BlazBlue (Playstation 3)
3pm - Street Fighter 3 (Playstation 2)
5pm - Street Fighter 4 (Xbox 360)
7pm - Tekken 6 (Playstation 3)

Sunday:
Noon - Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Nintendo Wii)
3pm - Brawl+ 6.0 (Nintendo Wii)
6pm - Puzzle Fighter 2 (Playstation 3)
All Day - Pokemon Singles (Nintendo DS / Wii)

(Pokemon will be starting at noon and lasting all day.)

Fees:
$7 entry per event.
$2 of each entry goes to the venue
Girls get in free.
NO REFUNDS
60/30/10 pot split if under 32
55/25/15/5 if over 32

All prizes will paid through Visa gift cards.

When you win you will give the owner your name and address for him to mail you your prize the Monday following the event.

Venue Info:
139 Arnould Blvd
Lafayette, LA 70506-6213
(337) 456-5163

The PnT is located inside a plaza which contains Jason's Deli, a Smoothie Factory, and a Hershey's Ice Cream place. Across the street is a Piccadilly Cafeteria.

General Info:

GENERAL

My cell phone number is (337) 278 8137 if you have questions about anything.

-No drugs, alcohol, or smoking inside the building.
-No fighting.
-Please throw away your trash.
-Please listen and help out the Tournament Organizers and Staff by listening and working with them.
-As organizer, I reserve the right to modify or change rules in order to accommodate the tournament's needs. I will notify players accordingly should a change be made on the day of the tournament.
-Similarly, as an organizer, I want this to be the best tournament possible. If you think something could be better, tell me how. We'll go from there.
-All tournaments will be a double-elimination bracket seeded to the best of my knowledge.

EQUIPMENT INFORMATION

-If you want this to run smoothly and quickly we will need as many setups as possible so please bring whatever you can for any event.
-All TVs and Game Systems that are donated for this event will be taken complete care of by the staff. We are not liable for any broken or malfunctioning TV or Game System, however, we will make sure nothing happens to your equipment.
-All TVs and Game Systems will be used for tournament play.
-If you are entered in a tournament and you are playing on a TV without being called for a tournament match, you will be asked to stop whatever you are doing and to get off the TV. If you refuse, you will be DQ'd from the tournament with NO REFUND.
-If you are not entered in a tournament and you are playing on a TV, you will be asked to stop whatever you are doing and to get off the TV. If you refuse you will be booted from the venue.

Housing

Still being worked out.

Rules:

KNOW THESE! I will hold every player responsible for knowing the rules. If you play a game on a stage you didn't know was banned, TOO BAD. No matches will be replayed due to ignorance of the rules.

Know the rules.

BRAWL

Double Elimination:
-3 stock; 7:00 Singles
-Ties broken by stock then percent. 1 stock rematch if even % and stock.
-Team attack on
-No items
-Best 2/3, Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals are 3/5
-Bring your own controller
-Advanced slob picks
-Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
-Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: a player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in the set
-For Ganoncide and Bowsercide, it will always count as a win for the player who initiated the attack. For everyone else, the results screen is how the win will be decided. Sudden Death means the person who initiated the suicide move gets the win.
-We'll call your match at least 3 times. If you haven't show within 5, maybe 10 minutes, you lose.
-No infinities past 300%.
-Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape and Extended Dimensional Cape are banned.
-Meta Knight's Street Sharking glitch is banned.

No Excessive stalling. End infinites no later than 300%. The Infinite dimensional cape and extended dimensional cape are banned.

An SD card with the following codes will be used on every Wii:
No Tripping
Tier List Character Select Screen
Infinite Replay

STAGE STRIKING:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM (unless both players agree). Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match.

ADVANCED SLOB PICKS

Game 1 is played by Stage Striking to pick a stage and then both players/teams pick their characters simultaneously.

When Game 1 is finished then starts Game 2 and the counterpick system. The winner of Game 1 bans a stage then the loser of Game 1 picks the next stage for Game 2. The winner of Game 1 then picks his/her character and then the loser of Game 1 picks his/her character. Game 2 then begins.

The process for Game 3 is the same if the match gets to it.

Stage List
------------
Starter:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:

Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:

The rest

MELEE

Double Elimination
-4 stock
-8-min. time limit
-Items set to "None"
- Wobbling IS allowed, but it must not go beyond 200% to prevent excessive stalling.
- Dave's Stupid Rule is applied - A player may not pick a stage that he/she has already won on.
- Ties are broken by stocks, then percentage.

STAGE STRIKING:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM (unless both players agree). Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match.

ADVANCED SLOB PICKS

Game 1 is played by Stage Striking to pick a stage and then both players/teams pick their characters simultaneously.

When Game 1 is finished then starts Game 2 and the counterpick system. The winner of Game 1 bans a stage then the loser of Game 1 picks the next stage for Game 2. The winner of Game 1 then picks his/her character and then the loser of Game 1 picks his/her character. Game 2 then begins.

The process for Game 3 is the same if the match gets to it.

The Stage List

Starter

Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi's Story

Counterpick

Brinstar
Corneria
Fountain of Dreams
Kongo Jungle 64
Mute City
Poke Floats
Rainbow Cruise

Banned

The rest

BLAZBLUE

Double Elimination:
2/3 rounds - 2/3 Matches
Semifinales 3/5
Finals 4/7

Default Time

No Unlimited Characters (like Unlimited Ragna, Unlimited Rachel, etc...)
No Easy Specials (This is when you move the R-stick to perform moves instead of acually inputing a command.)
If you lose a match you may change you character.
Winner must keep the same character.

You are allowed to bring your own pad.

STREET FIGHTER 3

Double Elimination
2/3 Matches
Finales 3/5

99 Seconds

Fighter Character Rule Applies
After a match the loser is allowed to change their character and the winner must stay the same character.

If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage select.

STREET FIGHTER 4

Double Elimination
2/3 rounds - 2/3 Matches
Finales 3/5

99 Seconds

After a match the loser is allowed to change their character and the winner must stay the same character.

If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage select.

TEKKEN 6

Double Elimination
Best of 3 rounds.
Finals are best of 5 rounds.

Default time.

POKEMON

Double Elimination
Singles
6 Pokemon per team

-You are allowed to bring whichever pokemon game you want as long as it is on the DS platform. Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver are all acceptable. You are also allowed to bring your Nintendo Wii Remote if your Pokemon team is from Pokemon Battle Revolution.
-If a match is ended by a self-KO move (such as Self Destruct or Explosion) the victory goes to the person that initiated the attack.

No Ubers
The following Pokemon are banned:
Arceus
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys Attack
Deoxys Defense
Deoxys Speed
Dialga
Garchomp
Giratina
Giratina Origin Forme
Groudon
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Latios
Lugia
Manaphy
Mew
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Shaymin Sky Forme
Wobbuffet
Wynaut

Sleep Clause
You may only put one Pokemon to sleep at a time. Once that Pokemon wakes up, you may put it or another Pokemon to sleep again. But again, only one Pokemon on their team can be asleep at one time. Pokemon asleep due to the effects of Rest or Effect Spore do NOT count towards that limit.

Species Clause
Each Pokemon must be of a different species. Different Pokedex number means it's a different species.

Evasion Clause and OHKO Ban
The item BrightPowder and following moves are banned:
- Double Team
- Minimize
- Fissure
- Guillotine
- Sheer Cold
- Horn Drill

Everything else, including Sand Attack, and the Sand Veil ability, are legal.

No "Hax" Items
The following items are banned:
- Quick Claw
- Focus Band
- King's Rock
- Soul Dew

BRAWL+ 6.0

Double Elimination
8:00 Minutes
4 stocks
Items set to Off and None
Advanced Slob Picks
Stage Striking
Basic Brawl Rules

Stages:

Neutral

Final Destination
Battlefield
SmashVille
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 2

Counterpick

Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Square
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
WarioWare
Skyworld
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion

Banned

The rest.

TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM

Double Elimination
2/3 rounds - 2/3 Matches
Finales 3/5

99 Seconds

Puzzle Fighter 2

TBA

Setups and Headcount

We only need setups for Brawl, Melee, Brawl+, and Pokemon.
Let me know what you can bring as well as what days you will be supplying it.

Headcount

Friday:
Curlz
ChKn
Blaise
Arcadia
Blaine
MasterMajora
JNig
Roids

Saturday:
Curlz
Blaise
Arcadia
JNig

Sunday:
Curlz
ChKn
Blaise
Arcadia
Blaine
MasterMajora
JNig

Setups

Friday:
Curlz - TV, Wii, Brawl, Melee
ChKn - Wii, Brawl, Melee
JNig - Wii, Brawl
MasterMajora - Wii, Brawl, Melee
Wiggins - TV, Gamecube, Melee
Randall - TV, Wii, Brawl, Melee

Saturday:
Wiggins - TV, PS3, Tekken 6

Sunday:
Curlz - TV, Wii, Brawl
ChKn - Wii, Brawl, TvC
JNig - Wii, Brawl, TvC
MasterMajora - Wii, Brawl, PBR

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Entering everything but pokemon and blazblue. Winning brawl+. For brawl+ rules I vote neutral stages be final, battlefield, smashville, yoshi's, and ps2. For counterpick it should be ps1, delfino, kirby, lylat, frigate, warioware, skyworld, rainbow cruise, and brinstar (i mighta missed a few). If we do 7 neuts instead of 5 then ps1 and delfino for #6 and #7.

Edit: btw add a link to SD card codes for no trip/inf replay/tier list char select screen if you don't mind.

Curlz

Smash Lord
This looks fun. OoT people can come too, right?
This is open to anyone who is willing to come.

Edit:

Blaise, I don't have a link to the SD codes. You'll have to get in touch with Ran for that. and I'll also be using the Brawl+ rules that were used at Pound 4. I just need to find them first.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I'm winning Pokemon. Believe it.

I should have the RAR for the codes blaise. I'll upload them tonight if I can't find the link for it.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
I chopped mah **** off so I get to play all games for free. In pokemon you forgot to ban Shaymin Sky form, giratina origin form, and wynaut. Not like I'm gonna enter unless u run it on netbattle/shoddybattle anyway.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Curlz.. the melee time is stupid. No way I can get there from school, if I even have a ride.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Oh yeah and add the loser can change chars/winner cant change chars thing to every fighter.

Edit: Ah lucky me, the pound 4 rules were nearly identical to mine.

ChKn

Smash Ace
We need to get the list organized for what people can/can't bring.

Nintendo Games:
PnT has a TV; I might be able to bring my Wii

Curlz

Smash Lord
Play N Trade and their employees will be supplying the PS3s and 360's for all fighter games. I'm only running the Smash Bros part of FFF so every other tournament will be "store runned". We will only need to bring setups for Smash Bros.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
This is the Uber list taken from Smogon. It's a little different than what you have. Garchomp is on it, but Shaymin (Land Form), Jirachi, Celebi, and Latias are not. If you're basing the list on Smogon, then what you have is wrong (maybe you pulled an outdated list from GameFAQs?).

Arceus
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-a
Deoxys-d
Deoxys-s
Dialga
Garchomp
Giratina
Giratina-o
Groudon
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Latios
Lugia
Manaphy
Mew
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Shaymin-s
Wobbuffet
Wynaut

I'll probably go for Brawl and maybe for Pokemon. As this gets closer, I'll let you know what I'll have for when. I assume you're running Pokemon through Battle Revolution? If not, what's the level requirement? You can't even out the levels through a local battle on the DS. It has to be done either through Battle Revolution or the Nintendo Wi-fi Connection.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I'm going to be doing Pokemon through both PBR and WiFi connection. The store has WiFi there so we can connect to that. It'l alsol be Lv100 all. People who are using their PBR team will have top priority on PBR but I will schedule some matches on the Wii if no one has a PBR team.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Its like a credit card except you don't get a bill. It can be used anywhere that normally accepts a credit card. Online, sotres, etc.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I updated the Uber Clause with the most updated tier list (thank you Randall) and I moved BrightPowder to the Evasion Clause.

mastermajora

Smash Rookie
Is it really? Why would something that belongs in an evasion clause be legal in competitive play?
i can never remember the reason but it is most likely that you can't stack up the evasion bonus to beyond 30% when used with a ability like snow cloak, but with moves such as double team you can stack it us to a 6 stage increase(300% increase IIRC)

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
i can never remember the reason but it is most likely that you can't stack up the evasion bonus to beyond 30% when used with a ability like snow cloak, but with moves such as double team you can stack it us to a 6 stage increase(300% increase IIRC)
BP + Snow Cloak/Sand Veil = 20% base evasion. Meaning moves that normally hit 100% of the time hit only 80% of the time. Very Haxxy which is why most people ban brightpowder. If you have that on you might as well have focus band too since they both basically give you a chance to survive an attack that would normally kill you.

mastermajora

Smash Rookie
BP + Snow Cloak/Sand Veil = 20% base evasion. Meaning moves that normally hit 100% of the time hit only 80% of the time. Very Haxxy which is why most people ban brightpowder. If you have that on you might as well have focus band too since they both basically give you a chance to survive an attack that would normally kill you.
i have never played a game where brightpowder was banned.
the purpose of brightpowder is not survive a hit like focus band it is to set up

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
focus band =/= focus sash. Band has a fixed rate of leaving the holder with one hp. So theorectically a team member can survive 3 times in a row where they normally wouldn't. Brightpowder in essence does the same thing. Sash is a guaranteed one time survival at 1 hp which isn't necessarily game breaking.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Its not sexist. In Lafayette there are no females that go to tournaments, so its to support female gamers. Its a store rule, not mine.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Oh and to be clear Curlz on the suicide rule does that apply to Kirby and D3 as well? The way you worded it makes it sounds as if it does.
Yes. If you are Kirby and you swallow someone and walk off the stage to a death, the results screen will determine the winner of that match. If it goes to a sudden death it will be ignored and the win will be awarded to the Kirby.

Same with D3.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Whoever initiates the Kirby/DDDcide wins. Add that to the ruleset.

Also, Arc and I need housing for all 3 days, I suppose.
I don't want to word it like that because say a Kirby swallows a Marth and jumps off, but right before they fall to their death Marth breaks out and Kirby dies first but the players don't see it. The results screen will say Marth won the match, but because nobody saw Marth break out before Kirby died, we would have to give the win to Kirby.

This is so we could determine the proper winner.

As for housing, Yall could stay at my house.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
I don't want to word it like that because say a Kirby swallows a Marth and jumps off, but right before they fall to their death Marth breaks out and Kirby dies first but the players don't see it. The results screen will say Marth won the match, but because nobody saw Marth break out before Kirby died, we would have to give the win to Kirby.

This is so we could determine the proper winner.

As for housing, Yall could stay at my house.
wut? That's not right. Kirby/D3cides always go to sudden death if the swallowcide worked. If they break out and Kirby dies, that's Kirby's fault IMO and he should lose the match.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
wut? That's not right. Kirby/D3cides always go to sudden death if the swallowcide worked. If they break out and Kirby dies, that's Kirby's fault IMO and he should lose the match.
This is what I thought. If they break out, the Kirby/DDD loses. The rule is to resolve when it goes to Sudden Death, to determine the winner.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
This is what I thought. If they break out, the Kirby/DDD loses. The rule is to resolve when it goes to Sudden Death, to determine the winner.
well they can still recover and sometimes footstool the opponent but if they don't break out it always goes to sudden death despite ports (except on Japes where if you jump in the water the opponent always dies first). The confusion here would to be to follow the percent rule or to create a suicide rule.

Top Bottom