• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors :: Edmonton, AB :: Jan. 30, 2010

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
First Rock, Paper, Scissors monthlies results are up!!! I will do shoutouts later and I have a lot to look forward to writing up. Also good job everyone on cleaning up there wasn't much left to do after besides organizing the desks and stuff. Thank you keep it up please.

Singles Pools
Pool 1
Honey Mustard (Dan)
Diminisht (Ash)
Kuraudo (Brandon)
Bairz (Karl)
Chaos (Mike H)
Shiro (Shiro)

Pool 2
Arsenal (Kelvin)
Dragonz (David)
Alphicans (Luke)
Colin (Colin)
Red Comet (James)
Solaris (Jarrett)
Apple (Chris)

Pool 3
Irish Mayonnaise (Jack)
Kyle (Kyle)
Zero (Adam)
T-block (Mike)
Lime (Jamie)
Gerbality (Ryan)

Pool 4
Fiji (Alvin)
Frio (Mark)
Jordan (Jordan)
Herby (Sean)
Yoshara (Stephan)
Pyre (Keith)

Singles Bracket:
1: Honey Mustard (Dan) ($175.00)
2: Irish Mayonnaise (Jack) ($50.00)
3: Frio (Mark) ($25.00)
4: Fiji (Alvin)
5: Lime (Jamie)
5: Arsenal (Kelvin)
7: Alphicans (Luke)
7: Kuraudo (Brandon)
9: Kyle (Kyle)
9: T-block (Mike)
9: Colin (Colin)
9: Jordan (Jordan)
13: Herby (Sean)
13: Solaris (Jarrett)
13: Dragonz (David)
13: Diminisht (Ash)
17: Bairz (Karl)
17: Red Comet (James)
17: Chaos (Mike H)
17: Zero (Adam)
17: Yoshara (Stephan)
17: Pyre (Keith)
17: Gerbality (Ryan)
17: Shiro (Shiro)
25: Apple (Chris)

Doubles Results:
1: Skin Deep Romance (Superboom & Killock) ($144.00)
2: Luke Sux (Alphicans & Frio) ($72.00)
3: Alvin & Jordan (Alvin & Jordan) ($24.00)
4: Colin still hasn't brushed his teeth (Bairz & RedComet)
5: Colin still hasn't showered (Colin & T-block)
5: U-tilt is F-air (Chaos & Lime)
7: We play melee!! (Solaris & Dragonz)
7: RICKROLL'D (Kelvin & Ash)
9: Maverick SOLDIERS (Zero & Kuraudo)
9: Mangoooooooooo (Yoshara & IIIIRick)
9: Burnin' Herb (Pyre & Herby)
9: Gerbapplebee (Gerbality & Apple_Kid)

Low Tier
1: Colin ($22.50) (Won 7-2 in a best of 13 RPS match!!)
2: Mike ($22.50)
3: Luke ($5.00)
4: Jack
5: Brandon
5: Dan
7: White Mike
7: Sean
9: Jamie
9: Stephan

T-block

B2B TST
General stuff:
  • We need to decide on a next date so we can book the room... head to the tournament thread to discuss it please
  • We did really well time-wise, so thanks everyone for cooperating. Pools is where I think we can do better - don't do the "one person plays everyone" thing, because by the end there's usually three people that are all waiting on each other, so we can't get the matches done even when there's more than one TV free. Pool 1 with six people was doing it this way, and they ended up finishing after Pool 2, which had 7 people. I might put in some time to try to figure out the best way to run a six-man pool, but for now, just in general don't play more than two matches in a row.
  • Next time we will have a better room. I showed Jack, Dan, Luke and some others where it could have been, and they can tell you how much nicer it would have been <_<
  • Huge thanks to everyone that brought TVs and Wiis. Next month if we can get the better room we'll have more than enough outlets for everything, so keep bringing 'em. We can make this go even faster I'm sure.

Dan - CAPTAIN MUSTARDDDD~ idk why you even use ganondorf...like seriously
Jack - i guess gg in pools? didn't really get to play you much, but talking to you is cool as always.
Mark - grats on 3rd... i like that you're playing someone else lol
Alvin - lol i used a different character in every game we played...ima pull more crap outta nowhere next time
Lime - you're all right at this game i guess...you still owe me fries
Kelvin - you stepped it back up...that's good to see ;D
Luke - i guess i'll be proud of making you switch off GW. dw about this time man... you'll have proper chairs next month
Brandon - hope you got home all right haha...i didn't get to watch any of your singles matches, but i liked what i saw in low tier ;)
Kyle - oh man...way to beast. looks like i gotta go diddy on you
Colin - 7 in a row...i can't believe it. also, i clearly have better overall stage knowledge than you do
Jordan - glad you finally made it...i hope you enjoyed it enough to come to the next one as well
Sean - play more fox omggggggg
Jarrett - as always, i can't beat melee samus lol
David - eh...sorry about diddy and pictochat. i know it can get pretty frustrating playing against diddy, especially if you're less experienced with brawl. you still pulled off some pretty sick stuff though (f-air f-air d-air spike iirc?), so try not to give up on brawl or anything, k? ;D
Ash - hrmm..i don't think i played you at all this time. thanks for bringing recording stuff though... sorry i couldn't put more effort into getting that set up. =\
Karl - good stuff in doubles
James - ditto
Mike H - good job today ;D i would like to buy your nuggets
Adam - i'm sorry luke had to go and mess everything up =( he told me he feels really bad about it though. next time i guess?
Stephan - how did it feel being in a tblock-less pool for once? =P
Keith - mmm....guess i didn't play you either. thanks for all the help running the thing though.
Ryan - ryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyan it was great to meet you. you better come to the next one...i got a lot of stuff i can show you with PT
Shiro - woooo you came - next time i will play other fighters with you so you can kick the crap out of me
Chris - it was great to meet you too - see you in feb, yeah?
Victor - <3 you came ^^ melee was a lot of fun...and i wasn't joking about brawl. stop studying so much so we can play more

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
I had no life on my camcorder

Apple how can you place lower than ME hahahhahahaah

Oh and anytime you guys need tv's let me know =)

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
GG's everyone.

<3 chilling with all you guys.

Yeah screw you mike </3. I'm quitting brawl =P

Jamie = Hax$

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I had a real ****in' rough night. For now, I only have one shoutout in particular.

Alphicans: ... YOU GOT 7TH PLACE WITH ME. 8D

u mad? LOL

Gerbality

Smash Journeyman
haha mike, I look forward to it! thanks for running such a smooth tourney :) The friendly's we had were awesome, your diddy is fierce, and you PT is beautiful ;)
ggs to david and jarret in melee, i still have a fair ways to go to reach either of your levels :p I look forawrd to future melee matches ^_^
ash: I really enjoyed our matches together, I look forward to future marth dittos :D
kelvin: your zelda in the one friendly we had was pretty beastly haha, I enjoyed teams :)
ggs to brandon in the friendly's i'm pretty sure we had, it was nice to meet you anyway :)
thanks for the friendlies colin, your ness is too good
ggs in teams chaos and lime!
thanks so much Jack for teaching me how to DI properly haha :D
Victor: I'm BAAAAAAAAACK!!!!

it was a pleasure to meet all of you :)

edit:shiro, apple was the only one unfortunate enough to not get a bye first round in the loosers bracket :)

T-block

B2B TST
No. 5 Arsenal may have used Zelda as well...does anyone know?

[Snake/MK] 1: Honey Mustard (Dan) ($175.00)
[Marth/Snake] 2: Irish Mayonnaise (Jack) ($50.00)
[Olimar/Pikachu] 3: Frio (Mark) ($25.00)
[Snake/MK] 4: Fiji (Alvin)
[Snake] 5: Lime (Jamie)
[MK] 5: Arsenal (Kelvin)
[GaW/Falco] 7: Alphicans (Luke)
[Sonic] 7: Kuraudo (Brandon)

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
I have just one particular thing to say as well

Im retiring from Brawl, spending so much time looking into TvC taught me how watered down and worthless it is, and my hearts not in the game anymore. Im moving on to something I care more about Im not gonna bother worrying about a bad placing. I may do shout outs later if I feel like it, but dont expect me to be around much, except in Beatdown

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
I looked at the bracket.

I saw Jamie > Luke.

Then I looked again, and I saw Jamie > Jack.

WAT

:005:
1: Honey Mustard (Dan) - You're so **** good at this game, but I shall get you next time after much practice at home against a certain powerhouse of a snake
2: Irish Mayonnaise (Jack) - Thanks for always supporting my Marth, I hope you keep helping me out and one day I shall represent Marth as well as you
3: Frio (Mark) - Your Olimar is soooooo good, also I REALLY need to learn that matchup, I have no freaking clue how to play against Olimar
4: Fiji (Alvin) - you ARE better than your brother apparently haha
5: Lime (Jamie) - ............ BEAST........... that is all
5: Arsenal (Kelvin) - good job in doubles, those were good matches
7: Alphicans (Luke) - seriously luke? you took 7th with brandon?
7: Kuraudo (Brandon) - good job taking 7th with luke haha, and im glad you found your keys
9: Kyle (Kyle) - I don't think i played you or saw a single one of your matches but I heard you were beasting through everyone, gj
9: T-block (Mike) - Thanks for hosting with me mike, we did good, also thanks for offering to buy my nuggets......
9: Colin (Colin) - Rock, Paper, Scissors all time champion of the world!
9: Jordan (Jordan) - Good doubles matches, your DK is soooooo good
13: Herby (Sean) - Man those matches were soooooo close, **** your shine reflector haha
13: Solaris (Jarrett) - Your samus is soooo **** hard to approach, i shall learn new things for next time, so be afraid, be VERY afraid
13: Dragonz (David) - glad you came, keep coming
13: Diminisht (Ash) - those were some good goldfish
17: Bairz (Karl) - **** you in doubles we just can't beat you
17: Red Comet (James) - ditto
17: Zero (Adam) - sux ur stopping, ur so good at the game but you have to enjoy what you play if you wanna do it competitively
17: Yoshara (Stephan) - man your wolf is good, if he drops to low tier in the next tier list, we're all screwed
17: Pyre (Keith) - your getting better fast, next time i wanna see you higher on this list
17: Gerbality (Ryan) - glad you came we had a good doubles match, hope you come next month
17: Shiro (Shiro) - also glad you came, i shall likely enter TvC at alberta beatdown after getting some practice in at my friends house
25: Apple (Chris) - same thing as ryan

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
i thought i was going to get 7th or something seeing as how i went 4-1 in my pool.
but then Dan stopped me...
ARG his Snake is to good!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Pro tips for any new players:

If you're young and you want to tank through the bracket and **** a lot of good players, use a fruit as a name tag.

Also <3333 Maiko =D I can't though, I will fail pretty hard otherwise. :<

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Don't worry about Jamie, Maiko is moving on to Melee now I think. He's not quitting smash, he's just seen the light <3
I have just one particular thing to say as well

Im retiring from Brawl, spending so much time looking into TvC taught me how watered down and worthless it is, and my hearts not in the game anymore. Im moving on to something I care more about Im not gonna bother worrying about a bad placing. I may do shout outs later if I feel like it, but dont expect me to be around much, except in Beatdown
adaaaam-hyuuungggg T^T

T-block

B2B TST
Nah nothing like that... I've always liked Melee, but there's just no one to play it with. And I'm getting very bored of Brawl tbh... not gonna quit or anything, but I'm probably gonna start messing around with other characters. I pulled out GW in a couple of sets yesterday, and it was pretty fun.

Sorry to hear that Adam, but your reasons sound legit, so I'm not gonna try to convince you. Try to drop by once in a while though, k? ^^

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
man i shoulda came to this jamie straight beastin i wanna know what happened. Sorry I bailed buy i couldn't get a ride there or home :(

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
gdit vic stop trying to convert people to meleeism. LOL ♥

... that being said, I gotta play more to get the rust off. I swear, play my Ganon on a good day and you'll have fun. I might hafta drop in to play with you guys.

...but not before Brawl. Gotta reputation to uphold, and Jamie + Twins won't be beating me next time.

Oh! And since Adam is quitting Brawl... Gonna need a teammate again. Wish it could be like old times with Mark again. hahah.

[EDIT]

Also, Jamie. I'll have way more to say when I do shoutouts. But just so you know... You're getting 3-stocked the next time we fight in the bracket. I'm proud of you. I even told people that the next time I fought you it would be a close fight. And I was right.

It's high pressure, but do what you can to fight for that consistency. People would kill for the growth skill that you have.

I almost wanted to switch to Meta Knight for the final round, just so you could beat that and the hype became even more intense. But I'm never giving up Sonic. Thanks for showing me one of the best matches I've ever had in my time of playing this game. This was my #1 favorite fight.

...okay so this ended up becoming a long-winded shoutout. But WHATEVER. What you did before, improve on it...

DO IT AGAIN!!!

Limeee

Smash Champion
haha thanks brandon

but what was with the 3 stocked comment? it didn't really seem lighthearted, i hope you weren't sandbagging in our match.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Don't worry Jamie, it's definitely lighthearted. Can brandon say anything that isn't said lightheartedly? <3 =P

Also, Dan and Jack always have the best team names.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
blame jamie

"i wanna save this 8 minute long replay on luigi's mansion guys"

Limeee

Smash Champion
here's my argument against luigis mansion in point form, too lazy to make paragraghs

- if you get a stocklead, its nearly impossible to kill someone stalling with the huge boundaries
- you say you can break down the building, but brandon would just jump down and punish me for it
- matches there always last forever
- its really ****ing boring
- no one likes weegee anyways
- he was sonic, not MK (MK could probably camp even worse)
- tornado *****
- bananas ****
- in a real match it is very hard to get vertical KO's thanks to the roof
- in a real match you get punished for trying to break the house
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hXspNYm3C4 (please watch the whole video, its under a minute) this could be another tactic to aid stalling
i could think of more, but thats for later

kthx

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Brandon and Jamie's match was INTENSE. The whole crowd stopped playing to watch it, and everyone crowded around the one TV. Oh man...

He got lucky breaks against Luke (lol Pikachu), and Jack (lol frigate), so his match against Brandon was to prove it wasn't just fluke.

MAJOR HYPE!!

Also, if anyone wants to email me their replays off their SD cards, I can cap them and upload them too.

EDIT: Feb. 20th sounds awesome.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
don't hate. Jamie beasted like a champ. No flukes only lukes.

Mark, why do you have to be a walking snake counter and end his run :<

Limeee

Smash Champion
haha mark you knew the match up when i didn't

and legit matches won

2nd against luke

first against jack

first and third against brandon

and besides third against jack was a nice counterpick, so it still counts

Top Bottom