• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2009 Melee Combo Video Awards ~ Step 3: The Final Vote

Choose What Deserves to Be The #1 Melee Combo Video of 2009

• The Axe Effect

Votes: 217 37.1%
  • I Killed Mufasa II

Votes: 239 40.9%
  • Mind Reader

Votes: 129 22.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The winner of this poll will be declared the #1 combo video released to Smashboards in 2009.

It has all come down to this, tell your friends, grab some popcorn, dim the lights and marvel in the glory of these three videos. There can only be one winner. Judge videos based on the video editing and presentation, entertainment value, and how ****** awesome these combos are!

THE AXE EFFECT

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SGTWI2f6AIE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SGTWI2f6AIE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

I KILLED MUFASA II

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PDNJv92TCjk&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PDNJv92TCjk&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

MIND READER

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yxgk2NfqOoM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yxgk2NfqOoM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
NICE! I definitely approve of the top 3 videos! Awesome stuff, it's gonna be a tough choice.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Mind Reader.

Great combos, great music, great video editing, DARKRAIN. Can't ask for any more than that.

Cort

Apple Head
Mind Reader was fairly mediocre, not gonna lie. Slow paced, repetitive combos and poor editing (constantly showing Falcon edge hogging people when they are blatantly going to die, etc.)

IKM2 or gtfo

<3 Axe though

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
I watched them all again.

Axe and Darkrain have better starts. I also think that their music choices worked best. Not to say Scar's was a bad one, but in comparison just not as good.

I think mindreader is great. IF it were just the first part. Not to say darkrain isnt enjoyable to watch but I disliked the music choice for the second part. The music being poor makes me watch only the first part of the video.

Axe's combo video i thought was the best for just the start, but after watching just the first part i was rather bored with the video.

Scars IKM2 was really good. I didn't like that the quality wasn't matching, but you can't have it your way all the time. The falcon kick thing is cool and fun, but i thought it was just too much.

Overall if mindreader and axe effect were only 3-4 minutes long, i'd say they were the best.

My vote goes to IKM2. I'm entertained the whole way through and the music is enjoyable the whole way through. I also felt like his combos were the most diverse.

Tamoo

Smash Master
It was such a hard choice for me between scar and axe. Both were beastly vids. I was rather underwhelmed with Mind reader tbh, Darkrain is a lot better than the quality of that video imo. I had to choose scar simply because I think that it was the first time that I was actually like wtf at some of the combos, so much flair, precision and inginuity, that i couldn't vote for anyone else. Good luck scar, keep ****** :)

N64

Smash Champion
I'm AXEing myself which video had the greatest EFFECT on the melee community. THE choice is clear!

har har.

Each is fantastic tbh.

tw1n

Smash Champion
The Axe Effect overall has the best quality, creativeness, and combos. So thats why I voted for it...

Plus I love Axe!!! Too good!

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
The Axe Effect is hands down the most original up there. Look at the amazing editing V3ctorman did on it! IKMII and mindreader both look the same and have similar combos in them. But the Axe Effect is creative and goes outside of the box.

<3 Scar and Darkrain.

But my vote goes to Axe. <3 ya buddy

:link:

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
My vote goes for Axe :) Really liked the editing and his Pika is a beast :)

john!

Smash Hero
I'm honestly not voting because I can't decide. But yeah, definitely 3 of the best videos this year.

Although IKM2 had the best combos overall, I feel like most of them weren't tourney matches... come on I don't care WHO you are, you don't offstage reverse knee stage spike to dair on your last stock against Cactuar in tourney.

UWOcho

Smash Apprentice
I liked the combos in each vid but the issue for me is length of the videos. Combo vids should be 3-5 minutes otherwise they will get boring and redundant.
My vote goes to Axe because the editing was absolutely brilliant and its not often you come across a pikachu video

but florida falcon shenanigans shoulda won

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom