• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chibo & Bnzaaa Present: BLIZZARD! Feb 7th Philly, PA @ Temple

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

BLIZZARD!

Gonna be some cold snowy weather this weekend, but that doesn't mean we can't smash it up right??

February 7th (Sunday) 2010
Time: 12:00pm
Address: 1755 N. 13th Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19122 (When you walk in the main doors just make a right and you'll see the game room, can't miss it)
$2 Venue
$10 Singles
$20 per team Doubles

I'm gonna do the AlphaZealot method for this, read up on the ideas here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259102

There will be eliminating pools (or not eliminating if less than 16 show up). Pools will eliminate to an even number bracket (16, 24, or 32)

Basic rules (more following BBR ruleset) - 3 stock 8 minute time
MK is allowed
No stalling rules - except no CGs past 300%

Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick:
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Payouts:
Singles - 48/22/14/8/4/4
Doubles - 55/30/15

BRING SETUPS
I especially need Wiis. We have 3 TVs already but only 2 Wiis.
~Can someone drive my TVs from my apartment to the venue? I'll give you like a free $5 to take em there and back. I have 2 TVs at my place with no ride to the venue.

Transportation

Get on the Broad Street Line and get off at Cecil B Moore and ul be like 2 blocks away. If your driving use google.com/maps
Parking - I'm not too sure about, never driven here before. Standard Philly parking, just drive around and look for a spot. Pay attention to the street signs to know if it's legal or not to park there.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
on temple's campus? i won't be there, but you guys should get qdoba.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Everyone watch out, this is Max's home turf

Will he take home the first place prize now that MK has been unleashed?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
It almost looks like Kaylo and I have the same avatars lol!

It would be lovely if Max came to this.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
It almost looks like Kaylo and I have the same avatars lol!

It would be lovely if Max came to this.
Rofl. You're right.

Also, I have yet to meet Max..... Max, if you're reading this..... there's a nice girl here who would love the chance to finally meet you...... :lick:

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Niiiice. Hopefully it doesn't snow too bad. If not, then expect a few Kings Court members to be there!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea dont worry, im not gonna make any stupid calls about the snow. if its not safe for ppl to make it on sat, it will be delayed until sunday. im keeping a close watch to the forecast and will decide tonight.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
I heard that we're getting a lot of snow. It may be difficult to get around, but who knows.

I'm going to give this I try, I haven't gone to many tournies so this'll be good offline experience.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Idk, we might luck out tbh, I'm keeping a close watch on the snow.

It's so light right now, it's like less than a flurry, and sometimes it's almost rain. It's really not that cold outsde. It's also not sticking to the ground atm.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
remember ppl bring setups

edit: another option could be delaying the tourney but still holding it on saturday, starting at like 3 or 4pm instead of 1.

il also see if we can do a draft crew battle or somethin

edit: snow update - still very light flurry. sticking to cars but not to the streets or sidewalk.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The snow will be done by like 5pm on Saturday. With all of the time for plow trucks and what not, it will be fine on Sunday. Still keeping tabs on the weater, it's definitely starting to accumulate :/

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Bump

Ok the snow is just getting to be too much atm. However, as the forecast is updating its seeming to be not as bad as originally thought. The snow is also going to ending earlier on Saturday as originally though.

Instead of delaying the tourney for now until Sunday, we are going to push back the tournament by 4 hours to give some more time for the snow to stop and the plow trucks to get to work. The tournament will begin at 5pm.

If I determine the snow is too bad tomorrow morning when I wake up, I will postpone it until Sunday.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Honestly, I'd just push it back to Sunday.

Nobody's gonna wanna drive tomorrow. x.x

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
This forecast is all over the place, so it's just a last ditch effort to not have to hold it on Super Bowl Sunday. If it's too bad tomorrow then it won't be tomorrow

were like half way through the storm now it seems and its only been snowing for like 4 hours

iv been refreshing the weather like every half hour and it keeps ending earlier and earlier tomorrow

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Yeah, you definitely don't want to push it back to sunday. Tournament on Super Bowl Sunday = Ultimate Fail.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh, ****, I forgot Sunday is the Super Bowl. (I don't watch football, sue me, girl johns.)

Dunno what to tell you, then, but Steph already said he probably won't go if it's tomorrow.... and Matt's car was actin kinda ****ed up tonight, so if it's tomorrow, I dunno how many from UFB will be there.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
You guys live in Philly

There's a subway.

All I'm hearing is johns.

I'm not rly hyped about the Super Bowl either (no Eagles) and I doubt too many of the other ppl will watch it tbh, but it can effect some of the attendance.

Afterall, Pound 3 was during the Super Bowl iirc.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Nobody wants to go out in the snow and on SEPTA for a bum *** last-minute tournament, lol.

If it comes down to public trans, I can tell you for sure that none of UFB is showing up.

Hopefully it doesn't, because I'd like to go, I'm just letting you know so you can get a feel for the head count.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Septas not bad :/ I take it to all of ur guys things

Also (I'm still awake btw), it's not lookin too good for Saturday tbh. But out of everyone coming, how many ppl are football fans rooting for one of the 2 teams lol

jbandrew

Smash Lord
15 inches of snow in the yardd 15 inches of snowww. Take one down! Pass it Around!! 15 inches of snow on the yaaard! <3

Top Bottom