• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Situational infinite on a wall (Guide posted)

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
This lock is pretty situational. You need to be quite close to your opponent and your opponent has to be quite close to the wall. Some characters can not be locked against the wall at all (like Snake).

There are two different methods of locking, depending on the stage.

Method

This lock works on pretty much all walls that is perpendicular to the ground.

GT forward > grab and pummel(1) > pick up banana(2) > throw banana(3) > grab and pummel(1) etc.

(1) Make sure opponent is right against the wall. If he's not auto ground releasing, you're too far from the wall. To prevent this, it is important that you take a few steps forward before each grab.
(2) Pick up the banana right after your opponent trips over it.
(3) Normal throw or C-stick throw is fine. Make sure you don't glidetoss.

Here's an example of Pikachu on Pokemon Stadium 1 (fire transformation)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi0R6GCsmsI

Here I screwed up because I didn't take a few steps forward before grabbing (which led to Pikachu not auto ground releasing and escaping).

List of perpendicular walls:

Pokemon Stadium 1
  • Fire transformation - only on the right side of the tree. Left side of the tree does not work.
  • Rock transformation - needs testing
Delfino Plaza
  • All transformations with a wall, except the the big yellow transformation.
PictoChat
  • Use your imagination.
Frigate
  • When the platform is low
Rainbow Cruise
  • Flying boat thingy
  • Area at the top before you go back to the boat

The Corneria wall

The Corneria wall is different due to the fact that the wall slightly curves away. As far as I'm aware, there's no other type of wall like this. Don't bother learning this if the tournaments in your region bans Corneria.

GT forwards > grab and pummel(1) > pick up banana(2) > throw(3) > grab and pummel(1) > grab and pummel(1) > pickup banana(2) > throw etc.

(1) Make sure your opponent is right against the wall. If he's not auto ground releasing, you're too far from the wall. To prevent this, it is important that you take a few steps forward before the grab.
(2) Pick up the banana right after your opponent trips over it. Pretty much just right after it leaves the ground.
(3) Normal throw or C-stick throw is fine. Make sure you don't glidetoss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWZNy-03xDY

List of Characters who can and cannot be Locked

Those who can be locked are in green
Those who cannot be locked are in red

Those who are untested are white

Bowser
Captain Falcon
Charizard
DDD
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Falco
Fox**
Ganon
Ice Climbers
Ike
Ivysaur
Jigglypuff
Kirby
Link
Lucario
Lucas*
Luigi
Mario
Marth
Meta Knight
Mr Game and Watch
Ness*
Olimar
Peach
Pikachu
Pit
R.O.B
Samus
Shiek
Snake
Sonic
Squirtle
Toon Link
Wario
Wolf**
Yoshi (needs further testing)
Zelda

* Since these characters have an extra 10 frames when they break out, you can infinite them against a wall without a nana.
** You can't lock these charcters, but a dtilt lock up to a certain percent is possible.

Still got more to write and test.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Single Naner Wall Lock. Not sure if anyone knew about this but I didn't. Pretty cool yet probably useless.

ADHD

Smash Hero
This is different from the snl, so it should be labeled something different. It's random as hell lol but funny. The only thing I can think of is if you want to kill someone on delfino where the small area with the two walls occur as the main platform is rising back up.

Jem.

Smash Master
Thats pretty neat, but I don't really see it being something to worry about as an opposing player, or something to want to do or think about.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
there are walls in frigate/delfino/pokemon stadium/rainbow so it can be useful to know.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yea alot of stupid **** happens on pictochat. we also ban japes, distant planet, almost rainbow cruise. etc. we basically play neutrals here...MAN STAGES

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
yea alot of stupid **** happens on pictochat. we also ban japes, distant planet, almost rainbow cruise. etc. we basically play neutrals here...MAN STAGES
that sucks :3, I'd feel so bored, lol. Here only stages like luigi's mansion, norfair, etc. is banned(not rc though), and if both players agree, we can play on any stage :3. they played on hyrule last time xDD.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
I guess i love the MW region cause we have aaaall the janky stages. mansion, picto, norfair japes, all is good in the land of the janky stages(midwest)

wait why is norfair banned in your area kenny?

also does this work with other walls and on other characters? cause i know the corneria wall is kinda funky...also thats a janky stage thats actually not legal in the midwest...weird.

Toneh

Smash Lord
i duno how u guys figure this stuff out.
Hopefully the rest of that list turns green lol

I guess i love the MW region cause we have aaaall the janky stages. mansion, picto, norfair japes, all is good in the land of the janky stages(midwest)
we had em on till stupid stuff happened

Top Bottom