• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darklink Presents "The Power Rank Decision" FEB 13th Tempe, AZ: RESULTS

Brawl Singles

1 (Split): The Sage of Disney (Atomsk) MK/Kirby
1 (Split): The Sage of Shadow (Darklink) MK
3: The Sage of Hawk & Blood Type (Bloodhawk) Snake/Lucario
4: The Sage of Civil Rights (Kiraflax) Rob/Pit
5: Lonewolf (Marth/MK)
6: The Sage of Spirals (Justin Kamikaze) (Mk/Snake)
7: Arod (MK)
7: The Sage of Scrambled Eggs (Hadesblade) Yoshi
9: Yummy (Pikachu/Mk)
9: Swoops (Ganondorf)
9: Burt (Snake)
9: TommyDerMeister (Snake)
13: arnone
13: The Sage of Silliness (Silly Kyle)
13: DerpDaBerp
13: real ai
17: xxwolfwoodxx1
17: Zardus
17: Rain
17: Death

Brawl Doubles
1: Punch a Lion (Darklink and Atomsk)
2: Solo Mid (Wobbles and Justin)
3: Dino Negro (Hades Blade and KiraFlax)
4: According to El Paso I carried Wobbles so thats why this team is good + Bloodhawk (Bloodhawk and Jard)
5: Delicious Death (Death and Yummi)
5: Lonely Rain (Rain and Lonewolf)
7: I don't know (Arod and Yan)
7: Double Penetration (Silly Kyle and Duff0)
9: DerpWood (Derpdaberp XXwolfwoodXX1)

One of the best tournaments so far! Shoutouts to come later

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
1: Atomsk- It was nice meeting you. It was amazing that you could lift me, but you did take some recoil damage, so it's ok. I'm sad you used Kirby on me though.

1: Darklink- Thanks for hosting again. I love you.

3 :Bloodhawk- We didn't play each other, too bad....

4: Kiraflax- We finally got to play, all I care about is that I got that airdodge instant throw gyro kill on you.

6: Justin Kamikaze- It was nice to have you stay for the whole tourney this time. We had a good time watching some of that AMV Hell stuff together.

7: Arod- wortheless

7: Hadesblade- I will beat you someday.

9: Yummy- f***ing Ninjas dude...

9: Swoops- I love you for beating Kyle, too bad we didn't play any Tekken this time, and thanks for bringing my controller back :)

9: Burt (Snake)- Snake dittos are cool, because Snake is so manly.

9: TommyDerMeister Hell Yeah.

13: Silly Kyle- Well done, sir.

13: DerpDaBerp- You played many Snake matches. against Jar'd, Blood Hawk and Justin. Why you gotta be like that?

13: real ai- Even if someone bans the stage you were hoping to go to, you must know that there are other great stages for your character. Take time if you need to counterpick a stage, think about your character's strengths and weaknesses, and your opponent's character's strengths and weaknesses. It will take time to find out what works on who on what stages. Don't get too down on yourself brother.

17: Death- GG's during pools dude, too bad you couldn't stay for bracket.

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
Shout out to the melee playerz, lots of fun getting my arse kicked :)

lonewolf537

Smash Journeyman
1 (Split): The Sage of Disney (Atomsk) MK/Kirby splitting? wtf
1 (Split): The Sage of Shadow (Darklink) MK splitting? wtf
3: The Sage of Hawk & Blood Type (Bloodhawk) Snake/Lucario i guess i should use mk against you from now on.
4: The Sage of Civil Rights (Kiraflax) Rob/Pit one of these days...
5: Lonewolf (Marth/MK) **** man, you was like DR. tran, giving out the hot dickings.
6: The Sage of Spirals (Justin Kamikaze) (Mk/Snake) you seemed kind of frustrated...
7: The Sage of Scrambled Eggs (Hadesblade) (Yoshi) it appears as if i finally figured that yoshi out.
9: Swoops (Ganondorf) ganondorf is so legit
13: The Sage of Silliness (Silly Kyle) peach is legit
17: Rain **** man, forfeit less.

AXE 09

Smash Master
alright, so what i mostly wanna say is...

Kira, dude... i'm really sorry for the way we all treated you when we were at ihop. Seriously guys, wtf. NO ONE should EVER be treated that badly. he didn't deserve it. at first, i could understand. some name-calling here and there, and even he was laughing about it. but it went WAY too far when it came to his drink. i don't want to specify the names that were involved, but everyone should know who this is directed towards

guys, i understand what it feels like to be treated like that, and it's NOT fun. Kira, i really hope you'll accept my appologies for the way we all treated you. in my head, the entire time i wanted to warn you about your drink, but in person i really don't have what it takes to speak up. i wanted to say all of this in person, but it's not that easy for me.

everyone... don't treat him like that. it's not right. if anyone's been treated in a similar way, i'm sure they could vouch for me when i say that it's not the slightest bit funny when you're the one being messed with. everyone here should be treated with respect, including kira. you guys went way too far this time. kira, i'm sorry for the way we all treated you, and i pray that this never happens again

lonewolf537

Smash Journeyman
alright, so what i mostly wanna say is...

Kira, dude... i'm really sorry for the way we all treated you when we were at ihop. Seriously guys, wtf. NO ONE should EVER be treated that badly. he didn't deserve it. at first, i could understand. some name-calling here and there, and even he was laughing about it. but it went WAY too far when it came to his drink. i don't want to specify the names that were involved, but everyone should know who this is directed towards

guys, i understand what it feels like to be treated like that, and it's NOT fun. Kira, i really hope you'll accept my appologies for the way we all treated you. in my head, the entire time i wanted to warn you about your drink, but in person i really don't have what it takes to speak up. i wanted to say all of this in person, but it's not that easy for me.

everyone... don't treat him like that. it's not right. if anyone's been treated in a similar way, i'm sure they could vouch for me when i say that it's not the slightest bit funny when you're the one being messed with. everyone here should be treated with respect, including kira. you guys went way too far this time. kira, i'm sorry for the way we all treated you, and i pray that this never happens again
i missed it, what happened?

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Besides more specific shoutouts I'd like to express a more broad concern. I'd like to just say thanks to those of you who afford your time to helping me practice and to thank you for your patience when doing so. All johns aside, it's my hope that, with your help, I'll be able to compete more effectively and to ween myself out of auto-pilot play. If for nothing else, I want to be able to make our competition more entertaining and less tedious.
Here's to progress.

Atomsk: Thanks for the advice dude, your a pretty cool guy.
Darklink: Thanks for hosting. See you in Tucson. And I look forward to eventually going up Friday to party with you guys.
Bloodhawk: Much love, bro. I always enjoy playing you.
Kiraflax: Your music hacks are too funny. GGs
Lonewolf: Wow, good ****
Justin Kamikaze: You're such a talented player, your participation is always enjoyed by everyone
Arod: **** Arod :)
Hadesblade: So awesome
Swoops: You really never cease to impress, using your talent with Ganon is an honorable endeavor indeed
Burt: Sorry for exclaiming so after our match. RIVALRY HYPE
TommyDerMeister: Congrats on placing better than me for once ;)
Silly Kyle: No need to remind you of the results, at least you know that your placing this way is more a fluke than anything.
xxwolfwoodxx1: I don't think the team is that great :(. Good friendlies though :)
Rain: Good ****
Death: Yeah it's too bad you had to leave, good mathces, maybe not so much DK

@Speed: enter next time PREEAAAAASE!
@Duffy: wtf, you can't not enter, YOU'RE AN ADEPT
@Jar'd: I always enjoy talking with you. Thanks for the friendlies for so long lol
@Axe: The humblest of all pros, you're such a cool person.
@Tai: Teach me Marth sometime
@Guy that drove me to IHOP: I'm SO sorry I can't remember your name, I know it starts with a 'C', lol. You seem like You're a really chill guy

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
Atomsk: I love you! Thanks for the tips and pushing my confidence, your a good man <3
Darklink: My munchkin <3
BloodHawk: Good job I knew you could rise above just stay positive all our practice has paid off
Kira: I honestly don't know what to say to you lol
Lonewolf: Yea I wasn't really in the mood to play why I kept doing dumb things and gave you the match but you have improved so much good job on beating Hades and hope you keep placing high!
Arod: Good example of a low tier player picking up MK and ****** and placing well good job mayne
Hades: Sorry for playing gay no hard feelings hope the recordings help you out with improving on some things.
TommyDerMeister: Glad I stayed for once it was sooooooooo much fun!
Silly Kyle: Your such a great guy one day I will smoke with you!
DerpDaBerp: I like your attitude towards this game keep it up and you will start placing top 5 in no time honest ;o
Real AI: Work on your Falco and just camp more like I said we need a pro Falco player here so step it up
Zardus: Love you Yan <3
Rain: You're Link is fun to play but than again its Link lol

I had lots of fun and actually enjoyed myself for once in a long time hope to keep doing so in the future. I will claim my rightful place to #1 one day well after something happens to Chris that is :3

Duff0

Smash Ace
If you didnt have any money shoulda asked me. I can front a few people every once in a while.
Eh. Chris would have payed for me if I REALLY wanted to enter, but I would rather have just chilled like I did.

But thanks though.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I really only have one thing to say for this tourney:

Chris, stop being a douche to Kira. I'm not kidding. I do not care what ******* excuses you come up with or how much you claim he deserves it. You are mean to him, tell him to shut up, yell at him, call him stupid, cheer against him just to frustrate him, and order him around. Cut it out, or the next time I am around when it happens I will literally slap the **** out of you. I honestly do not care if you were a wrestler in high-school and can probably take me out without blinking. I will ****ing smack you.

This is not a joke. Almost every word I heard out of your mouth that was directed towards or about Kira was negative. You are embarrassing yourself and everybody else by association. If I were Kira, I would never, ever hang out with you.

Stop.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
~Shoutouts~

Atomsk: Thanks so much for all the tips. It was awesome meeting you and all that jazz. Had a great time talking with you when we did. Glad you decided to ride in my car on the way to IHOP, much shenanigans to be had. You'll have to PM me that picture you took of me, I'm curious to see how it came out. Have a safe trip back to New Jersey man. I only wish we would have gotten to play more. Come back to visit us in AZ sometime soon.

Darklink: It never fails. I always get knocked out by you in tourney. Thank you so much for all the practice this week. It has really helped me work out a lot of kinks in my game. Much appreciated.

Bloodhawk: Keep it up dude. You are getting so much better. :3

Kiraflax: Kira, we are officially rivals now. Set score now tied at 2-2. It's about time I surpassed my block against you. We always have intense matches and I look forward to many more. Your Rob is great. Keep up the nice work my brother.

Lonewolf: Wow man, you did work this tournament. Great job. Your MK did much better against me. I know Marth waaaaaay too well from all the practice Duffy gives me. x3

Arod: Nice job finally upping the tier of your character. It shows. Keep up the nice work dude.

HadesBlade: Didn't get to play you, but your Yoshi is ****ing amazing as always. <3 Hades even though he's never ever played an RTS in his life. I mean, the kid doesn't even own a computer... Also, I hate you sooooo much for all that sweet & low you made me ingest. Guess it's payback for all the ones I made you eat. lol

Swoops: **** Ganon. Also, **** me in TvC will you? Once I get my Wii back I'll actually practice and pose somewhat of a threat. Count on it.

TommyDerMeister: Tommy, you never cease to make me laugh. Always a pleasure to have you around.

Silly Kyle: Don't sweat it. I know you are more than capable of placing higher. You just had a bad run. It happens to the best of us. Just pick it up and bring it back next time. We are going to **** the teamsies next tourney. ;3

DerpDaBerp: Anytime you ever want advice or practice on a match up, hit me up man. My knowledge is your knowledge. Use me to improve whenever you can. Random doubles partners for life yo!

Real ai: Nice Falco man. You got the basics down now just improve on it. You really aren't bad for not owning a Wii.

Zardus: Yan, I freaking love you even though you made me take a spoonful of Tabasco. You're a jerk. Nah, I'm kidding. Much love for you. Hope you liked all that sweet & low from my amazing table top sugar packet game skills. Next time we are going to team, so you don't have to be on the same side as the ****. I'm always game for LAN parties whenever, and thanks so much for that game code for Arcanum. It's taking all of my free time now. lol

Rain: I love your Link, it's so legit. Epic matches. Your Link had some amazing tricksies.

Wobbles: Robbles, teach me your Melee ways! I want to become your apprentice, you dig? Always a pleasure seeing you, you are so funny. I was laughing my *** off at grand finals when you were 2v1ing Chris and Atomsk. Did I ever tell you your Mario in Melee makes me fanboygasm?

Duffy: Zeroest of all Duffs, thy name is Rugodat. Always a pleasure man. We seem to always have the best conversations. Looking forward to hanging with you more. Hit me up for more friendlies next time.

Javier: Javier es muy bueno. We did decent even though we didn't mesh very well at all. With all the team kills and stupid stock losses. Besides all that, we didn't do too bad. Mucho amor me amigo.

Axe: Axe, I'm totally playing Melee with you next time. Don't let me forget. When you guys take a trip down to Tucson and I have nothing going, hit me up. I'd love to ride down with you guys.

Tai (Oscar): Oscar, you are my favorite. I always enjoy your company when you come down to hang out with us. Next time, I'm playing Melee for sursies. BTW. I'm NOT a Krusty Krabb. xD My name is PATRICK!

Special Shoutout

Justin Kamikaze: Thank you for always believing in me Justin. It really does mean a lot to me. Out of all the players in AZ, you were the one who always told me I could do amazing and bestowed so much confidence in me. I finally feel I'm playing at a level I can be proud of. Don't give up either. You are such a smart player. Don't let a few losses get to you, you'll figure it out. I believe in you as you believe in me.

That why you're a major **** to me.

Nothing wrong with me truly wanting Justin and Bloodhawk to win. and
others treat him a lot worse

You just happened to be there at every wrong time.

but to your request, since I respect you, I'll work on it more, since I'm older than most and need to be more mature. Although MANY are guilty of this crime, I need to set an example

Tell me in real life next time, don't wait to post on a message board.

p.s. Kira got 30 dollars for cleaning my house

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
@wobbles. I appreciate your post, But i wish it could have come sooner. Also ill say that Chris shouldn't be fully blamed for everything. The primary source is equally everyone excluding some people. I'm just saying you forgot to mention many others as well. Many thanks to you wobbles for support.

Gah777

Smash Lord
just looking at the results, this tourney seemed soooooooooooo weird...

but the smashfest on friday was fun

Assertive and Bossy right?

Wobbles I'm going to have to slap the **** out of you if you target me like usual rather than everyone.
Oh wait, being a hard-*** online is inappropriate
So i take that back

JK, Much love

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
You're the community leader, Chris. Power ranking discussions, top player, hosting smashfests and tournaments. You set the example and tone for the rest of the community, so yes, I'm targeting you.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
C'mon guys, AZ's about love (among other things). Let's all calm down. The only target of scorn should be Miles :p

I AM an Adept. THE token Adept of AZ, sir.
I do believe there's still a matter of fisticuffs to determine your fate. ;)

Duff0

Smash Ace
I happen to be guilty with making fun of Kira a lot as well. More than most, actually.

Me and him have been rivals lately for the past few tournaments. But we've always been cool, and we're still cool.

I guess it's kind of a different way that I show respect to him.

Death01

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mahuwah
3DS FC
3282-4075-7165
I had fun at this event and it was really something to play against Atomsk even though he killed me. I figured out that for my mains I am going to be in this order 1. MK. 2. King D3. and my secondaries will be 3. Snake. 4. Falco/Random chars. just because I think the variety is good.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
I had fun at this event and it was really something to play against Atomsk even though he killed me. I figured out that for my mains I am going to be in this order 1. DDD. 2. DDD. and my secondaries will be 3. DDD. 4.DDD/Random chars but mainly/only DDD. just because I think the variety is good.
fix'd for truthyness

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I'm first? Aww. I didn't even poison his drink. :(

Hopefully there isn't a direct correlation between the make fun of and want to stab in the throat PR.

Top Bottom