• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Silver: New Banner: Animators desperatley needed

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman

Animators have computer issues and can't animate. Animators, plz help us.

We are still in the VERY beginning faze, but we need some help.

WE NEED AN ANIMATOR!!!

move list:
B- Stun Chop
>B-Psychic Wave
vB- shock bracelet
^B- Heart of Wind

Official Stage:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ln4dz2zzewd
(thnx to mewtwo 2000 for helping me with this stage)

Team:
Suren-leader, alt texturer, idea maker, import animation...er (once he gets ahold of them)
Plasmakirby- PSA, Idea maker
NerdwithanAfro- animator#1 unable to hack for a while

WE NEED ANIMATORS

pwn&watch13

Smash Rookie
Link this to the Fully New Character Archive. Plenty of good animators hang around there.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
does it rly matter?

will do
It doesnt matter. If its understood then you got your point across just ignore him. Anyways, put the link to the Silver project in your signature too and we might get more people to notice this thread.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
nice banner! I cant animate for **** lol, but you have my support!

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I've made a few animations for Silver in the past but I trashed them cause I found out that, at the time, Silver wasn't able to be put over anyone.
If I remember, I only had:
Waiting pose - Like Mario's trophy pose, but his back hand is raised higher
Walk - Sonic's
Dash - Silver's
Turn - Super Sonic's
F-Air - Ness' F-Air with 1 hand

I could try to recreate them.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
I've made a few animations for Silver in the past but I trashed them cause I found out that, at the time, Silver wasn't able to be put over anyone.
Walk - Sonic's
Dash - Silver's
Turn - Super Sonic's

Were currently using silvers model from the Winter Olympic games. He will have "some" preset animations from it already. As far as that goes he already has a run and walk when I receive the animations from RandomTBush. All we really need are probably attack animations.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Walk - Sonic's
Dash - Silver's
Turn - Super Sonic's

we hope to re-create some animations from sonic 06 . if you could do that, that would be great. you'd need to go to youtube, or talk to Suren prolly to know what the attacks are like, unless you own the game

ikian

Smash Rookie
question >.<

in the thread of Fully new chars etc.. razanak make an "animation" example of the shadow model from M&SOWG and he looks very bad for some reason (i mean the quality) and.. if you gonna use the silver model from there.. silver gonna looks similar?

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
question >.<

in the thread of Fully new chars etc.. razanak make an "animation" example of the shadow model from M&SOWG and he looks very bad for some reason (i mean the quality) and.. if you gonna use the silver model from there.. silver gonna looks similar?
not sure. i haven't seen the model used in-game or anything yet. Suren has ahold of the model.

i pm'd randomtbush about animations, he said he got side tracked. he is working on getting animations now. we should be able to post pics before too long.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
not sure. i haven't seen the model used in-game or anything yet. Suren has ahold of the model.

i pm'd randomtbush about animations, he said he got side tracked. he is working on getting animations now. we should be able to post pics before too long.
Thank you PlasmaKirby. That is worth 9000 YESZ! I'd link you 6:00 of Captain Falcon saying YESZ but it wouldn't nearly be the equivalent to how I could thank you. You would have to watch it at least 100 times.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
yea, we were only gonna use the brawl model if something goes wrong.

btw, u best put knux over someone else. i haz another project going over pika
Actually I was waiting for someone to be able to add bones. This actually makes things much more interesting. We already have costumes for the GHZ model and it would make our job much simpler if we just use the green hill zone model from brawl for now until we can figure out how to fix up errors with the winter olympic games silver. What do you think PlasmaKirby?

edit: When I get home from work Ive got to finish up some homework and I'll be ready to start up some hard work on this project.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
i rly dont care. it depends when the bone adder iz available, rly. an wouldn't the animating part be easier with the M&SOWG model? sure, the texture would look neater with brawl model

also, almost done with a special suprise

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
The Official Stage of Silver the Hedgehog iz here! I present...Crisis City!

it has the lava effects from norfair too. it does still need some work. the fallen buildings need re-textured or something. the bottom building iz supposed to go as a walk off, but brawl box hates me and won't move it...for nao. also, if everyone separates, buildings in the back cover the screen for a sec. isn't that bad though. DL later

Suren

Smash Journeyman
The Official Stage of Silver the Hedgehog iz here! I present...Crisis City!
it has the lava effects from norfair too. it does still need some work. the fallen buildings need re-textured or something. the bottom building iz supposed to go as a walk off, but brawl box hates me and won't move it...for nao. also, if everyone separates, buildings in the back cover the screen for a sec. isn't that bad though. DL later
Very nice work. I was going to ask about that. Very much YESZ going on for you this week huh Plasma?

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
lol. well until we can decide exactly wat we're going to do for the model/ get a model and animations started i've had time to do a lot.

look for new moon island in stage hacking thread within the next couple of days

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Finally glad to see this topic is getting more posts.

highfive

Smash Lord
As a reward for making such good progress on this and because I'm random:

I've made you this sig. Save it, upload it to your photo sharing account or just get the link from this one, I hope you use it. If not, meh. Either way congrats.

It's 100 by 600 hundred but will still fit your signature easily.

EDIT- Not clickable.

blaze1216j

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blaze1216j
Switch FC
0463-6711-5134
I can't wait for silver to join the brawl =)

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
If you need recolors or a CSS Pack, I'm your guy. (intrepedcognito is also a "texturer for hire" lol) After I finish one last texture for the Volnutt project, I can help. Nice stage, even though I don't own StH2006 :)

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
As a reward for making such good progress on this and because I'm random:

I've made you this sig. Save it, upload it to your photo sharing account or just get the link from this one, I hope you use it. If not, meh. Either way congrats.

It's 100 by 600 hundred but will still fit your signature easily.

EDIT- Not clickable.
Whats my new sig once its clickable? You are, yes you are.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
lol. well until we can decide exactly wat we're going to do for the model/ get a model and animations started i've had time to do a lot.

look for new moon island in stage hacking thread within the next couple of days
Well its pretty rough figuring out which of the models we should use. I want to say the green hill zone one because the textures are finished, we have no issues with dissapearing, texture errors, or anything else like that with this model...but we also will lack facial expressions which will bug me to death. On the other model, it has many errors that need fixed by brawl box model builder, resized, not to mention we need the higher quality model from the Winter Olympic Games. But the bright side of this is that the animations wont be nearly as hard on this model from having alot of ported animations from winter olympic games.

Sentony

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if this questions been asked, but if you need animations, what's stopping you from renaming the bones and using sonics animations?

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this questions been asked, but if you need animations, what's stopping you from renaming the bones and using sonics animations?
for me, im horrible with animating. you'd have to ask suren probably, or the animator, once we get one. if it really is that simple then couldn't we use the brawl model, and use animations from M&S model by renaming them?

also, once i get new moon island working perfectly, i plan to start on the silver psa.

btw, should we replace peach? it would be much easier to get him to float.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Well for one, we don't want Sonic's animations. We want Silver's animations. Secondly renaming the bones doesn't always work. If just renaming the bones is all we have to do then we would have already been done with the project if we wanted the easy way out (which I'm sure Plasma doesn't want the easy way out as much as I don't).

At this point it would be more reasonable to just add bones to the green hill zone silver or use the winter olympic games silver and give either of them custom animations. So far its leaning towards the Olympic games due to how the animations will play out better sense there are already preset animations for him in the game.

Edit: When did we discuss him being able to float?...Meh its a good idea though, I've thought about that myself. But the point still remains is how are we going to get him to turn into Super Silver if we can't get him to transform as a final smash on other characters?

Side Note: Also once the model builder is finished. I may need some help "brawl-ifying" the texture because the coloration comes out weird because of some dark mask over the Olympic game characters, and I can't figure out how to get rid of it because even after I delete it, it says it's still there. He appears to be more white than "silver" in the brawls green hill version of himself. His texture lay out is much different in the winter olympics so yea. I may easily be able to do it myself but it would be nice to have some small assistance on touching up the texture when the time comes.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
if we can get an animator, im up for the brawl model, definatley. i think we should go for the brawl model. we'll still have to do some animating no matter wat, im sure. plus, it'll look neater

Suren

Smash Journeyman
if we can get an animator, im up for the brawl model, definatley. i think we should go for the brawl model. we'll still have to do some animating no matter wat, im sure. plus, it'll look neater
But the lack of facial animation will bug the **** out of me. Anyway we can fix that?

EDIT: Plus the Winter olympics Silver will look TONS better when Kryal gets that Model builder done. We can probably use the high polygon model then instead of the low polygon. Then all we have to do is port the animations that RandomTBush gives us into that high polygon model and PSA the rest.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
hey, im not the animator here...
It was a rhetorical question. XD What Im saying though is that the animations of the face would probably have to include more add on to silver. We would have to find out how to get him to blink and figure out how his mouth can move. Sense he has neither there is no facial expression. Its not even animation anymore...its more or less figuring out how we can cycle textures to make it look like he is blinking and moving his mouth. Much like Toon Link.

blaze1216j

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blaze1216j
Switch FC
0463-6711-5134
well, wait isn't there somewhere in brawl box that you can add facial expressions to character faces?

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
Well then, it would seem as one of my favorite leaders (Plasmakirby) needs an animator. i know little to nothing about silver except that i am willing to animate him for you guys, and that i can make him float (while still technically being on the ground).

Top Bottom