• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Silver: New Banner: Animators desperatley needed

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Well then, it would seem as one of my favorite leaders (Plasmakirby) needs an animator. i know little to nothing about silver except that i am willing to animate him for you guys, and that i can make him float (while still technically being on the ground).
that would be great! how good are you with animating btw?

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
That all depends on my progress, i normally re-do or revamp every animation after completing them at least 2 times. so i would say 7/10 on the skill ratio for this.
meh, good enough for me. we just need to rly give this project a good start. im fine with it, but i'll add you as the animator if suren iz fine with it (which im sure he iz) we are currently discussing some of the animations he should have

EDIT: crisis city v2

thnx to mewtwo 2000 fro the rev amp, and for helping with it in general

Suren

Smash Journeyman
That all depends on my progress, i normally re-do or revamp every animation after completing them at least 2 times. so i would say 7/10 on the skill ratio for this.
Good enough for me as well. Welcome aboard the project.

ikian

Smash Rookie
meh, good enough for me. we just need to rly give this project a good start. im fine with it, but i'll add you as the animator if suren iz fine with it (which im sure he iz) we are currently discussing some of the animations he should have

EDIT: crisis city v2

*EPIC*

thnx to mewtwo 2000 fro the rev amp, and for helping with it in general
wow!!! is this silver from WOG? because i see the shoes, and isn't sonic xD

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Well I've officially decided to go with the Brawl Model and Still use the winter olympic games model as a back up plan or possible future update to silver or some jazz like that. We will still need those animations from RandomTBush so we can use them as a reference and kind of copy the motions for silvers brawl model, or even using the WOG model in the future in case of total failure of the brawl model.

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
Great to be on the team, but as an informative,
I know nothing about silver, his abilities, or why he is even in the sonic games so you guys will need to either tell me what things look like or provide me with videos (ima find some myself).

Also, has a move set been decided yet?

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
I know nothing about silver, his abilities, or why he is even in the sonic games so you guys will need to either tell me what things look like or provide me with videos (ima find some myself).

i'd mostly talk to suren about wat the animations should look like, or at least the specials. you can find walk,jump,specials, and falling animations by going to youtube.

also, adding you to front page

Suren

Smash Journeyman

A move set has be decided but we really cant fully decide on animations. Let me link you reasonable vids about silver and maybe a good description.

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Whens that amazing Crisis City stage being released? It looks awesome and there is PLENTY I can do with that stage and its textures :)

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Whens that amazing Crisis City stage being released? It looks awesome and there is PLENTY I can do with that stage and its textures :)
Textures are taken care of. Feel free to show off any silver texture you want here though. It is the silver topic after all.

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Will do :p im working on like 9 projects but im pretty quick at hacking so when im done Ill happily show you some tweeked texture hacks xD (maybe some more)

KyuubiDemon1

Smash Apprentice
not sure i can help but ill try to be a animator ok but you must sen me the motion pac fitpac and etc pm it to me :)

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
well, working on getting the model to be replaced and working perfectly over a character. so far, no luck.

for some reason, the model will only work when i use the character at norfair. any other stage freezes. even then, it freezes after the match. i've tried two different models, and they both have the exact same effect. any help?

Suren

Smash Journeyman
well, working on getting the model to be replaced and working perfectly over a character. so far, no luck.

for some reason, the model will only work when i use the character at norfair. any other stage freezes. even then, it freezes after the match. i've tried two different models, and they both have the exact same effect. any help?
Try telling people in the FullyNewCharacter archive and the MDL0 topic.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
i've tried 3 times in character archive. will try in mdl0
If all else fails just ask others to chip in who have offered. If you can send the model to Blaze like i asked in the pm so he can help out too.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I was trying to make Blaze to appear in the Crisis City stage as Silver does, but the model is so dark and it dissapears when you try to get near to it, so I'm not sure if I will do it after all

A new broken building is added to the background and one of them moves because of the lava

I'll try to finish it today

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
I was trying to make Blaze to appear in the Crisis City stage as Silver does, but the model is so dark and it dissapears when you try to get near to it, so I'm not sure if I will do it after all

A new broken building is added to the background and one of them moves because of the lava

I'll try to finish it today
too bad about blaze. we're you trying to use the M&SWOG model? if not, i'd try that. could you add and edit another run position, put knuckles on it, and replace his model with blaze, and give blaze some animations that make her run and jump on the buildings? is the building that gets in the camera's way sometimes a polygon? it should be deleted if possible. sounds like the stage is coming along great though.

also, i think i can get the model to work. managed to get rotom model to work. the only thing to worry about is the hurt boxes. i don't know how to edit them, let alone where to find them

Suren

Smash Journeyman
too bad about blaze. we're you trying to use the M&SWOG model? if not, i'd try that. could you add and edit another run position, put knuckles on it, and replace his model with blaze, and give blaze some animations that make her run and jump on the buildings? is the building that gets in the camera's way sometimes a polygon? it should be deleted if possible. sounds like the stage is coming along great though.

also, i think i can get the model to work. managed to get rotom model to work. the only thing to worry about is the hurt boxes. i don't know how to edit them, let alone where to find them
Someone will eventually make blaze playable so why would we bother making her in the back of the stage? Just curious. I kinda planned on playing green hill zone without any characters running in the background anymore because we made one of them playable and other people are making the rest playable XD. I do have an idea for crisis city...but it may not be a good one. Like having Iblis show up in the background or something. Throwing stuff and all that nonsense. Sense iblis isnt found in any current wii sonic games we could just Take the Perfect chaos out of WOG and make him into a lava monster.

EDIT: By the way plasma...Did you ever figure out what was wrong with Silver freezing in all the other stages?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I've taken the Blaze from Winter Games, indeed... I don't understand why she dissapears O.o

Anyway, I'll try a little more... And not, the annoying building isn't what I have moved, is the broken bulding that is near to us when playing, it now moves as the lava waves move it

I'll try to delete the annoying one when I get some time, I should find it in a vertex map and edit those vertex in more than one vertex files

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
No one else does either.
well other people seem to have their models working fine. why isn't it working for me?

EDIT: okay, i got the brawl model working perfectly with the exception of can't pick up items without freeze, and a slight texture prob on bracelets. the hurtbox prob is happening on a different model. right now, silver is over peach. do we want to keep it like that?

EDIT: okay, i think my other model just needed a fitmotion file

Suren

Smash Journeyman
well other people seem to have their models working fine. why isn't it working for me?

EDIT: okay, i got the brawl model working perfectly with the exception of can't pick up items without freeze, and a slight texture prob on bracelets. the hurtbox prob is happening on a different model. right now, silver is over peach. do we want to keep it like that?
If we can get peachs final smash to transform silver super than sure. If not...we will have to find a way to make it work or find a new person to put silver over. Im sure a float psa isn't that hard to do.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
i believe the FS could work the same as being on any other character besides meta. also, working a little on a side project, but mostly working on silver. want me to send the motion files and model to anyone who is an animator?

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Well then lets keep with peach.

EDIT: Go ahead and send the files to the animator.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
mewtwo2000 wants to add a few more things to it. it should be VERY close to finishing. he's just adding som more features. i'm glad to see he really got into enjoying this stage.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Yeah, I'm about to release it as I can't do much more by now... I think it's an awesome stage right now

I'm fixing a little thing and I can upload it if you want

blaze1216j

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blaze1216j
Switch FC
0463-6711-5134
hey suren, plasma, how did you got your model to load? did you add and rename the new bones?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
It will be better I release it this Monday, as the original idea for the stage is from Plasmakirby1 and he's not here at the moment, and it's not totally fixed and I can't fix it now as I have to go, will be back this Monday indeed ^^U

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman

EDIT: okay, i think my other model just needed a fitmotion file
wait, does this mean he doesnt glitch when being grabbed?

DarkSamus12

Smash Cadet
:bee:
wait, does this mean he doesnt glitch when being grabbed?
yes when i used silver and got grabbed it didn`t glitch or when when i was thrown if you want me to fix amy's being thrown/grabbed glitch just pm me amy's model and fitmotionetc and ill fix it for you dxrkn3ss:bee:

Top Bottom