• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3/27/10 Results! and new date! Thawing Pool Pools! Amherst, Ohio

solecalibur

Smash Master
This tounry is for those in NEOH! (and MI 2 hour drive from Ann Arbor) that don't want to drive 4 hours and want to go to the coolest venue ever!

(Location is now correct!)
Credits go to Lokii

This Venue is HUGE with a cap of 50 people this is no ordinary house tounry
(possibility pool will be open to those that desire it)

This tounry is still up in the air but if I have enough hype it will be possible =X

Address
168 Oak Wood Drive
Amherst , Ohio

Venue Fee : $5
What you get with $5
Junk food , Pop , Pizza etc (taking requests)

Singles : $10
Doubles : $10
Low Tiers : $1-$10 (debatable)
Blazblue : $1-$10 (Debatable)
TvC : $1-$10 (Debatable)
MvC2 : $1-#10 (Debatable)

Most of these rules are Copy and Pasted from TYM

Singles Payout
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4% (with 10+ people)
5th: 4% (with 10+ people)

Doubles
1st: 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

PAID IN CASH ON THE SPOT

Brawl Rules and Format:

* 3 Stock Double Elimination

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Bring your own controller

* All matches prior to Winners' and Losers' Finals are best of 3. Winners', Losers', and Grand Finals are best of 5

* The Stage Strike system will be used and explained for the first match of all sets, then after procedure is loser stage pick, winner character choice, loser character choice.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

*Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab. Dedede standard chain grab is fine.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

* Stalling is banned. Any legal infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

* I am NOT to be held liable for your horsing around, if someone is injured or there is some form of altercation I am not responsible for either party.

* Drugs and Alcohol are prohibited.

Additional Rules for Double's

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Low tier Additional Rules

Zelda (If allowed in low tiers) is not allowed to transform into sheik

Samus is not allowed to transform into zero suit samus

Starters :
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Ps1

Counterpicks :
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
You are all missing out.

sole invites girls from the local college over near the end of the tourney.

Some lolz and fun activity has happened from it.
Hot tub and pool....
*remembers*

This time though, make sure the pool is warm (no pee, use the thermostat). I find it hard to operate in below 80 degree water.

Sadly, I work the weekend of this tourney or I'd be making the trip up.
I *know* all of NEOH will be here. Other regions should come too. Taste a sample of NEOH hospitality.

:psycho:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Sole, 80% sure Ima be there. Denzi said he'd come if i went, so theres my ride (because honestly, im too lazy to drive xD)

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
two hour drive... if I were any better at Brawl, I'd definitely show. But counting my losses, I think I better stick to the stuff close by.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'll more than likely show up. If I do I'll have a setup as well (not sure about a TV though).

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
does anybody drive by YOungstown/Hubbard area? I doubt I'd be allowed, but if by some chance, the gods love me...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Is it possible I can get a ride here from my fellow NEOH?
This please.

I *should* be able to get this day off, and depending on how my finances look after I pay my bills, I'd say there's a 70% chance that I can attend this.

jokey665

Smash Ace
If I can get off work I'll probably come. I'll pick people if you're on the way but I won't drive in the opposite direction to pick you up or anything. Mapquest from lakewood to the venue and see if you're close by and need a ride (basically if you live close to I90 in that area). I'll probably know for sure if I can come by next weekend, I hope.

solecalibur

Smash Master
If I can get off work I'll probably come. I'll pick people if you're on the way but I won't drive in the opposite direction to pick you up or anything. Mapquest from lakewood to the venue and see if you're close by and need a ride (basically if you live close to I90 in that area). I'll probably know for sure if I can come by next weekend, I hope.
See if you can grab framerate or Pops
Dont know the location of any other OUGAers

edit - Might pickup shugo since he is like 15 minutes from my house...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I just realized... the OP doesn't actually have the venue address; just the city.

solecalibur

Smash Master

Rikku~

Smash Apprentice
Aw I'd love to go to this, since Amherst is like 30 min from my house! I won't be in Cleveland that weekend tho.... :(

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Argent, I don't know if you'd want to team with me again, especially since I'm probably rusty, but since I just came into some money I'll be doing teams and needing a teammate.

Top Bottom