• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/10: Tampa, FL Monthlys-Llamas Have Tech Skill Too | SET UPS & TVS WANTED

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
Since Tampa is (Slowly) becoming active,
I thought I might try to help by hosting Monthly Smashfests/tournaments (Unless there's a tournament that weekend). Whichever you guys want.

Date Right now the NEW date under consideration is April 10th. Yes or no? I want a very large turn out for this if possible, so I want the best date too.

Location 3602 North Armenia Ave. Tampa, Florida 33607
I'm pretty sure I can get this decent venue. (Is that the correct term?) It would be at a restaurant, so you'll be able to buy drinks and meals there, and since I know the owner, I might be able to get discounts, I'd have to talk to him about it.
There's also a McDonalds, Chinese place and I think Little Ceaser's down the road in case the food there doesn't appeal to you.
Water and Soda will be one dollar.

As for set ups, I'm pretty sure I could get one or two Melee set ups, one or Two Brawl set ups (Both having Brawl+ and one having Smash 64) and if this goes well, I could try to get a Nintendo 64 with Super Smash Brothers.
I would appreciate it if people brought set ups.

Door Fee will be 5 dollars. If I get the entire place for just Smash from like, 12pm to 7 or 8 pm we'd be cutting into business hours, so this would be to make up for the hours that we take up.

Times
12:00Doors open and Brawl singles sign ups start
12:45Brawl singles sign ups end and Brawl Singles start.
4:00Brawl singles should be ending and Melee singles sign ups start
4:45Melee singles sign ups end and Melee singles start
8:00Everything should be over.

Rules
MELEE
4 stock
2/3 sets
3/5 finals
8 minute time limit
Items off
Ties broken by stocks, then %
First stage agreed upon or random
Dave’s Stupid Rule (DSR): No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage.
Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
Bring your own controller
Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
Team Attack will be ON
Life stealing allowed

Wobbling is allowed unless both players agree to ban it if one of them is playing Ice Climbers, otherwise it may be used until 250 percent, in which case it is considered stalling the match.

The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set
- Singles Stages on random – Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story And Pokemon Stadium.

- Singles Stages Banned - HyruleTemple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, IcicleMountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, GreatBay, onnett Princess Peach's Castle, Great bay, Yoshi's island (pipes), MushroomKingdom 1/2

All other levels open for counterpicks.

BRAWL
Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off
Best 2/3
Finals best 3/5
Ties broken by stocks, then %

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Pokemon Stadium 1
DelfinoPlaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

Yes? No? Suggestions? Opinions?
I'd like for this to get into a thing with large turn ups and people coming for fun, instead of money or whatever if this turns into monthly tournaments. I'll post more information once I get feed back.
I've never done this before, so I don't really know how to do this.:laugh:

Questions: Text me at 813- 340- 3146

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Oh snap, this would be nice for local tournies.

Being a TO takes a lot of tedious work though, mostly regulation and learning the bracket placement.

Door Fee at it's best should be 5, but there's also stuff like pot money for tournies. Smashfests shouldn't have door fees, otherwise people wouldn't come.

Considering Florida's trend for setups (too many set-ups, too little people), I think you can count on the community to bring set-ups as long as the TVs are provided. Location is important though.

Question though, is this for all Smash games (64, Melee, Brawl, B+)? If so, will one game be more focused over the other?

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
Oh snap, this would be nice for local tournies.

Being a TO takes a lot of tedious work though, mostly regulation and learning the bracket placement.

Door Fee at it's best should be 5, but there's also stuff like pot money for tournies. Smashfests shouldn't have door fees, otherwise people wouldn't come.

Considering Florida's trend for setups (too many set-ups, too little people), I think you can count on the community to bring set-ups as long as the TVs are provided. Location is important though.

Question though, is this for all Smash games (64, Melee, Brawl, B+)? If so, will one game be more focused over the other?
I'd kind of like someone else to help me, since I've never done it before.

Hmm, it'll probably be five at first, and pot money is added money, right?

I'm pretty sure I can get about seven TVs on my own, I don't know if that'll be enough, so it'd be nice for people to help with that too, if possible. (Just to be sure there's enough)

This is focused on whatever everyone wants it to be focused on. Its pretty hard to make it balanced, becuse people always end up preferring one game.

Sugarless

Smash Rookie
Dude I can bring two TVs the one in my room and the princess TV, and a GB set up that's about it, lets see how much hype this thing gets, come on people the location ain't bad and its more spacious than VSA or any local tournament that's for sure. If it doesn't get that many people a smash fest should do?

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
@Sugarless I already counted your Gamecube in the OP. ... Unless you seriously meant your Gameboy.
Two more TVs would definately help. It would bring the total TVs to about 6 or 7.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
already here decide on the date and ill be sure to keep it open good **** tako imma be ready to schedule mine as well

also this should b a 5 dollar tourney i can help u call matches for brackets

as for setups ill bring a tv (possibly 2) , a gc, a wii wit brawl, and a powerstrip

and also imma b hosting monthlys as well starting march as for the week its undetermined

Sugarless

Smash Rookie
@Sugarless I already counted your Gamecube in the OP. ... Unless you seriously meant your Gameboy.
Two more TVs would definately help. It would bring the total TVs to about 6 or 7.
LOL that too :D

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
Taking Beefy's post into consideration I'm probably going to try to set up monthly tournaments. Its kind of pointless to have two different smashfests monthly but no tournaments. This was there can be a smashfest and tournament per month.
And Beefy, I'd appreciate it if you helped me set up brackets and keep track and what-not.

Door fee will probably be five dollars to get in and play friendlies of all games.
I'll probably just do Melee and Brawl singles for now, once show ups are a high number, I'd like to start doing doubles as well.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
actually imma setup tournaments as well for the time being it will be a 5$ house tourney but as hype gets better ill find a venue and charge a venue fee cuz i dont want my tournament to be a wallet claimer

also if its gonna b tournaments then your gonna need this

http://allisbrawl.com/tio/

click the link and download on a laptop

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
actually imma setup tournaments as well for the time being it will be a 5$ house tourney but as hype gets better ill find a venue and charge a venue fee cuz i dont want my tournament to be a wallet claimer

also if its gonna b tournaments then your gonna need this

http://allisbrawl.com/tio/

click the link and download on a laptop
So you're going to do tournaments AND Smashfests?

I'll get to downloading that soon.

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
kinda i can smash almost anytime i want but i plan on hosting montly tourneys
Ohh, alright.
Well, the date I have in mind for the first LHTST is on March 27th
I'd like feedback on this date. If not many people are going to attend I'm going to push it back to the middle or end of April.

nevershootme

Smash Master
try to get incentives with the owner on paying the door fee to provide with food and/or drinks... you're simply helping business and provide food for hungry people without having them go out to get something to eat while playing in-tourney...

if u want more ideas... look at wings & brew tourney series in ohio

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Yo im down to just pay 5 to get a smashfest goin.

Anyways Im here, Ill get a ride somehow.

Garbe an scidad i gots yo moneyz./...random bonus money rulez **** an balls

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
@scary Happy early birthday...? I didn't see that tournament when I did a quick search, so.. Yeah. Though I'm considering reschedualing duel to HERB 3 or whatever.

@nsm, what do you mean? If you mean I'm trying to get you guys to eat there, that's not true, you guys can eat where ever, I'm simply trying to get discounts in case someone decides to eat there. Right now I got a deal for all sodas and waters to be one dollar.

@scidadle Llamas Have Tech Skill Too
That'll be the monthly series name because its a Peruvian restaurant.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
well actually i dont think anyone from tampa is going to be going to herb 3 and im not sure on it yet and my interview for the job is wednesday the date should be fine considering its only a local tourney so dont change cuz its only going to be local well c how this goes ill txt u about it

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
Since you're doing your tournament on the twentieth I'll just do the tenth of April.
Eh, I hope nothing comes up.

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
ill help host
I'd appreciate that. :]
get me a bracket and ill get everyone together to seed it

if this doesnt get enough hype then we can just have a round robbin tourney which is a pool like @ VSA
What do you mean by a bracket? And wouldn't we have to do a smashfest before to do that?

Eh, I really hope we wouldn't have to do it like the VSA.

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
So from the people who have posted so far, it looks like this is going to be Melee only, rofl.
I kind of want to get Brawl players to come too, but I don't know how to reach them. I know the Tampa Brawl players don't come on Smash Boards because they all manly just go to the Play n Trade tourneys and that's it. How do I try to get this known to them as well?

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
*namesearches*

I love the way nobody mentioned this tourney to me. I'll pull some stringz.
I was going to mention it to you this Sunday, you're attending the Play N Trade Two Year Anniversary tournament, right?
I appreciate this. :D

Top Bottom