• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Gaming Zone Lv2. Feat. VGBootCamp MD/VA March 13,2010 *Special Announcement*

Deez.

Smash Lord
Wassup, Smash community This is the Ultimate Gaming Zone and were going to have big things for you guys this year. New circuit event called *Level Up*. these dates are the dates for one out of what will soon be 3 Md/Va venues. (possibly 4)

Lake Forest Mall
701 Russell Ave
Gaithersburg MD, 20877

3/13/2010

4/10/2010

5/08/2010

6/20/ 2010

7/16/2010

8/21/2010

9/11/2010

10/17/2010

11/20/2010

These tournaments goal is to bolster the community as well as help bring back the cheap tournament. However UGZ will maintain the 10 venue, however we will be getting 2 others soon.

these venues and tournaments will all have different hosts as well as working with vgbootCamp. these events will be apart of a local seasonal series as well. 10 percent of the pots will go to a seasonal final even around every 10 weeks. this will be organized in more depth as soon as the other venues have been secured. I will be the host of these events so I'll do my best to make things run smoothly and on time.

Entry Fee

Singles: $10.00
Doubles: $10.00 each person
Venue Fee: 10.00

Payouts

Singles will payout to top 3. possibly top 4 depending on the attendance. Same goes with doubles.
The pot splitting will go 60/30/10.

Doors Open- 10:00 am
Team Sign ups- 11:00 am
Team Start ups: 12 noon
Singles: 4pm

BRAWL RULE SET

* 3 stock
* 8 minute time limit
* Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
* Double Elimination
* 50 Ledge grab rule ( if you time out each other in a match and you go over 50 ledge grabs you lose that match. )
* Items are OFF including smash ball

Doubles:

• Team attack ON
• Life stealing is allowed

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the
Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Singles:
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match*

Neutral Stages: Each player can alternately strike a stage until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

Neutral:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1

Banned Stages:

*Everything Else*

If you need any information about these dates or tournament info please contact me or either Gimr or Apostle or Pyronic Star.

*Contact Info*
Deez- Aim: EvilTwin0688, Email: Mart2288@yahoo.com, Cell #: @240-551-8304
Pyronic Star- Aim: Ace13crd
Apostle:- Aim: ithugapostle

*Confirmation List*

1.Deez
2.Sin
3.P~S
4.Apostle
5.Junebug
6.Neo
7.Takeover
8.Omni
9.Boss
10.Gimr
11.Lil B
12.Meep
13.BetaZealot
14.Jbandit
15.Ice
16.NKb
17.Sassy
18.SSR
19.Korn
20.Candy
21.Esoj
22.Chudat
23.Exdia
24.Hat
25.Bmx
26.Ee
27.Tant
28.Waffle
29.Yoster
30.Kojin
31.Cook
32.Speed
33.K-9
34.Bonk
35.Coney
36.Matador
37.23%
38.Joeey

* Maybes*

.Ck
.Norra
.JJvirus
.Bert
.Coney
.llod
.SmashGod
.Poyo
.Night
.YO
.Nacker

*REMINDER* there will be pools at this tournament. *

- Special Announcement -
Regards to our live Stream... If we reach 100 people on our stream we will be picking a name out every hour until the tournament is over.. and out of those name we will have a random drawing for the winner and will receive 10.00 at the end of this event. please watch our STREAM!!!

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I'm REALLY hoping he meant $10 for singles, and $20 for doubles, with each paying 10.

if he didn't...

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I will not pay 40 bucks for a smash tourney and I don't think anyone else will. LOL.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Yeah, 20 dollars for singles entry is mad steep.

I do love this venue and everything else though.

I think that the top 5 should get payouts, however.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
WOW LOL. I hope these prices include a blow job with them, she gotta look right too cause if its anyone other then Poyo then Sin won't cut it!

ChuDat

Smash Master
LMAO YAYUHHZZ!!!

I do see the relevance in this pic. I DO host cheap tournaments.

However, if the relevance of this pic is that I LIE and LIKE MONEY then eat a d!ck Tant LOLZ. Though, I do like money =Pz. (Not really though. I just need it atm.)

The tournament fee for singles should be $10.

EDIT: Deez - Put "Maryland" or MD/VA somewhere in the title.

Aposl

Smash Ace
lol at the obvious incorrect pricing. I will tell him to fix this. As for the bringing back cheap tournaments. This venue will not be apart of that because the venue takes 50% of the venue fee. We cannotoperateat0, plus we will be paying our host, tos, and promoters from now on etc...However if people want the entry lowered I can do that. We arehopingto bring alot of new blood at each of these tournaments. So lets get some hype!

ChuDat

Smash Master
lol at the obvious incorrect pricing. I will tell him to fix this. As for the bringing back cheap tournaments. This venue will not be apart of that because the venue takes 50% of the venue fee. We cannotoperateat0, plus we will be paying our host, tos, and promoters from now on etc...However if people want the entry lowered I can do that. We arehopingto bring alot of new blood at each of these tournaments. So lets get some hype!
Thanks for the clear up.

BetaZealot

Smash Journeyman
Can I beat the store at SF4 and get a free venue fee?

Is there a way to get venue off.

D:

EDIT: Lylat as a neutral? Are you stupid?

D:x2

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
No one wants to do 10 venue fee

K9, plank, and I will find ways around it.

Bones got a brand new lan center for a tourney for 5.

Sorry folks, im working to find ways around this. If the ultimate gaming zone was actually an amazing venue i wouldnt mind paying 10. But the chairs are broken, most of the setups have to be brought by the players, and its just not a super chill place.

You need to renovate some things before i can support this.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Wassup, Smash community This is the Ultimate Gaming Zone and were going to have big things for you guys this year. New circuit event called *Level Up*. these dates are the dates for one out of what will soon be 3 Md/Va venues. (possibly 4)

3/13/2010

4/10/2010

5/08/2010

6/20/ 2010

7/16/2010

8/21/2010

9/11/2010

10/17/2010

11/20/2010
^That doesn't really make sense to me. Are you saying you want all those dates?

also

LOL @ $10 dollars.

I won't be going to anyone of these if its $10

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Well the thing about UGZ charging 10 dollar venue is okay to me because they are in a prime location, a mall. The Hangerstown gun club and K9s venue are all great but not really hot spots for the general public. I mean if the majority of the space is given to us for the whole day(props to them for ALWAYS letting us finish) then I can see how they wanna make sure they are getting paid cause they might be losing some other customers for that day. If the 10 venue is really too much of a strain for some people then just enter one event and chill the rest of the time. I support UGZ venue.

Also all those dates seem great, its assuring we'll at the least have an event every month.

Edit: I'm talking about 10 dollars for the UGZ venue, I don't know **** else about these other venues ya'll talking about.

ChuDat

Smash Master
No one wants to do 10 venue fee

K9, plank, and I will find ways around it.

Bones got a brand new lan center for a tourney for 5.

Sorry folks, im working to find ways around this. If the ultimate gaming zone was actually an amazing venue i wouldnt mind paying 10. But the chairs are broken, most of the setups have to be brought by the players, and its just not a super chill place.

You need to renovate some things before i can support this.
I disagree with this. I thought that UGZ is an amazing and chill place to play smash. Its location is also awesome for the majority of MD/VA.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Also all those dates seem great, its assuring we'll at the least have an event every month.
There will always be four tournaments a month x_x

As much as I like the UGZ venue (I voted for eeet in the "best of" thread) claiming all those dates so early is kind of a buzzkill imo. Who does that for one particular venue?? >_< Save some for the rest of us! :(

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I don't like how you guys are claiming dates that is dumb. Have one date at a time and let the other people run tourneys too

Everyone should ignore those dates until they have a official tourney thread made for that date.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
k9 I am confused? Those dates are listed for one date each month, where did 4 come from? I'm getting confused ~__~

Coney

Smash Master
i dunno what phil's talking about ensuring that we have an event, i've been assured there'd be an event every single weekend since i've been in this **** game! excluding the blizzard, obviously, but still there were wifi tourneys pretty much every saturday

y'all have some unnatural drive, i tell you what

Deez.

Smash Lord
Tant first of all I'm not going to get in a battle with you about who's venue is more chill or better for the community because that's not going to solve anything. VGBootCamp asked me if they could host these dates in my venue and I asked my sister and checked and see if those certain dates were available. which they were. so I put them on the calender as marked tournaments for this year.

And about the broken chairs and what not the only chair that is broken is the 2nd sofa and I'll gladly get rid of it if people are starting to complain. and please stop saying Sorry folks like your the super hero or savior of venues in all of Md/Va... the first time you came to my venue you enjoyed yourself you even told me so yourself... and IF people have to bring there own set-ups its because they want to make the tournament run smoother and they enjoy there hacked wii's instead of the boring regular ones.. but I do thank you for telling me the flaws of my venue.

On another note , about the $10 venue fee I don't think its that bad for the fact we always had a $10 venue and no one complained. I mean first of all its in a mall with places to shop , places to eat, and other places to chill there's about three relaxation spots in the mall that people can chill and hang out at.. people aren't obligated to stay in my venue while waiting for there matches. but I think $10 is a good amount anymore would be a bit much.. but Tant if you have anymore problems please Aim me or Pm me.

Deez.

Smash Lord
There will always be four tournaments a month x_x

As much as I like the UGZ venue (I voted for eeet in the "best of" thread) claiming all those dates so early is kind of a buzzkill imo. Who does that for one particular venue?? >_< Save some for the rest of us! :(
K-9 I completely understand where your coming from please talk to either Gimr or Apostle about that..

SOVAman

Smash Hero
On another note , about the $10 venue fee I don't think its that bad for the fact we always had a $10 venue and no one complained. I mean first of all its in a mall MONEY with places to shop MONEY, places to eat MONEY, and other places to chill there's about three relaxation spots in the mall that people can chill and hang out at.. people aren't obligated to stay in my venue while waiting for there matches. but I think $10 is a good amount anymore would be a bit much.. but Tant if you have anymore problems please Aim me or Pm me.
So whats a 10 dollar venue fee have to so with being in a mall?

also

From what I have interpreted in the thread the UGZ venue fee can be as low as $5. So, why not make it that instead of trying to make money off of it or w/e you can help grow the community. A lot of people have recently stated they don't like $10 venue fee and the attendance at C3 has dropped and I expect the same thing will happen to UGZ if there is a $10 venue fee. Kenny's and Tant's tourneys are already $5 venue fees so you should do the same so we can have some consistency in the region.

Also if you are gonna have a circuit and plan all these dates and no other TO is on board with it the circuit won't work. The last circuit in Md/Va all the TOs were involved and the circuit events were spread out to different locations and TOs. If you have all these tourneys in Md or silver spring area that is dumb and players from VA and other parts of the region might not be able to make it to any of the events.

This is not organized or thought out well by the looks of it so I won't be supporting these events

Aposl

Smash Ace
Hey guys I want to clear something up. We are about to have a few venues in which we can do tournaments. This one is a mall, the other 2 are Universities. I believe that large attendance could be possible at these venues, and am actually paying certain people to promote these events. The main goal of these tournaments will be to grow the community. Lets face it, MD/VA is shrinking as the weeks go by. I am under the belief that there are plenty of people to get into this community in MD and VA. I am starting in my home state obvioulsy. I want to do 3 things with this series: I want to do seasons. This means I want to have a grand finale at the end of every season with I nice big pot. 2 I want these events to get sponsored, this will allow for the local smash economy to thrive.People will want to go oos to our tournamnets not the other way around. We want our pros to be well fed(win big pots), making them able to represent MDVA in nationals etc... with the money they will win. And I want to grow the community. Now I beleive there are traditions that need to be dismantled. And yes the 10 dollar venue fee is one of them, but in this scenario using a Mall is more of an advantage than lowering the price. I would do both, but like I said we are paying peolpe to promote this event and that is coming out of our side of the "profit". The other venues will be way cheaper, they will be 5 dollar venue as well as 5 dollar entry and will be at college universities. I am not competing with anyone for these dates. You want to run a tournament in VA ortMD on the same day as these events, fine! The way I am promoting my events, Im hoping I wont need only smashers cuz I will be bringing the randoms. I wish you guys would realize one thing though. If we want more people in the community you need to put your feeling aside about what you personally would like to do, and be apart of a unified effort. Also anyone who wants to be a part of this effort contact me immediately. I don't ignore people's opinions and I am not seeking to create some elitist smash organization. I just want to nurture the community in the most intelligent way possible.

Deez.

Smash Lord
So whats a 10 dollar venue fee have to so with being in a mall?

also

From what I have interpreted in the thread the UGZ venue fee can be as low as $5. So, why not make it that instead of trying to make money off of it or w/e you can help grow the community. A lot of people have recently stated they don't like $10 venue fee and the attendance at C3 has dropped and I expect the same thing will happen to UGZ if there is a $10 venue fee. Kenny's and Tant's tourneys are already $5 venue fees so you should do the same so we can have some consistency in the region.

Also if you are gonna have a circuit and plan all these dates and no other TO is on board with it the circuit won't work. The last circuit in Md/Va all the TOs were involved and the circuit events were spread out to different locations and TOs. If you have all these tourneys in Md or silver spring area that is dumb and players from VA and other parts of the region might not be able to make it to any of the events.

This is not organized or thought out well by the looks of it so I won't be supporting these events

No offense Lil-b but do you support any venue that's over 5 bucks? I mean really your looking at it only from your point of view... which isn't fair imo. just because the venue is $5 dollars more. doesn't mean you get to complain to every TO on the EC.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
No offense Lil-b but do you support any venue that's over 5 bucks? I mean really your looking at it only from your point of view... which isn't fair imo. just because the venue is $5 dollars more. doesn't mean you get to complain to every TO on the EC.
Good **** deez at not responding to anything and saying that. FYI the only venue I have complained about (besides this one) is C3 the over-exaggeration in unnecessary

If you are not even going to address my argument then you are being stupid. Learn to listen to other people opinions you are so wrong in this idea and thread yet you do nothing to try to improve.

Deez.

Smash Lord
Good **** deez at not responding to anything and saying that. FYI the only venue I have complained about (besides this one) is C3 the over-exaggeration in unnecessary

If you are not even going to address my argument then you are being stupid. Learn to listen to other people opinions you are so wrong in this idea and thread yet you do nothing to try to improve.
Lil-B you complained to me plenty of times about Chus dojo, and other Chu events in the past about him raising it only two bucks or watever I'm not sure if you were joking but I know you complained about a lot of the venue prices... and whats the difference between the venue being $10 now and the $10 in the past? you came to my event last time did you not? I just wanna know what caused the change of heart in your views of $10 venue... Imo I think all venues should be atleast $10 if its not in a house or some sort. that goes to the gun place, and other places. for the fact they have to do more work to keep it organized and clean.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Lil-B you complained to me plenty of times about Chus dojo, and other Chu events in the past about him raising it only two bucks or watever I'm not sure if you were joking but I know you complained about a lot of the venue prices... and whats the difference between the venue being $10 now and the $10 in the past? you came to my event last time did you not? I just wanna know what caused the change of heart in your views of $10 venue... Imo I think all venues should be atleast $10 if its not in a house or some sort. that goes to the gun place, and other places. for the fact they have to do more work to keep it organized and clean.
I did go that time but now imma stop because Aposl posted earlier the venue fee would be $5 if he didn't have to pay TOs and host. Obviously that shows me there is a lack of interest in trying to get more attendance. If you lower the venue fee there will be more people, but if people want to get paid off the venue fee instead of trying to get more attendance why should I support it?

Also because of all the tourneys having $5 venue fees instead of $10 why should I waste my money when I can go to a cheaper one the week later. I realized it is stupid when UGZ can lower the venue fee and please mostly everyone and don't. I have talked to a lot of people off of the boards in aim/chat and they said they dont like having 10-10-10 tourneys. No one wants to pay 30 bucks. A lot of people rather have 5-5-5 tourneys but obviously the high placing players won't like that. But, what is the problem with lowering the venue fee to $5 and increasing your attendance

also one more thing: I have always hated $10 venue fee and I realized the only way to get a venue to lower it to $5 or if the venue can't then have it so the venue stops getting used completely is to boycott it. So, I will boycott this and any other $10 venue fee tourney unless its like a national event or a fantastic venue

Kenrawr

Smash Master
I think all venues should be atleast $10 if its not in a house or some sort. that goes to the gun place, and other places. for the fact they have to do more work to keep it organized and clean.
I'm pretty sure a house takes longer to clean. Vacuuming multiple floors, picking up/taking out all the trash, cleaning three bathrooms rather than one, washing/folding all the blankets I let ya'll use, putting furniture back into place, washing some dishes scrubbing a few countertops/tables.

I'd think it would take just as much to organize, too.

Deez.

Smash Lord
BLAH! lol there is no way im going to convince you Lil B. but if you stand by your opinion i respect that... by all means if you wanna boycott then go ahead. I honestly didn't know Apsol said it was suppose to be $5 first and then switched it to $10.. I'll have a talk with him thanks for the heads up.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
hmmmmmmmmm, space, a mall, girls, food places, cheap snacks, lots of set-ups, chill environment, time to finsish any and all events... sounds like a pretty amazing venue XD

and VGBC should make some profit... i mean they did upfront tons of money on t.v.'s, systems

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
hmmmmmmmmm, space, a mall, girls, food places, cheap snacks, lots of set-ups, chill environment, time to finsish any and all events... sounds like a pretty amazing venue XD

and VGBC should make some profit... i mean they did upfront tons of money on t.v.'s, systems
Don't lie, you're not picking up any girls at a smash tournament with that kind of hair

snacks are cheap though, credit to that, and VGBootcamp should focus on using their own venues they can find to running tournaments, not deez, because its just too much for the venue to cover costs, this way they are profitable while everyone has a good time

with MLG on the scene I think VG should definitely pitch the national circuit and go with local events

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Don't lie, you're not picking up any girls at a smash tournament with that kind of hair

snacks are cheap though, credit to that, and VGBootcamp should focus on using their own venues they can find to running tournaments, not deez, because its just too much for the venue to cover costs, this way they are profitable while everyone has a good time

with MLG on the scene I think VG should definitely pitch the national circuit and go with local events

I resent those.

Top Bottom