• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boba's B-Day Tounrey THIS SATURDAY MAY 1ST in UPLAND, CA!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raincatchfire

Smash Journeyman
When:

Saturday May 1st

Where:

845 W. Arrow Hwy Upland, CA 91786

Parking Lot 1

Parking Lot 2

Kitchen Area (There are lots of places to sit, but you can't see them.)

Main Room (as big as Mango Juice and there will be a projector.)

What:

Melee only REGIONAL, huge venue, livestream?, commentary, all day event, snack stand &bbq, delicious cake, and more!

Rules:

Pound 4 Rules

Schedule:

Doors Open: 10am

Doubles: 11am

Singles: 3pm???

Crews: Later

Pricing:

Venue Fee (and its a **** good venue): $5 -$2 for a TV/Cube and TV+Cube = Free Entry

Singles: $5 per person

Doubles: $10 per team

Prize Distribution:

60/30/10 for all events.

Housing:

raincatchfire

Smash Journeyman
As much as I love that Onett, I cannot put it as a legal stage. This is a tournament, so skill should decide the results. If I legalize Onett, the results will be skewed. We could have an Onett only tournament though on the side... lol.

edit: i also want to know what you guys think of making the entry like half price for non competitive players. i understand this is unfair in a way, but i think it would introduce for people to the community and put more money in the pot. i advertised a lot for the last tournament i held, but hardly anyone else came, and i think it was because of money issues. I'm going to lower the venue/bracket fee a little bit for everyone anyways.

MarthPwnzer-

Smash Apprentice
I think you should keep the fees normal $5/10 or $10/10. Anything else will make the pot too small. As for people I guess with this enough notice most of the community will go. Also don't host side tourneys, just keep it as simple as possible.

Spazzums

Smash Apprentice
mm last time I went to one was like....a year ago in the summer I think? something like that
it was fun, nice venue! lots of setups/breathing room XD

$ick

Smash Lord
Ya, I feel ya, but working at a movie theatre, requesting a Saturday off in the prime time of Summer would get me in trouble.. ;)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
WOW NO ONE ****ING CARES BRYAn

Adam M!

Smash Lord
i care!

brYan has been trying very hard for a long time to get a job

have some sympathy *****

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
is the dude that raged really bad after every time he died against me gonna be there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom