• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boba's B-Day Tounrey THIS SATURDAY MAY 1ST in UPLAND, CA!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raincatchfire

Smash Journeyman
sooo glad i dont have a phone right now. i dont want to talk to the police lol. anyways, i think there were a lot of other people who saw what happened well enough. besides, im busy uploading vids ;)

Kira-

Smash Champion
Shoutouts =)

This was a GREAT tournament, a real throwback to old times where Smash was just plain awesome. I didn't feel bad at all after my losses either and had a great time watching all the great sets. Almost EVERY good set was recorded, pretty amazing, I can't wait to see all the videos. I think McCain has enough clips for a Boba Tournament Combo Vid all by himself.

Boba - thanks for hosting, we appreciate it a TON. Upload those amazing matches right away and thanks for recording!

MacD - Mad props, and taking it well too. I know if I had done what you did I'd be pushing it in everyone's face so well played on and off the field. I swear you did like 40 things I've seen Armada do exactly.
Zhu - I had a lot of fun playing you in our set. Honestly I feel good about myself if I can just stay toe to toe with you lol but I think your style is a bit easier to deal with than other Falcos (such as Axe's, who does Lovage-style platform attacks all day). Your Fox is too good as well as always.
Lovage - You're really impressive and it's a lot of fun watching you play.
Joe - I feel like you always know where I'm going to escape to and then you aim your attack perfectly there. Also you can upthrow upair.. was it just me that day? Cause if I DI to either side I should never be able to get upair'd.
Fly Amanita - You handled yourself very well after your sets, which is impressive cause you had a lot of things go against you that anyone else would've been very upset about. You're the best ICs in the nation in my book, Chu and Wobbles got nothing on you.
Maple and GSUB - thanks for being homies and making the tournament really fun and putting up with my disease. Kyle your Marth was SO good, I can't express to you how good it was playing (other than your bad controller and routine suicide at 4%), and grats GSUB for beating Squid and Sherigami, it's clear you're improving a lot. Playing for funsies is the way to go, don't stop playing Samus and Falco and whoever.
DJ Mirror - Dinner was **** in many ways, I'll pay you back asap (probably today)
Connor - Don't get so down on yourself. If you only knew how much potential you had you would keep playing every week until you ***** at Fox dittos =)
Little England - I gave you a shoutout in my last post lol. but oh yeah you're really chill
Nima - You have good control over Puff, it's a shame you had to play those 7 minute Peach matches lol but try to go for more rests. Against Peach I know it's tough but bait a dash attack into your shield and rest out of shield. Also even if you miss she can't punish you that hard. Good spacing though for the most part
Squid - I'm glad you came! I saw the very end of your set with GSUB- so brutal lol
Jesse - Sorry I forgot your name! Next time we will get some matches in and I'll watch you play your tourney sets more.
Bryan - cool seeing you again man, I'll let you know if I ever hit up Six Flags again lol. Nice falcon
Adam - It was good seeing you again, you're quite a spectacle and made for an entertaining tournament, and as long as you're truly sorry then I don't mind letting it go. I know in the past you haven't done anything like that before even if you were upset. For others or for Emil especially that might be really difficult but hopefully things will go back to good in the end.
Mr. Squiggletoes - hey I know we didn't talk much but you're a cool guy. Next time I'll bring some origami paper and you can show me how to make something cool
Evil Nemesis - dam u still ****
SDR - thanks for the awesome compliment dude LOL, I wasn't quite smart enough to out-wit Joe but it was cool hearin it ;)
Wasabi - dude you're so technical I don't know how you do it. Sheik is a tricky matchup but if you laser enough she can't get to you lol
MarthPwnzer - hey man, glad you came. pretty interesting tourney lol
Spazz - cool seein u again even tho we barely talked
Fabian - SUP it was cool seeing the Fabsters again. We'll play in tourney next time ;) Gratz on still being a good teams player, lol no lie you did some pretty cool stuff during your sets

edit - what's so bad about talking to the police? other than it takes a long time..

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
you guys this is very important!

the police just called me. He asked me for the numbers of anybody who actually saw the incident. If you did, could you please pm me your first and last name and your number. I know some people get nervous with the police (i'm one of them), but all he's going to ask you for is a quick statement.

Thank you in advance.

sooo glad i dont have a phone right now. I dont want to talk to the police lol. Anyways, i think there were a lot of other people who saw what happened well enough. Besides, im busy uploading vids ;)
This was very tacky. >_> You should feel the opposite way, wishing you did have a phone! I HAVE TO report back to the officer by Friday and I would like to be of SOME help to the situation. I would like to think that smashers, being the tight personable community that we are, would try our best to help fellow smashers when they need it most.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Seeing as how this tourney is over, and considering the incident that happened, for the protection of smashers and prevention of a gossip thread I'm going to have to close it. Feel free to make a results thread, but I'm just taking a precaution here after talking to some people and seeing what kind of happened. Please understand, and resolve anything left / exchange your numbers through PMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom