• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boba's B-Day Tounrey THIS SATURDAY MAY 1ST in UPLAND, CA!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

$ick

Smash Lord
Hahaha, I appreciate it even more Adam. Fools always spell my name wrong..

Yup yup, it's true, and my job is cake, so loosing it would be lame. But ya never know, might just work itself out. :)

Sony2.0

Smash Cadet
wow this is close ill more then likely go, hope u can make it Bryan

raincatchfire

Smash Journeyman
im waiting for replies from jtb, evil, and pat right now... also im looking into a raffle to win a plain ticket to the canada tourney, and possibly controller painting. just wait and see.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
If i'm free on the 1st i'll come by and help things run along. some good advice on tournament organizing the future though, and i mean this with no offense at all.

Get a legit venue
Seems like you got this one under wraps, which is good because that's normally the hardest thing to do fiscally. Definitely important cuz a bad venue leads to a bad tournament experience regardless of how good everything else is (See OC3 for further details)

Give plenty of notice/set rules in advanced
People need time to plan to go to something. Give a few months for people to get traveling arrangements down. Also set your rules way in advanced and stick to them so people don't get angry and confused in winner's semifinals (see genesis)

Choose a name that seems like it'll be a regional/national/hype builder
2 routes on this one, hype generator or something everyone recognizes that builds hype anyways. Genesis was intimidating and flashy -> builds hype, Pat's House and NSH are recognized in the community, etc etc. The koreans got this one right "California Crew Championships" sounds legit. Unfortunately they didn't do these next two things...

Build a name
New or fairly new TOs shouldn't expect to just host a regional/national tournament, build a base with your local community first, get bigger names to come on a special event, and eventually word of mouth will spread that your tournaments are legit.

and finally

When you do host a regional have champ make the thread
it's dumb, but it sure as hell works. people look at champs name and know neal is some how involved and suddenly the tournament builds its own hype and everyone can't wait to go.

All that being said, while this probably won't be a regional it could still be legit. This falls into the building a name by hosting successful tournaments and spreading it by word of mouth category which is good cuz that leads to bigger more successful tournaments in the future

Adam M!

Smash Lord
Kouryuu!!!!!

Now he's ranked mother ****ers. Teh worse is yet to come.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
Yayuhz!!!

But tbh I only use yayuhz!!! to mock chu dat for sounding like a douche

raincatchfire

Smash Journeyman
Pathetic. That is all.
im being honest about what i want to do. if i want to host a tourney and pay some people to run it for me, i dont see anything wrong with that. at least im hosting tournaments.

edit: thanks pat, ill keep those in mind. i was told some of what you said by little england after i put all this into motion -__-;; so at least I know better next time.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
lol i hope more people say they're going to this

not that i mind playing poker all day but this is mad close

MarthPwnzer-

Smash Apprentice
I hope people go to this. If only a more dedicated TO was running in.

Don't host a tournament if you plan to play, thats what gets thrown out when you decide to be
a TO.

MacD

Banned via Administration
the earliest i can get here is like 12, probably between 12-1, depends on work

are you really going to start teams at 11

D

Deleted member

I 100% can't go so i can't drive dudes

Dunk is busy also

Adam M!

Smash Lord
agree w/ fly. im a bit undecided if i want to come though, but having the option is nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom