• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ESAM's ZP Monthly tournaments 12/11/10 Dastrn's Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
In the case of a Wii/TV malfunction, the Game will be restarted from the beginning.

No use of Marth’s Grab Release Infinites against Lucas and Ness.

No use of King Dedede’s Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.

No use of Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape Glitch.

(Modified) Pausing will result in the forfeit of a stock unless agreed to.

No use of an action that freezes a Game, or otherwise disrupts standard gameplay.

Any Infinite Move must end before the affected Character reaches 300%.

(Modified) Rock Paper Scissors will be used to determine who gets to pick their port. The winner of RPS will choose his port first. He then strikes the first 4 stages. The loser of RPS will then strike 4 of the remaining stages, determining the first match of the set.

In the 2v2 Event, the winner of RPS choose one Controller Port first. The lower seeded Team must then choose two Controller Ports. The higher seeded Team must use the Controller Port that remains

Players may request a Blind Pick of Characters for the Game 1 of a Match.

If the Timer runs out, the winner of the Game will be determined by the following criteria in this order: Stock and Percentage. If Stock is used to determine a winner, the highest number will win. If Percentage is used to determine a winner, the lowest number will win. If both Stock and Percentage are tied, Sudden Death won’t be used and a Tiebreaker Round will be played instead. In a Tiebreaker Round, Stock will be set to 1, the Timer will be set to 4 Minutes, and the same Stage and Characters must be used.

If the Timer runs out and a Player exceeds the Edge Grab Limit (40 in singles, 90 in doubles), that Player/Team will Forfeit the Game.

Players may take one or more of their teammate’s Stock.

1v1 Settings
Rules = Stock
Stock = 3
Timer = 8 Minutes
Items = Off & None

2v2 Settings
Rules = Stock
Stock = 3
Timer = 8 Minutes
Items = Off & None
Team Attack = On

Stages

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Players will start off with all stages turned on. Players will strike down (in a 1 to 1 fashion) to however many games are in a set (So 3 stages in a BO3, 5 stages in a BO5). From there, players will strike to 1 stage, and that will be the first stage of the set. Te remaining 2 (or 4) stages are the potential counterpicks for the loser of game 1. Stages that are played on in a set CANNOT be played on again in that set.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Players will start off with all stages turned on. Players will strike down (in a 1 to 1 fashion) to however many games are in a set (So 3 stages in a BO3, 5 stages in a BO5). From there, players will strike to 1 stage, and that will be the first stage of the set. Te remaining 2 (or 4) stages are the potential counterpicks for the loser of game 1. Stages that are played on in a set CANNOT be played on again in that set.
I don't know how this will turn out, but it sounds very interesting.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i was just about to ask a question, but when you say all stages turned on, do you mean counterpicks too?

if the answer to that question is yes, then i dont have any additional questions :laugh:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
i was just about to ask a question, but when you say all stages turned on, do you mean counterpicks too?

if the answer to that question is yes, then i dont have any additional questions :laugh:
All of the stages are on, you strike from ALL of the stages. There is no starter and counterpick list, just a stage list.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i say we have a finald/battlefield/smashville only tourney, jus like de ol'days amirite?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Esam, i came up with an idea for a new event while I was staying in bigfoots house in texas.

It can replace doubles somtimes. I call it

DUB SUBS
It's teams, but with 3 players, not two.

THIS IS NOT CREWS

dont confuse them
u have ur starting team
2 of the three people
that u declare at the begining of the tourny
to the host
or w.e.
the host calls the match
the two starting teams play
after the match
the WINNING team
has to first switch a player out
then based on that
the LOSING team
can decide if they want to switch a player out
then
the losing team picks stage
winners pick characters
losers pick characters

the winning team has to switch player first, and their forced to, that way
you dont have me afro and random scrub A team together
and Scrub A gets a free ride
no, everyone in the team must be used to win
i think it adds ALOT more depth

Essentially, it forces players to be good at adapting to other teams, while constantly adapting to their own team mates.

It will show, i believe, who the best in teams are overall, not just who the best with a certain player is (me/afro, riddle/shaky, esamvd)

yeah...

tell me wat u guys think

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
interesting idea, at least, but i think eventually those 3 would just get really good together and then it would be similar to two people being really good together, thus defeating the purpose of your last selling point

"It will show, i believe, who the best in teams are overall, not just who the best with a certain player is (me/afro, riddle/shaky, esamvd)"

and besides, some people team with 1 person all the time cause they just like it. why would I pay for teams to team with someone that isnt gary when i really dont like teaming with anyone that isnt gary (at least in florida), in replacement of regular doubles. I think as a side event it may be cool though, but not a dubs replacement

Edit: and as far as the actual tourney goes, if i can muster a ride from someone, ill come :laugh:

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
I'll believe it if it happens. You won't get my hopes up anymore GDX!! <3 and...you know i read esams new rules looking and hoping for no LGL... ohhhh wells no one can get to see my awesome 104 ledgegrabs :( Being on the ledge makes me happy /sigh ohhhhh wells hope the timer doesn't run out on me-thumbs up- :D

Xaltis

Smash Hero
In the case of a Wii/TV malfunction, the Game will be restarted from the beginning.

No use of Marth’s Grab Release Infinites against Lucas and Ness.

No use of King Dedede’s Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.

No use of Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape Glitch.

(Modified) Pausing will result in the forfeit of a stock unless agreed to.

No use of an action that freezes a Game, or otherwise disrupts standard gameplay.

Any Infinite Move must end before the affected Character reaches 300%.

(Modified) Rock Paper Scissors will be used to determine who gets to pick their port. The winner of RPS will choose his port first. He then strikes the first 4 stages. The loser of RPS will then strike 4 of the remaining stages, determining the first match of the set.

In the 2v2 Event, the winner of RPS choose one Controller Port first. The lower seeded Team must then choose two Controller Ports. The higher seeded Team must use the Controller Port that remains

Players may request a Blind Pick of Characters for the Game 1 of a Match.

If the Timer runs out, the winner of the Game will be determined by the following criteria in this order: Stock and Percentage. If Stock is used to determine a winner, the highest number will win. If Percentage is used to determine a winner, the lowest number will win. If both Stock and Percentage are tied, Sudden Death won’t be used and a Tiebreaker Round will be played instead. In a Tiebreaker Round, Stock will be set to 1, the Timer will be set to 4 Minutes, and the same Stage and Characters must be used.

If the Timer runs out and a Player exceeds the Edge Grab Limit (40 in singles, 90 in doubles), that Player/Team will Forfeit the Game.

Players may take one or more of their teammate’s Stock.

1v1 Settings
Rules = Stock
Stock = 3
Timer = 8 Minutes
Items = Off & None

2v2 Settings
Rules = Stock
Stock = 3
Timer = 8 Minutes
Items = Off & None
Team Attack = On

Stages

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

So these are the real official rules now?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Mmhm. I'll see how the stage thing affects the results/match-ups and see if it is fair to the majority. If not, I'll change it back to the MLG stage list (I found no qualms with it, if anybody did please elaborate on why X stage is terrible) and then all will be fine :D

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Mmhm. I'll see how the stage thing affects the results/match-ups and see if it is fair to the majority. If not, I'll change it back to the MLG stage list (I found no qualms with it, if anybody did please elaborate on why X stage is terrible) and then all will be fine :D
Agh nvm I forgot. Sonic doing the homing attack glitch thingy under the stage the whole match is considered stalling.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Brawl aint so bad.

Apart of me wants to play so i can prove ESAM wrong and get good at this game.

But most of me doesnt care enough :(

Fun chilling with some of you guys last night afro ESAM and seibrik.

OH and sorry Eric when i play a match i almost always focus and wont respond to anyone unless im ******* around lol.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Hmm....this is the week of finals...maybe gonna push it back a week...

College people, tell me when your finals are so I can schedule them after. This weekend is the one before finals?

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
yeah my college finals are december 16th. Normal class ends for me december 10th but then finals are the following week ^^,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom