• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rob's House 4 - 6/23/12 - Ann Arbor, MI

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Rob's House 4: Return of Stratford
6/23/12
Ann Arbor, MI

Venue

This is basically gonna be a big Smashfest, with a couple $5 tourneys and some side events on top of that, so bring your dollar bills! It's being held at my house, the same one as Rob's House 1/2/3. For privacy reasons, please PM me, text me (734-945-4702), or message me on Facebook if you don't know my address, and I'll be happy to provide it to you! There is plenty of free parking along the streets of the neighborhood. All I ask is that you take your shoes off at the front door and leave your food/drinks outside.

Schedule

2pm - Doors Open
4pm - $5 Doubles Tourney
6pm - $5 Singles Tourney
9pm - Draft Crews
11pm - Doors Close

I got 5 TVs here already, but please bring more if you can, smaller TVs (12-16 in) preferred. Definitely bring GameCubes and Melee discs, because I only have three of those to begin with. Bring other games/systems too if you want to take a break from Melee and play something else later in the evening.

Payout: 70/30 for both tourneys

Ruleset

* 4 stock, 8:00 minutes
* Items OFF
* Sets are best-of-3 except Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals, which are best-of-5.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Wobbling is banned.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Glitches such as IC's Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are banned.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
* Dave's Modified Rule: You cannot counterpick the stage you last won on unless it was the stage struck to for the first game, or unless agreed upon by the opponent.

Stagelist:

Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Stage Strike for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First person strikes one stage.
2. Second person strikes the next two stages.
3. First person strikes one stage.

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character
5. Winner chooses their controller port (optional)
6. Loser chooses their controller port (optional)

Miscellaneous

Juggleguy (Rob)

Cell Phone: 734-945-4702

Email: robharn@gmail.com

TVs
1. Juggleguy
2. Juggleguy
3. Juggleguy
4. Juggleguy
5. Juggleguy

GameCubes + Melee discs
1. Juggleguy
2. Juggleguy
3. Juggleguy

Recording Devices
1. Juggleguy

Post if you can make it!

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
im probably gonna end up coming based on there being no tournaments in the midwest anymore

SoiGreg

Smash Journeyman
"Wobbling is banned"

This is strictly against me. No one else even wobbles in Michigan, and it hasn't been mking any major upsets in Michigan also. This is hate twards me....

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
How bout you get good (and not rely on one thing) instead of complaining

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
"Wobbling is banned"

This is strictly against me. No one else even wobbles in Michigan, and it hasn't been mking any major upsets in Michigan also. This is hate twards me....
It wasn't directed towards you. I simply copied the ruleset from nationals such as Revival of Melee, *Pound* 4, HERB 3, G.A.M.M.E., and APEX. Every one of those tourneys has banned wobbling. Instead of relying on the outdated Midwest ruleset, you should really just get used to it, like how Peach players have had to get used to not being able to counterpick Mute City. Also, your statement about how nobody else wobbles in Michigan makes no sense. Surely nobody else takes advantage of the Mewtwo Soul Stunner glitch to win matches in Michigan. Does that make it acceptable to not include a ban of the glitch in the rules?

SoiGreg

Smash Journeyman
It wasn't directed towards you. I simply copied the ruleset from nationals such as Revival of Melee, *Pound* 4, HERB 3, G.A.M.M.E., and APEX. Every one of those tourneys has banned wobbling. Instead of relying on the outdated Midwest ruleset, you should really just get used to it, like how Peach players have had to get used to not being able to counterpick Mute City. Also, your statement about how nobody else wobbles in Michigan makes no sense. Surely nobody else takes advantage of the Mewtwo Soul Stunner glitch to win matches in Michigan. Does that make it acceptable to not include a ban of the glitch in the rules?
Mewtwos Soul stunner is a glitch. As I said before, I was kidding. I would prefer if the Midwest went with every other region, we aren't even that bad. Wobbling in my person opinion isn't that much more broken than ICs in brawl, its just pressing buttons at a certain time in a rythme. Either way, I understand dude. Everything is cool, I was only kidding anyways. Lol

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I know. Personally, I'm on the fence about the wobbling ban. I think the ICs player has to work pretty hard to earn it, but I also think it's stupid for the other player to be punished for their entire stock should they get caught. I just have to go with what the rules have been and will be for all those Melee nationals.

SoiGreg

Smash Journeyman
I know. Personally, I'm on the fence about the wobbling ban. I think the ICs player has to work pretty hard to earn it, but I also think it's stupid for the other player to be punished for their entire stock should they get caught. I just have to go with what the rules have been and will be for all those Melee nationals.
Well, in brawl. You get grabbed, and you should lose that stock. People mess up in melee like they do in brawl. The only difference is that in brawl you have to do more commands. If four commands per grab is the difference between a ban and a non ban. I think that is wrong of the community to ban it. I still respect the community's decision about it, so I don't have a problem with it.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
moral of the story: wobbling isn't particularly broke, just no one likes it. That's why it's been off/on being banned. Anything related to any of Mewtwo's glitches are too stupid to be banned. The soul stunner's banned as a byproduct of needing to ban other things.

More moral of the story: It can go either way, and it doesn't matter either way, so... done.

SoiGreg

Smash Journeyman
moral of the story: wobbling isn't particularly broke, just no one likes it. That's why it's been off/on being banned. Anything related to any of Mewtwo's glitches are too stupid to be banned. The soul stunner's banned as a byproduct of needing to ban other things.

More moral of the story: It can go either way, and it doesn't matter either way, so... done.
Thanks for ending it? I'm tired of getting hate from jungle. I don't know what I did to him O_o

IC ditto? Just down smash with peach.
Desynched blizard, grab, you lose your stock. GG.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, you can IM me if you want to discuss it in private.

Either way, I have no actual hate against anyone

Velynn

Smash Journeyman

sounds like a $5 MM, peach vs ICs, if it's really that easy.

SoiGreg

Smash Journeyman

sounds like a $5 MM, peach vs ICs, if it's really that easy.
Did I ever say "It's so easy". No. If you miss a downsmash, and I execute everything corretly, you lose a stock.

I will $1 MM you if you use your main :D I love playing everyone at their best.

Velynn

Smash Journeyman
It looked like you implied it. To think a scenario will play out perfectly like that is just silly, which made me think you could make the grabs and execute everything at least decently well. Even more to suggest that against peach. Maybe if I was DD camping with a faster character and I ran into it..but peach will be floating a lot of the time/you'll be split so often and easily. And the GG part irked me.

But sure, i'll give you: Roy, C.F., or Marth.

Also, you're raising my post count. Which means I won't be the best anymore =\.

Top Bottom