• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GEORGIA MELEE ~ Feb 4th ~ Smashfest at SPSU (Marietta, GA)~ FEAT. MAD BOOTY

BBQ°

Smash Champion

On February 4th, 2011, SPSU will be hosting a MELEE-ONLY smashfest located in the Howell Dorm Lobby. We're setting it up to be really nice since we're having smashers from Columbus visit us.

Info
*The smashfest starts at 3 PM and goes on all night
*There will be at least 7 set ups for us to use
*Housing is available if you need a place to crash for the night **ask me for details**
*The smashfest is located in the Howell Dorm Lobby
*Melee only (nothing personal with Brawl. This is just a one-time deal)

Confirmed:
Alpha, Kismet, Gerbil + Other Columbus people
FullMetal
SleepyK
Rayku
BigLou
BBQ
Ron
Ovonte
Naquan
Chris (Doctor Mario Guy)
Tubes
Dr. Pepper
The Great Wazoo
Marsfool (?lol?)
Gadiel VaStar
Archaic
Masterspeaks
Jx31
Firoki
Tairseth

Maybe:
DruggedFox
DashDanceDan
-Fatality-
AML
Spank That Dill
IH

important info

We will have 7 TVs, but more TVs are always welcome.

WE NEED GAMECUBES + COPIES OF MELEE/MEMORY CARDS

TVs:
SPSU (7)
Rayku (1)
The Great Wazoo (1, maybe 2)
Dr Pepper (1)

Gamecube + Melee + Memory Card
Ron (1)
BBQ (1)
Ovonte (1)
Rayku (1)
The Great Wazoo (1?)
Firoki (1)
Dr Pepper (1)
Jx31 (1)

everyone please update me with your info so I can add or remove you from the list. Thanks mangs.

Read the rest of this first post for all the info:

facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=378198184824&ref=ts

This week will be the 21st smashfest at SPSU! Get hyped for XVVI

Please read the most recent posts in this topic for updates on TIME and PLACE.

What's good, GA smashers?

For those who are looking for Melee or Brawl sex time, we play smash all night long at Southern Poly State University (SPSU) on Friday nights. I figured I'd make a thread to spread the word because it seems like a lot of the Brawl people don't know about it (lol I only tell Melee people), and I'd like to keep a thread for discussion specific to spsu smashfests and also I will be posting videos on here.

During school season- Every other thursday is Get Wrecked's big game night. We have Melee, Brawl, Street Fighter 4, BlazBlue, Tekken 6, Melty Blood, Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2, and any other games you guys want to bring. The next big game night is (sometime next semester), but the Melee/brawlfests are every week.
^we haven't done this since spring '10

Info:
Every Friday starting at 6:30 PM (sometimes we start earlier, just check recent posts for the plans)
We play in either: the new smash location, FrozenPopo's apartment, or in the Howell Dorm lobby. We usually have 3-7 setups depending on size.
Call me if something comes up and/or if you need any help
678-763-5331

Southern Polytechnic State University directions and campus map:
http://www.spsu.edu/home/about/directions.html
http://www.spsu.edu/home/about/campusmap.html

Regular attendees are:
BBQ
BigLou
SleepyK
DashDanceDan
Tubes
RJ
FullMetal
Desu
Soft
Zom~B
4Leaf
Boss Nasty
Luis
Archaic
Marty (GA Peach)
FrozenHobo
AML?!
Daniel
Daniel's Friend
DashDanceDan's friends
Dr. Pepper
Rayku
Ron
Ovonte
Stanley (Yoshi Guy)
Chris (Doc guy who can up-b cancel)
Adam (BigO)
Davis (Rook)
Meatpopsicle
Urdailywater
Fatality1337Falcon
Nana Brutal
Iblis
Cheap
Zero Gamer
MC Killa
Random peeps I forgot names

yeah, I know this seems like a melee smashfest, but that's only because brawl people don't show up.

Video information!!!
I like to record matches and upload them (slowly but steadily). I also upload any funny **** that goes down so watch them lool.
Also! We really need a hype commentator lol

my youtube chanel:
www.youtube.com/bbqm8

funny/misc:
Ron vs BBQ hype fox ditto match
Lounis's Algerian DI
Marth's Sword is a pen1s
BBQ vs Tubes commentary matches
The Boss Nasty Combo - Peach
Tubes Falcon Combo

friendlies:
BBQ (Marth) vs BigO (Zelda)
Boss Nasty (Peach) vs Rook (Pikachu)
Boss Nasty (Peach) vs BigLou (Fox)
Boss Nasty (Peach) vs BBQ (Marth)
Boss Nasty (Peach) vs Tubes (Captain Falcon)
SleepyK (Fox/Falcon) vs Tubes (Blue Falcon)
SleepyK (Black Falcon) vs Tubes (Blue Falcon)

Rayku

Smash Lord
Rather, the Brawl players that show up only play 4-man freeforalls the -entire- time and refuse to admit anything else is fun.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Rather, the Brawl players that show up only play 4-man freeforalls the -entire- time and refuse to admit anything else is fun.
"but then i can't snipe people with yoshi and claim i'm better than everyone because i let lounis set up my kills!"

seriously, this place is full of ******* that won't shut up.

NCRT

Smash Rookie
Is there anything else that is fun? Ever? In all of existence?

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Sounds like Brawl players really aren't welcome
They're definitely welcome, but the usual ones who show up don't have the competetive mindset- that being, they'd rather play the way Sakurai intended brawl to be-

4 player FFAs on all stages. Items optional.

So Rayku, wanting to play some SRS brawl friendlies, was quite put-out that they clung to their scrubby ways.
Thats all.

In other news, Desu and I will be there tonight-
Bettah show up, SONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
They're definitely welcome, but the usual ones who show up don't have the competetive mindset- that being, they'd rather play the way Sakurai intended brawl to be-

4 player FFAs on all stages. Items optional.

So Rayku, wanting to play some SRS brawl friendlies, was quite put-out that they clung to their scrubby ways.
Thats all.

In other news, Desu and I will be there tonight-
Bettah show up, SONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
no, not all stages, and definitly no items... really its just that one yoshi player who keeps making us do free for alls/teams (the guy is terrible at the game, but he gets cocky if his team is winning...).

in reality, the people that do play smash are more along the lines of casual/competitive (play competitive setting, but in a casual environment), though even then they have a tendency to turn off team attack/etc. i've gotten to the point where i don't even want to play brawl at these places anymore because of how dumb the people are.

Rayku

Smash Lord
so, what you're saying, Frozen, is that there are a bunch of scrubby jerks who play Brawl and have no sense of humility?

Yeah that's why I don't even try to play there anymore.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Sounds like Brawl players really aren't welcome
Not true at all. There are just 3-4 Brawl players there that like casual play. If more competitive brawl players show up, then you guys will get a better rep.

Also, BigLou goes to SPSU, and he will be there today. That reason alone should get all the Brawl players to come out tonight. He'll give you really good experience.

D

Deleted member

"but then i can't snipe people with yoshi and claim i'm better than everyone because i let lounis set up my kills!"

seriously, this place is full of ******* that won't shut up.
Lol. I know exactly who you're....

BBQ°

Smash Champion
bump for tomorrow - it's the big game night, with games such as SF4, tvc2, bb, brawl, melee, etc.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I'll be there in a bit, BBQ. Just gotta make dinner for the Lady Friend and shower myself senseless

Rayku

Smash Lord
I wish Brawl would be at these with at least one setup. Sometimes I get the urge to play.

I do love ****** -everyone- in Brawl+ though.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
bump for tomorrow (tuesday)!!

This might be the last smashfest for a while - we'll see. I'm probably going home Thursday afternoon, so there won't be a smashfest on Thursday.

Also, for those who are concerned about SPSU smash during the summer: Ron said that if he's there, then smash is there, so we're clear for the summer :D

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Alright, so I convinced my parents to let me stay on campus for one more day, which means there will be another smashfest tonight :D

I don't have class or anything really going on today, so come whenever you want to. Just call me since I'll probably be sleeping. If it's after 4 PM, I'll probably be awake to respond to texts - lol.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I -may- be able to stop by for a while, who's going to be there/when?
It was a pretty small smashfest, but it was still enjoyable. Too bad you didn't make it :(
Sleepy, Rayku, Tubes, and Dr. Pepper showed up.

woah woah woah

woah woah

woah

woah.

You mean to tell me that THE LEGENDARY UP+B CANCELLING DOC STILL EXISTS?!?!
Yeah rofl. I guess everyone knows this guy as "the guy who can up-b cancel with doc"? lolol.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Yo anthony what about me, my *** was there too
as much as it looks like I forgot about you, the truth is I couldn't list your name next to other people that aren't worthy of you. it would be disgrace to you, kinda like the 10 feet rule.

GOD!

Smash Ace
You guys aren't a couple are you?

On another note: is this still happening this Thursday?

GOD!

Smash Ace
Well school is out for me, tech, and uga.. I don't know if its out for them or not and I don't see why they would all drive to SPSU to play smash if they didn't have school. That was my reasoning.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I wish I could go this Thursday but I might have a "date" with someone that night.

And yes, Anthony/BigLou are friends with benefits.

Although it's really only benefits for Lounis.

Top Bottom