• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Release Date:
JPN September 14 2010
US Spring 2011
EUR 2011

7/30/10 New Six minute trailer in the following post. Meow.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqcVf4Da23Q&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;border =1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqcVf4Da23Q&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;border =1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Sanu

Smash Champion
Haha grey? I'd love to see them go there lol

At least it seems like it's gonna be for the NDS, won't have to wait on the 3DS release first yay.

Mewter

Smash Master
YEAH ON THE FIRST PAGE!

I thought he was joking too until I clicked the url.
Those are sweet names! A return to the colors, huh?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'd rather it was on the 3DS. The upside is we won't need a new handheld. Other than that I really would like to see what GF could do with a more powerful system. A new gen deserves a new platform.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Firus reminded me it was Zook who called it. He's way too pro.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Holy ****, who called it?
I know SOMEONE called it...too lazy to look back though. Maybe in the morning when I'm not tired. :sonic:

On a related note, I really hope they don't do the "omg shadow world" thing that was talked about in the 5th gen thread, but the presence of Zoroark (and now these new versions) is kind of...I don't know...telling. And not in the good way.

But I'm still insanely excited for this. Moar Pokemaaaaaan.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
does that site means its coming out april 15th? lol
i dont see any mentioning of the year 2011

Spire

III
BRoomer
Any confirmation that it's Black and White? Seems like it could be Ebony and Ivory given the recent names in the series...

Nevermind, "bw" in the url says a lot.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Well, this should be interesting to say the least.

Looking forward to it.

Kel

Smash Master
The site lists basic things: such as it will be an RPG and on the DS and be released THIS FALL.

It also mentions that next Thursday (April 15th [JAPAN TIME]) they will be "redressing" the B&W site. So stay tuned for that =).

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Heh, maybe it'll get changed to Ebony and Ivory in the USA. I want to play Pokemon: Black Version!

Maybe Zoroark has a "whiter" counterpart?

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
The site lists basic things: such as it will be an RPG and on the DS and be released THIS FALL.

It also mentions that next Thursday (April 15th [JAPAN TIME]) they will be "redressing" the B&W site. So stay tuned for that =).
Wow, this fall? AND 3rd gen remakes? This is too good.

And the names are really nice.

Mewter

Smash Master
Leave it to Nintendo to save money on teasers.
Three or four measly lines of Msoft Movie Maker is all we get.:laugh:

Chill

Red
BRoomer
There is supposed to be a reveal in Corocoro on the 11th plus whatever happens on pokemon sunday so the site should update on the 15th.

Dokuro

Smash Ace
Yeah, I edited my last post after noticing the bw in the url.

Also, the 4 and 15 on there probably suggest that the site will be updated on the 15th of this month right?
Yeah. However, we'll most likely be getting new information around the 11th because of Pokemon Sunday and CoroCoro leaks.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Smashboards found out about Pokémon Black and White before Serebii.

Smashboards leveled up!

Mewter

Smash Master
Woah, that's right!
We should invade their forums and rub it in their faces. :p

finalark

SNORLAX
Holy **** I totally called it!

... to bad I didn't post about it.

Anyway, I'm going to bet that the titles will probably be changed when they reach the west. Because you can't say "black" or "white" without someone going "OMG RACSIT!!!" Ugh, oh well. So yeah, this in combination of remakes of my favorite gen (say what you will, but I loved PKM R/S/E) is going to make me one happy gamer.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Holy **** I totally called it!

... to bad I didn't post about it.

Anyway, I'm going to bet that the titles will probably be changed when they reach the west. Because you can't say "black" or "white" without someone going "OMG RACSIT!!!" Ugh, oh well. So yeah, this in combination of remakes of my favorite gen (say what you will, but I loved PKM R/S/E) is going to make me one happy gamer.
Sure you can. I really don't see this being a racial problem at all. For a time, you could buy either black or white iPods and no one pulled the race card. Choosing Black and White as Pokemon version names looks like they're trying to fit the games in with the new, sleek direction that the DS series is taking.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
This is awesome. And I still can't believe Zook nailed the names. (Here's the original post.)

We're going to have to refer to them either with the "Pokémon" or just say "B/W", though. Saying "Black/White" is going to sound a little odd.

By the way, inb4 stupid racism complaints by the general public.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I want my giant mish mash of every gen slammed into one.

I wanna go to every region in one game.

I want to be able to complete the whole **** pokedex in one game without having to trade version exclusives.

Where is my perfect pokemon game?

finalark

SNORLAX
I want my giant mish mash of every gen slammed into one.

I wanna go to every region in one game.

I want to be able to complete the whole **** pokedex in one game without having to trade version exclusives.

Where is my perfect pokemon game?
Pokemon Reddish Gold Ruby Diamonds and Pokemon Blueish Silver Sapphire Pearls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom