• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Electric Levitater is not more bulky than Spiritomb.

85/80/80 defenses arent that amazing.

I want everyone to take a brief look at the new most broken dragon in existence, mr Ononokusu

If that thing gets Dragon Dance it will be the fastest move to Ubers I've ever seen lmao.

Also I want everyone to take some time to think about what the pokemon Meloia is. Psychic/Normal with Serene Grace on top of a 128 SpAtk. Think about the kind of movepools your average psychic and normal types have and tell me that doesnt make you cringe.

Smugleaf

Smash Cadet
that base 147 attack dragon is confirmed to have dragon dance, but Skarm still walls it, since it lacks a good special attack stat to abuse Fire Blast.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Man, the new Pokémon suck. They all look like someone's fakemon. Seems as if every Pokémon released as promotional material were the only ones that resembled the older generations. **** I'm disappointed.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm really hoping some turn out to be in old pokemon evolutionary lines, that's what really has be dissapointed.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
You mad, Spire?

I'm fairly pleased with the Pokémon at least how they look in comparison to another. I dunno about with the rest.

EDIT: I definitely think Gear's evolutions are wasted potential for a cooler, more machine-ish Pokémon. I don't even know what moves Gigigear could have. :p

M.K

Level 55
Man, the new Pokémon suck. They all look like someone's fakemon. Seems as if every Pokémon released as promotional material were the only ones that resembled the older generations. **** I'm disappointed.
Yeah I do. Wasn't directed only at you.

I'm tired of people complaining the second new games are unveiled and/or info regarding them. It's truly something that comes with age. The more time you've had to analyze your favorite game series, the more conservative you can become, holding on to old values too tightly. This is something that happens big time with Zelda.

Nintendo: Wind Waker's cell shading is unveiled.
Humans: BOOOOO!!!! We want a dark, realistic Zelda!
Nintendo: Okay here's Twilight Princess.
Humans: BOOOOO!!!! This game sucks, it's just like Ocarina of Time but easier! Oh wow Wind Waker really was a good game, man that game rocks! Oh and did you hear about Majora's Mask? MAN THAT GAME IS SO AWESOME, I CAN'T BELIEVE I NEVER PLAYED IT UNTIL NOW!
Nintendo: Okay, here's Skyward Sword, it's kind of like a compromise between WW and TP and is based before OoT so it ties into that too.
Humans: THIS IS STUPID, WE WANT MAJORA'S MASK 2.0!
Nintendo: ...

See what I'm getting at here?
What were you saying again?

Spire

III
BRoomer
What were you saying again?
lol I knew this would happen.

Looking over them again, most are starting to grow on me. I'm glad GF was being honest when they said, "you're not even going to know this is Pokémon". I just want to see the artwork because sprites don't do enough justice to the designs.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I've read that the three event Pokemon at the end of the 'dex are based off of children's toys.

Rocking Horse, Musical Toy, and Bug Robot.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So many slow walls to slow down the metagame, this is amazing<3 Not to mention 90% of them are amazing, where 4th gen had like a 65% ratio to me.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Aerodactyl @ Swimming Goggles
252 Speed / Jolly
Sleep Talk
Whirlwind
Roar

Swimming Goggles makes non-Water-types fall asleep.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Oh wow, so many of these new Pokemon are just great. Sure, there are a few dissapointments (legendaries in particular), but for the most part, this is one good looking gen.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
16 PP will do the equivalent of killing one Pokémon neutral to Stealth Rock. Factor in spikes, and you've got something very lethal.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
****!!! Are you kidding me!!?? Fire/Fighting AGAIN!!??? :mad: Originality, much!!??

I like some of the combinations of types from some of the Pokemon. Fire/Bug, Ground/Ghost, Dark/Dragon, there's some good ones, but there's too many Psychic-types, to be honest.

With the twin monkeys and Gear and whatever's with the Justice Heart/Mischievous Heart group of semi-Legendaries, some of 5th Gen are awesome, and some of them are like WTF!?? I like the side quest of finding the sages after the Elite Four. Finally, a GOOD side quest instead of Battle Frontiers and grinding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom