• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink! 3 - Northbrook, IL - 5/15/10 - Brawl, Brawl+, Melee!!

Kirk

Smash Champion
Don't Blink! 3​
5/15/10 --- Northbrook, IL

AllisBrawl Tournament page: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9491

So, yeah. Another tournament hosted by myself and Blind. Everyone had a great time at the last one, so we will be holding yet another one! This tournament will feature BRAWL, BRAWL+, BRAWL- and MELEE!

Keep in mind, details are still being figured out and certain areas are subject to change. We will keep you updated, so no worries.

The Venue

Nickel City
555 Waukegan Rd.
Northbrook, IL 60062

PHONE: 1-847-559-8727

Nickel City is an arcade where you can play many games for just 5 cents. Some of the games you can even play for free. We have space reserved in their party room in back, so that's where the tournament will be happening.

NOTE: There is NO outside food or drink allowed inside the facility. Also note that Nickel City does have food available for purchase.

Schedule

5:30pm - Venue opens for the tournament. Arrivals, Registration, and Friendlies may occur at this time.
6:15pm - Brawl Doubles Begins.
7:00pm - Melee Singles Begins.
8:00pm - Brawl+ Singles Begins.
9:00pm - Brawl Singles Begins. Will start at the conclusion of Brawl Doubles.
10:00pm - Brawl- Singles Begins. Will start at the conclusion of Brawl+ Singles.
3:00am - Venue closes.

Up in the air still:

Doubles(Melee or Brawl+) - MAYBE. Will depend on interest and time.

Registration will begin for all events at 5:30pm. Registration will close 10 minutes before the start of an event.

NOTE: Schedule is TENTATIVE. We may be making alterations for the next one, slight if anything.

Entry Fees

Venue Fee: $5 --- This covers the cost of the room AND gets you access to play all of the arcade games available throughout the venue.

Brawl Doubles - $5 per person($10 per team)
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl+ Singles - $5
Brawl- Singles - $5
Melee Singles - $5

NOTE: As always, if there is enough interest, we can raise the entry fees for some events.

Setups

We NEED setups! If you bring a full setup(TV and a Wii) your venue fee will be waived. If you bring a partial setup(TV or a Wii) your venue fee will be reduced to $3.

IMPORTANT: There will be a limit to the number of sets we will use. We will take signups for people who want to bring a setup. See the next post below for details.

Prizes

Pot Splits

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

The pot split will be the same for all events.

Housing

As this tournament may last a long time, myself and Blind can house people if they need it, especially those coming from out of state. If you are interested in housing, please let us know! We will keep a record of it in the post below.

Tournament Rules

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

Additional Rules for Doubles Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage List

Neutral Stages

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island(Brawl)
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages

Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1

Brawl+

Same rules as Brawl, except stocks will be set to 4 instead of 3.

Stage List

Neutral Stages

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Wario Ware

Counterpick Stages

Delfino Plaza
Yoshi's Island(Brawl)
Skyworld+
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
SSE Jungle

Brawl-

Same rules as Brawl, except stocks will be set to 4 instead of 3.

Stage List

Same as Brawl.

Super Smash Bros. Melee

* Items are set to off.
* Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
* Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
* The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
* Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
* Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
* Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
* Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Additional Rules for Teams Play

* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON

Redwood Counter Pick System
1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

Stage List

Neutral Stages

Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Dreamland
Battlefield
Hanenbow
Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only)
Pokemon Stadium (Doubles Only)

Counterpick Stages

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium (Singles Only)
Poke Floats (Doubles Only) - lol?

Other Rules

-If you want to use your SD card for one of the Brawl+ or Brawl- setups, you must check them in with a TO before they are to be used.

Contact Information

If you have any questions you can reach us at:

Kirk
Phone - 1-224-805-3480
AIM - CaptainChemoX

Blind
Phone - 1-847-987-5486
AIM - WarrenFG

Oro
Phone - 1-630-740-0270
AIM - Bzoo09

Kirk

Smash Champion
PRE-REGISTRATION

If you plan on entering, PLEASE let us know! We will sign you up here. This will help us get started faster as well as help with the seeding for brackets.

Note: Names in magenta are listed as "maybes." And because magenta is cool like that.

01. Kirk -
02. Blind - Brawl+, Brawl-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SETUPS

If you can bring a setup, PLEASE let us know! We will keep a record of it here. We will be limiting the amount of setups that we will be using, so keep that in mind.

Full Setups (Brawl)
1. Kirk (with hacks)
2. Blind (with hacks)

Full Setups (Melee)

TV Only
1. Kirk

Wii Only

Gamecube Only

Kirk

Smash Champion
Just getting this up now for the sake of the date being posted, will flesh out the details and potential changes later...when I don't have to go to work!

ORLY

Smash Master
I'll be entering the same three events. And I'm calling dibs for a Melee set-up! DIBS, KIRK. DIBS.

hunger!

Smash Champion
i call dibs on bringing a brawl setup.

looking for a partner. kain/quik/someone good that will beat fatboy and grimace with me. :) :)

also. 20 a team 20 a team 20 a team!!!!

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Don't worry Chris you will get first priority this time. Neither of us got our venue waived, and I was there with everyone when they wouldn't let us in the venue! >_>

Quaz... we might have to team for vBrawl... it will be hilarious when we win! MK Falco!

Quik17

Smash Ace
I'm teaming with arty hunger

@D.Disciple - try to bring MN to this if you can. The venue is amazing!!

ThatsWhatSheSaid

Smash Apprentice
Ah what the hell, I'll preregister.

I'll sign for Brawl singles and Brawl-...I'm thinkin about doubles but not confirmed. And I'm the trashiest doubles Game and Watch lol

And you can also put me down for just a Wii (with hacks)

MidwestBorderPatrol

Smash Cadet
Hey I'm from Palatine Illinois and I will for sure be at this so sign me up for melee singles and probably doubles but I'm not sure yet if my crew can come

Wafles

Smash Lord
Btw sign me up for brawl, singles and teams, and brawl-. Not entering melee this time in favor of brawl- I think.

Who wants to team in brawl?

also ivysaur4president

Kirk

Smash Champion
So, we MIGHT be changing the date, effectively pushing the tournament back a week(to the 22nd of May) due to ACEN being the same weekend.

As I said, this is only a possibility, but if it were to happen, would everyone be cool with that? We're hoping to resolve as many conflicts as possible.

I will also direct your attention here: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9491

I have added a poll for your convenience. Share your opinion, please!

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
So, we MIGHT be changing the date, effectively pushing the tournament back a week(to the 22nd of May) due to ACEN being the same weekend.

As I said, this is only a possibility, but if it were to happen, would everyone be cool with that? We're hoping to resolve as many conflicts as possible.
*happiness flailing*. You got no idea how happy that makes me. It literally fills me with JOY.

I'd dare say squee and glomp, except that'd A) come off as gay and b) ****in' weeaboos.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Going to wait until after the weekend is over to make a final decision, but preliminary analysis suggests that we will NOT be changing the date. We will keep weighing our options in the meantime, but that's whats up for right now.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
If it means more people can show I'm down for changing the date. Plus then I get to save gas by hitchiking with Sponge.

Top Bottom