• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink! 3 - Northbrook, IL - 5/15/10 - Brawl, Brawl+, Melee!!

Oro?!

Smash Hero
i might come to the melee for this

worth it?
It depends. If you have to drive from Ohio and back just for this, then probs not. If you just happen to be back in IL then hell yeah come chill. It's more of a Brawl event, but that's mostly because MW Melee driving johnz.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Awesome BigD! Haven't seen you since Vro Zones last summer, and I could use some Falcon critique since my latest fail on the falcon boards that Iamthemicrowave posted. >_>

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
Well i was going to say i was hoping the date would be changed but websters tourney is that same weekend.. dang! I am also going to ACEN :3 maybe I'll see Jordan and the other guy going there though!

i wanna come but ACEN jonhz in the way D:

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Most likely because you would allow me to play MK due to the fact I don't play Brawl.:laugh:

Quaz is a genius and everyone who matters to me should do this.
But then I'll miss out on the Shin-Chan VA panel.

No dice. Though, I might have accidentally made my friend not want to go, aka ****.

Scythe

Smash Master
I doubt anyone who is going to ACEN is just going to ACEN for brawl. Besides all Arty won last year from it was some trophy.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I have been to ACEN/Comic Con and all that jazz, but in the end I always ask myself why I pay 35$ plus for a day of walking and hanging out with friends. (plus cool free stuff >_>)

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
I have been to ACEN/Comic Con and all that jazz, but in the end I always ask myself why I pay 35$ plus for a day of walking and hanging out with friends. (plus cool free stuff >_>)
You forget the making fun of morbidly obese people, weeaboos, weeaboos who definitely shouldn't cosplay the character they're attempting, cosplay "in character" , go to the panels, laugh at the terrible AMVs, nap in the anime screenings, talk to random people, make friends, and more!

There's tons to do at the actual convention. Oh, and cool free stuff.

BTW, I'm probably coming to this instead. My friend went emo when I suggested we cut costs =/

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
sex and rave sounds more fun to me.. tho I am probably only going for the rave and other random stuff:D

my room + ticket was free. Food costs and anything i choose to buy that isn't free. is all i need for cash.

Other things to do than just brawling, man theres a pokemon tournament. Gotta go to that too :p~

anyways quaz, since I'm not the one driving, I cant actually do that.. otherwise i might lol. Unless you could be my ride? :p~

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Lmao Tink I already pointed out how fast Melee players were done and out of the venue without me even pressing you guys to finish matches. Should def have time this go around. Seriously though, to avoid further setup confusion, post that you are bringing one so I can write you down. We only have room to waive 5 VBrawl setups, 3 hacked setups, and 4 Melee setups.

Tink

Smash Hero
****...melee still 5$ huh? should make singles for 10 and teams for 5 :p....i dont see alottt of brawl ppl entering melee :/.

edit: mundungu, i think i can take vro to this if u wanted to reunite the ultimate 2nd place team :p....

also, I CALL 1 of those setups for melee!!!

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i dont care

this is starting in the evening right? will we even have time for teams?

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
****...melee still 5$ huh? should make singles for 10 and teams for 5 :p....i dont see alottt of brawl ppl entering melee :/.
Melee Singles - 23 Entrants

1: Kels ($69.00)
2: Cosmo ($34.50)
3: Tink ($11.50)
4: Matt R
5: Mendoza
5: ORLY?!
7: Bzoo
7: Quaz
9: Arty
9: Money
9: Over9000
9: Quik
13: Greek
13: Al Cheeto
13: Scythe
13: Metroid
17: Andrew
17: Wafles
17: Ook
17: Sponge
17: Dietz
17: Kappy
17: Zwarm

Really?

Oro?!

Smash Hero
wtf? Why am I bolded? I guess if all Tink/Kels care about is money though 9/23 wouldn't enter making a pot of 140 instead of 115. Holy **** big difference... >_>

Regardless, whatever the majority wants is what is happeneing.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I probably won't enter if it's $10, just saying. I'm not confident enough in Melee to just throw my money away, $5 is okay though. :bee:

Tink

Smash Hero
loll...u guys are going off past results to tell me whos gonna enter this one? lollll....**** you *****s gotta perdict my lottery ticket i guess -_-.....the last one got no interest for melee and thus none of the melee kids really came....

but in all honesty, would i rather have a bigger pot? so i can make gas moneys back? full of melee players
or a bloated pools/bracket where we have to wait for brawl ppl to finish their matches so they can play melee and we wait?

Top Bottom