• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

STL: A Cool Cats Approach to Competitive Brawl($5 dollar entry)

Teh Future

Smash Master
The Deal Breaker:

So we are still not sure if this is going to be a monthly tournament series for St. Louis. It was without a doubt a lot of fun and the turnout was good. But only at first glance. More than half of these were out of state attendance. Only 12 people that entered the tournament were from the St. Louis area. Hopefully with the good turnout for this month and the good reception that we are likely to receive, alongside with a few videos and pictures provided by Ripple and Rauleen, local players will be more willing to come. There are a lot of local players that were on the verge of coming, but did not for various reasons. In addition, this isn't the only factor in deciding whether or not this will turn into a monthly thing. As you all know, this was at my house. A good turnout was awesome for the tournament, but also increased the mess afterwards and the noise level when the tournament was going on. Whether or not my mom will allow me to go on with these is up to her. I can confirm that my house will be a venue for future tournaments, but how often I can't yet say. If this does turn to monthlies there will be no tournament in May. I’m going to have a lot going on and this just isn't going to happen. If this turns into monthlies it will be starting in June. When this does happen again (either monthlies or just another tournament) I will be sending another wave of private messages on both Smashboards and AllisBrawl to remind people. I want to thank everyone for coming and supporting this though. I had a lot of fun.

tl;dr version: Worst case scenario this will not be a monthly tournament series, but more tournaments in the same venue will happen on a less regular basis. Best case scenario monthly tournaments will begin in June (skipping May) .

RESULTS:

2v2:

1: Teh **** (Domo :metaknight: /MJG :toonlink: ) ($72.00)
2: Why So Serious? (Joker :024: /Razor :metaknight: ) ($36.00)
3: Fino :olimar: /Zeton :fox: ($12.00)
4: Lain and Meep (Hylian/Future)
5: Buttsecks Fertility Clinic (Cook/Metal)
5: Ripple/Oranos
7: TP/Josh
7: Legan Pees in My Butt so You Don't Have to! (Nicole/Legan)
9: SNO/FAE
9: Sorry, I NEED this (Tmacc/JLO)
9: Kirbicide is the Answer (JoWii/Radium88)
9: Schism/Clove

1v1 (30 entries):

1: MJG ($116.00) :toonlink:
2: Domo ($58.00) :metaknight:
3: Zeton ($20.00) :fox:
4: Fino :olimar:
5: Nicole :peach:
5: Hylian :popo: :gw:
7: Future :popo:
7: Joker :024:
9: Cook :olimar:
9: SkyPirate :olimar:
9: TP :metaknight:
9: Ripple :dk2:
13: Razer :dedede: :wolf:
13: Surjan :diddy:
13: Schism :gw: :popo:
13: Legan :link2:
17: Watkins :ike: :metaknight:
17: JLO :peach:
17: Oranos :gw:
17: JoWii :kirby:
17: Zash :shiek: :toonlink:
17: SNO :toonlink:
17: FAE :lucas:
17: Tmacc :dedede:
25: Peeks :gw:
25: Metal :falco:
25: altF4 :diddy:
25: Josh :diddy:
25: Radium88 :kirby:
25: Clove :samus:

:bee::bee::bee::bee::bee:

Ripple recorded lots of videos, but he has finals so they might not be up for a while. Here is his youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Roanoke884

Teh Future

Smash Master
MJGs downsmash KOs at 0% and doesn't afraid of anything.

Let me know if any of the characters are wrong. I dont know who Peeks used

so.... yeah shoutouts later after i nap

Nicole

Smash Champion
Peeks plays GW. Fun tournament, nice seeing everyone, shoutouts later, blah blah blah.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
TP pwned it up and I forgot how to play this game in Singles. lol.

Good tournament, everyone. I can't wait for the videos from crew battles to be uploaded!

gantrain05

Smash Master
goooood tourney, even tho i got wrecked, (i'll get you next time MJG!)

shoutouts????

MJG - too good man, i always have fun playing your toon link, i think im slowly figurin u out lol.

Future - how much did you have to drink man, u are a very strange drunk lol. also good **** with those IC's

Zash - stop using that chain, its garbage XD

TMACC - good **** in teams, yeah we got pwnd, but they were all close, im not too upset about it.

Nicole - 5th?! not bad, but u didn't win so w/e.

Cook - ...............olimar

Zeton - you crazy, but thats why we love you.

Domo - stop losing to toon links

Fino - watch out for mjg's right hand....

Jlo - you suck, play MK already

the rest of iowa - (see above)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Good stuff, my Austin boys. Next time I definitely wanna come with you guys.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
hey twilight, our "$5 money match" is going up now ;)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
did you play him early or during singles... looking for things when I didn't split them for over 6 hours is kinda hard

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Awesome tournament guys, so much epic stuff. Nice to meet alot of people for the first time, and see some others once again. All in all, a super fun day! David, thanks for hosting! Hopefully it happens again next month!

1: MJG: Awesome job winning this. Great MM set, and thanks for all the compliments! Oh, one more thing...you have a wicked right hook. haha :p

2: Domo: Good stuff Domo! Your smack talk in crews was too gud, crazy mind games. Also: we have to play some friendlies next time.

3: Zeton: Way to completely wreck me in crews. Quite embarassing xD Nah, you blow my mind, I was simply braindead as you ***** me. Fun friendlies, thanks for the advice and compliments! I am going to take you down next time...so watch out :)

4: Fino: Good **** with that Lolimar.

5: Nicole: A girl...got 5th? WTF. Nah, serously, awesome job, yo just keep getting better. Fun friendlies, as always. Stop pulling gay **** out of the ground with your brken character, please. :)

5: Hylian: Awesome hanging out with you this weekend, once again! I expect we will see you soon again...haha. Also, try not to get wrecked by Shiek's overB, k? :D

7: Future: lern2drink. Lol, seriously..."lets play football with this plastic cup!" as you go on to semitackle me out of nowhere...haha. Thanks for hosting bro, great tournamet!

7: Joker: thanks for the friendlies! I hope I can come out to a monthly of yours sometime. also...watch out for those Lucus players :)

9: Cook. You play lolimar. And you're alright. I guess. way to destroy people with little plant things.

9: SkyPirate: Nice hanging out with you this weekend, you are a chill guy. Keep up the lolimar!

9: TP: Nice doubles bro, you played well. Nice placing too, you were wreckin' peeps.

9: Ripple: Thanks for recording everything! Your Fox is getting more legit too. Keep it up. Thanks for the friendlies! And that hat...too gud.

13: Razer: I still can't believe we play the same 3 characters (and in some cases the same color) haha...D3, ROB, and Wolf are too gud. Awesome friendlies, can't wait to play you again!

13: Surjan: Nice Diddy, keep it up

13: Schism: awesome brackets match, I still can't believe I wont that first one with your ICs. I also can't believe you survived that dash attack at 90 with your G and W...dumb bucket xD

13: Legan: Great brackets set brotha! Wish you coulda stayed later/played in crews. Keep wreckin'.

17: Watkins: You were Ike right? Good stuff, I saw you play a bit.

17: JLO: Dood, we did great! We got so gayed by some ****. But I think we played really well. Fun pools/friendlies. Try to pull less bombs, kthanks. :D

17: Oranos: Awesome doubles man, nice seeing you again!

17: JoWii: Get *****! Awesome hanging out with you this weekend and playing friendlies etc. You have the best smach talk eva. And from now on, everytime I get a DDDcide, I will think of the great JoWii. :D

17: Zash: OverB is too good xD awesome friendlies, way to have your Falcon wreck my Ganondorf. haha, can't wait to play agan! Sorry I had to leave in the middle of our friendlies :(

17: SNO: Awesome pools bro, you TL is nasty. And I've heard abut your Mario.

17: FAE: nice seeing you again, I hope you can come out and play some! Your mom seemed really cool with it. Keep wrecking, you keep surprising everyone with what you can do. It's fantastic. Fun friendlies, I look forward to many more! :D

17: Tmacc: Grab moar, n00b.

25: Peeks: You're from Iowa, and even though I didn't meet you, everyone from Iowa is awesome, and therefore you are too.

25: Metal: We all know you are awesome. You just had some bad luck. Get out there an keep rapin' like fo shizzle my brotha! Also you always have the best team names :)

25: altF4: Fun friendlies today at your place! Also, Scrubs is always a plus to any day :D

25: Josh: Dude, you are tough. Nice pool matches, your Diddy and TL are pretty wreck

25: Radium88: Awesome job TOing! Thanks for letting me crash at your place, making awesome food for everyone, taking me back home, and just being awesome in general! Good **** :)

25: Clove: Good **** with Domo bro. Great brackets matches too, your Samus is so freaking good that it's frickin' dumb.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Lol. Crews were so much fun (unbalanced lol).

Are you planning on putting anything else up later?
if you want something specific besides finals just ask

Nicole

Smash Champion
upload my $10,000/**** money match in smash64 with david where i get 5 stocked plz.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
it would be cool if you uploaded double ICs vs double Kirbys (hylian/future vs jowii/radium)
This.

I had a ton of fun this weekend. I'm super tired so I'll post shoutouts later but just wanted to say everyone there was really chill and fun. Good stuff :).

Teh Future

Smash Master
The Deal Breaker:

So we are still not sure if this is going to be a monthly tournament series for St. Louis. It was without a doubt a lot of fun and the turnout was good. But only at first glance. More than half of these were out of state attendance. Only 12 people that entered the tournament were from the St. Louis area. Hopefully with the good turnout for this month and the good reception that we are likely to receive, alongside with a few videos and pictures provided by Ripple and Rauleen, local players will be more willing to come. There are a lot of local players that were on the verge of coming, but did not for various reasons. In addition, this isn't the only factor in deciding whether or not this will turn into a monthly thing. As you all know, this was at my house. A good turnout was awesome for the tournament, but also increased the mess afterwards and the noise level when the tournament was going on. Whether or not my mom will allow me to go on with these is up to her. I can confirm that my house will be a venue for future tournaments, but how often I can't yet say. If this does turn to monthlies there will be no tournament in May. I’m going to have a lot going on and this just isn't going to happen. If this turns into monthlies it will be starting in June. When this does happen again (either monthlies or just another tournament) I will be sending another wave of private messages on both Smashboards and AllisBrawl to remind people. I want to thank everyone for coming and supporting this though. I had a lot of fun.

tl;dr version: Worst case scenario this will not be a monthly tournament series, but more tournaments in the same venue will happen on a less regular basis. Best case scenario monthly tournaments will begin in June (skipping May) .

Special Shoutouts to Anyone that came from OoS

Kansas Kats: you guys are still too good at this game and a blast to hang out with. Ill see you guys sometime over the summer. Thanks a lot for making the drive

Iowa: you guys brought so many people LOL. I will start making the monthly trip to Iowa with andrew and nicole soon i hope. Thanks a lot for coming and showing support it means a lot.

LOLTexasLOL: super drivers lol. I know most of you had reasons other than the tourney for making the drive, but it was awesome seeing/meeting everyone and thanks for coming

IL: I don't know how long you guys had to drive, but if it isn't too far it would be awesome if you came to st. louis more often. Had a lot of fun playing you all. thanks for making the drive.

St. Louis: Step it up. this is a local tourney so we need more local people to come and have fun to support this.

Regular Shoutouts:

1: MJG- Good job you are getting really good very fast. Keep it up!

2: Domo- man I know you wanted first but mjg just had everyones number this day =( you'll take it next time.

3: Zeton- we didn't get to play... or talk much =( next time for sure

4: Fino- You are a cool cat irl. **** smashboards piece of **** i hate internet forums

5: Nicole- Good job! Don't rely on nana killing her at 24 percent next time though (and get rallallalallaped in smash64 lol according to dark katma you are best in stl now LOL never been done

5: Hylian- Teams was amazing lol. I hope to see you sometime soon

7: Joker- We STILL didn't play. Except for in crews which doesn't count LOL. thanks for the advice on the tourney and I hope you had fun. Next time im making sure we get to play some friendlies though, chit is ******** that we still haven't after like 10 tournaments

9: Cook- lol forfeit. hope you had funs

9: SkyPirate- good games man thanks for coming with JoWii and Hylian

9: TP- daaaaaaamn steppin it up. nice job beating razor and surjan, even though I didn't get to see any of your matches =( Try to get down to wills sometime over the summer

9: Ripple- dewd I really thought you were gonna be hylian =( thanks for recording matches

13: Razer- you and joker are amazing in teams. Keep the mk for there at least imo you guys work great together.

13: Surjan- Good games man you do some things really well but you need to break some bad habits(way too much rolling and dash attacks) and I think you'll see yourself improving really fast.

13: Schism- Cool meeting you kitten. Next time we will play friendlies cuz I played teeeeeeeeerible in pools lol.

13: Legan- daaaaaamn black panther your pal was so weird I don't know if he knew how to talk or wtf he was like 40 too lmao. Glad you still managed to come though bc you are hellarious

17: Watkins- Cool meeting you man I hope you had fun.

17: JLO- your peach plays a lot differently than Nicoles does. We should play next time

17: Oranos- wow you've gotten a lot better since the last time I played you. Might need to bring out my secondaries against G&W lol

17: JoWii- omg JoWiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! Awesome seeing you man I don't think we ever played except for teams though =( next time!! Ill be in texas this summer hopefully, ill see you then.

17: Zash- chain is too good lol. thanks for giving me your grape kool-aid

17: SNO- awesome seeing you man I hope you keep making it out to tournaments in stl.

17: FAE- Good job beating Joker lol. Im glad we finally played a couple games because we haven't since Areal Rave. We'll play more next time for sure!

17: Tmacc- Still getting better. you had a tough bracket and had some impressive wins.

25: Peeks- not gonna lie, I dont remember who you are =( Ill be sure to remember you when I come to Iowa.

25: Metal- glad your concert wasn't saturday lol. Sorry you played badly in singles, needs moar practice, all you play is doubles and street fighter lol.

25: altF4- sorry you didn't feel good dewd. you can even check this if you want lol usually after tournaments everyone always tells you you are getting better and I say nothing cuz I don't see it, but I was really impressed with you vs rauleen in pools. Keep playing cool cat i think it is starting to come together FINALLY. just stop getting angry when you're not playing bad. Just cuz you do one bad thing doesn't mean everything you are gonna do that day will be bad.

25: Josh- Im sorry you had the hardest bracket ever =( I hope you keep coming though so we can play next time

25: Radium88- <3 <3 <3 I never could have run this by myself. Thanks for the help rauleen. together our tournament was BOMBASS

25: Clove- Good stuff against domo. you had a tough bracket man =(. D3 is impossible against a lot of the low tiers. You left your tv and wii at my house btw, ill bring it to wills on tuesday. thanks for coming

Kolby: thanks for coming cool cat. Sorry you had to leave early =( next time have more time free lol.

Jen: you won't see this but I saw you from behind/far away and I thought yink randomly showed up LOL.

Crews: wtf i guess i will take you seriously next time cause everyone else did LOL. **** was way too hype over nothing. regional crews is where its at

Really sorry if I forgot anyone.

Thank you to everyone that came and supported this!

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Great tournament, everyone! SHOUTOUTS!

1: MJG - Good job on first! Toon Link is too good, nice work against Domo's MK, I'm sure it's not easy keeping on the stage in that matchup. I'll have to actually play you, one of these days.

2: Domo - It's always fun to see you and joke around. You were too funny in crews, it was a blast. Jack is really frustrating to lose a match to, but it's really all in good fun, you just have to understand his sense of humor.

3: Zeton - ZEEETOONNN. I got mad hugs for you, Zeton. Mad hugs. :D You're always one of my favorite people to see at a tournament man. Good game in crews, I can't believe you recovered from that B-Air wall, I was sure I had you! I'm not sure I will ever bother learning the Falco matchup against your Fox, we'll see. I think I might as well just play DeDeDe though since I already know it and it seems to work well enough, hahaha.

4: Fino - Nice friendlies, I'm glad we finally got some Falco vs Olimar matches in, since we haven't really even done that.

5: Nicole - Good job on 5th! You do so well against OOS people / various matchups... I need to get some tips from you on how to do that, hahaha.

5: Hylian - Always good to see you man, you're super cool and funny. I really had a blast playing you in pools, despite losing. I thought the matches were very fun. Also, thank you for getting chained by Zash right after me, so I don't look like such a newb. Now the world knows that Zash is ridiculous and the chain is unbeatable, lmfao.

7: Future - Nice tournament, cool cat! You're right-- All I have been playing is Brawl Doubles and SF4. It makes sense that I would do bad in singles, now that I think about it. Thanks for clearing that up for me :p Remember when we hugged and you accidentally close lined me? Wait, you probably don't because you were on any number of substances because you're ********. lol <3

7: Joker - JOKER! Mah boy! Always good to see you dude, I had fun in teams friendlies. C4 is the best, hahaha. Maybe one of these days we can team together, you are way too good in teams. When we played in doubles bracket, I felt like I was doing well against you, but then you just wouldn't die. lol, great job surviving with that big fat stupid snake :D Good job on still making 7th despite losing to FAE's Lucas early on. He beat me too, man... that guy is crazy!

9: Cook - Hey, we actually did well in teams, hooray! I'm glad our practice is finally paying off, maybe there is more MK/Olimar in our future.

9: SkyPirate - Nice meeting you, we didn't get to talk much, hopefully we can next time :D

9: TP - TP, WTF, you don't do this well. Use more Ganondorf so I'm not ashamed to get last place when you get 9th, jeeze. :D JK man, good job, it looks like you are finally having success and you deserve it. You have always had really good reads and it looks like you are rounding out your game to become a full fledged player, I'm very proud of you :D

9: Ripple - PLAY A MOTHER ****ING SAXOPHONE, NOW! Seriously, you look like an awesome street musician in that awesome hat. If you ever wear that hat at the same time as your awesome coat, I think the world might end because it would be too awesome. Good to see you again man, it's always good to. You are a pro match recorder and uploader too :D

13: Razer - "Priah", as in pariah? That's a good word, so I hope that's what your new tag is :D Good to see you again man, I feel like it'd been forever since I last saw you. Good games in doubles and singles. I am going to be eternally pissed at myself for SD'ing in our last singles match, haha. I seriously did not mean to knock that Wii over though-- I don't rage that way, it's gay to do that, lol. I was really off in singles but you were definitely playing well too and that's not an easy matchup for you, so good job.

13: Surjan - Good games in bracket dude, it was nice to meet you. I may be bad against Diddy but you definitely are good and deserved a win, so good job. Also thanks for losing to Legan's Falco on purpose, he needs people to coddle his ego, you are a good man for sacrificing your ego so that Legan's may live. lmfao <3

13: Schism - Schism! You teaming with Jack was actually pretty cool, you guys should try that again sometime! Good to see you again man :D

13: Legan - MAH MAIN! You should switch from a Link main to a 54 year old ******** man main. I bet you'd ****, well at least the ladies anyway, you'd **** them. Lol <3 I need to play your Diddy on Tuesdays to get practice with that matchup. Hugs and kisses, enjoy the flames of hellfire and damnation, lmfao.

17: Watkins - I'm not sure I actually got to meet you :(

17: JLO - Dude, I wish I could remember that song that I randomly sang about you. I remember it to be awesome. I love talking to you, you have such a cool attitude and your peach is awesome because it's like Nicole but less vag. AMIRITE!? Lawl I'm david. I <3 you JLO!

17: Oranos - Good to see you again, PT vs Falco is a bit hard for PT. You gotta get that Squirtle up-tilt lock down on Falco, then you can 0-100% me and D-Throw me :D

17: JoWii - JOWII! You're the best/worst trash talker ever. Great to see you again man, I hope things are going well for you down in Texas :D Hugs and kisses buddy ;)

17: Zash - GOD DAMN IT FUCKING BULL**** ZASH!. But seriously I love you. lol, you made crews 10x better than it already was, you're so awesome. The Sheik boards are ****ing ******** if they think you suck, because you're obviously really really good. I hope to see you again at many more tournaments, because you're awesome :D

17: SNO - Good job in teams, our set was REALLY CLOSE, you and FAE almost knocked me and cook out, great job!

17: FAE - Holy crap, you have gotten a lot better. I can't believe you beat Joker, great work man, really amazing Lucas! I hope to see you again soon!

17: Tmacc - TEEEEMAACCKK!! I <3 you, you know this to be true. We'll work on the Fox matchup, it's very hard to play against Zeton. I can only do it with DeDeDe and even that I only learned a few months ago after playing him over and over again in the past. He's really good and hard to read, so don't let it get you down. You've improved so much and you have one of the best attitudes of any smasher that I know. Keep that up and the sky is the limit to your improvement!

25: Peeks - PEEKS-MOBILE, AWAY! /zoom! Lol, good to see you again man, please wear more vests and headbands, because you look strikingly handsome and prime for the sexin'. ;)

25: Metal - OMG, you did well with Falco in doubles... then failed in singles, lawl. Play more Brawl singles and less Doubles and SF4 when you practice, newb :p

25: altF4 - STTTEEEEEVVVEEE. 10,000 hugs. I'm sorry you felt sick :( I <3 you soooo much though.

25: Josh - You will be really scary when you learn Diddy. Keep up the good work, TP will train you, but don't listen to anything he says because he makes no sense. lmfao, just kidding, just don't let him try to make you play Ganondorf :p

25: Radium88 - Great job hosting again, the cheesecake cupcakes were good and so were the cookies! You are becoming a very pro T/O!

25: Clove - Your matches vs Domo were really really close. You also have an extremely awesome attitude towards the game, and you don't go easy on yourself just because Samus is low tier. That's the best way to be, keep practicing and anything is possible, your Samus is amazing and with your attitude she will only get better.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Tournament was really fun :).

Shoutouts:

MJG: Congrats on first and good games! I have a ton of TL experience but you played the IC match-up exactly how you should have and RC was lol haha. Cool guy.

Domo: Sorry I didn't play IC's against you. I'll make sure to have a working controller next time haha. Always good to see you :).

Zeton: Whew, I didn't have to play you in tournament LOL. Your fox is scary, keep it up :). Nice seeing you again.

Fino: Friendlies were funnnn haha I love playing stupid like that. Sorry we didn't get to MM.

Nicole: Yay she doesn't hate me! haha good games the few that we got.

Future : IC's in doubles made everything worth it haha would have rather done that than teamed with m2k. Thanks for hosting, your basement is awesome, getting pizza in the rain was fun lmao, and EVERYONE KEPT BLAMING ME FOR GETTING YOU DRUNK lol it wasn't my fault ;_;. Hope to see you again soon!

Joker: Great games! Seriously talk about close man haha but I had to get you back for teams ;).

Cook : Fun pool games even if you do play olimar :laugh:. Good seeing you again.

SkyPirate: Texassssss thanks for coming with us, road trip was a blast.

TP : Never played you :/.

Ripple: GG's :). Thanks for bringing the recording set up.

Razer: Thanks for letting me borrow your jacket for rauleen haha it was freezing outside. Friendlies were fun and you're a cool guy, hope to play you some time in the future.

Surjan: Fun games when I first got there.

Schism: I never saw you play :(.

Legan: I was a little sad you weren't around the house as much, wanted to hang out with you more! Hope to see you soon anyways :). We never got that MM.

JLO: Sexy peach.

Oranos: GG's in pools.

JoWii: Texasssss omg thanks for driving :). Road trip was a blast, teams was a blast, you are a blast haha.

Zash: CHAIN OF DEATH. Need I say more?

FAE: GG's, sick lucas.

Tmacc: Great seeing you again! Looking forward to next time.

Metal: Sorry I forgot who you were at first, my memory is garbage lol. Super fun games for sure, had to make me think about that match-up for once lol, nice seeing you!!!

altF4: Steveee I don't know if I even played you lol but nice meeting you :).

Radium88: Save the best for last :lick:. You did an awesome job TOing and you are amazing for making all that food and for the weekend in general. You already know everything else I would say haha.

Top Bottom