• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Auto-Practice : Practice when you're alone!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
AUTO PRACTICE
Have you ever wanted to just practice against a single kind of move or get the timing and feel for one specific situation, but you never get the chance because the NPCs won't do it on their own, and your friends hate you and don't want to help?

Never fear! I've created a small, starter base, of "Auto Trainer" .pac files!

WHAT DO THEY DO?
They take a single, specific action that you requested/wanted, and do it over and over until you end the match.

Example: Pit will sit there from the very start of the match, just firing off arrows at you, if that is the .pac file you choose to load.

HOW DO THEY DO IT?
By modifying the .pac file, I can tell the character when to do anything. So I just told the characters to start doing something ASAP, and keep doing it.

You don't even need to load a trainer as an NPC! They can be a normal "player" character.

However, you CAN'T at the moment play the same character as the trainer, due to the nature of how .pac files are loaded.

WHAT GAMES DO THEY WORK FOR?
The ones I have already made and will be uploading ONLY WORK FOR vBRAWL.

By that, I mean I modified vBrawl's .pac files to do these. As far as I know, that means that they won't be compatible with BBrawl, Brawl+, or Brawl-, because it doesn't have their .pac changes.

I am, however, open to making .pac changes for them as well.

BUT I WANT IT TO DO X WHY DIDN'T YOU MAKE THAT ONE?
Just post in this thread, and I'll add it to my "to-do" list, and update periodically with releases. They're pretty simple to make, so it doesn't take much time. Anyone willing to help out is welcome to.

WHERE DO I GET THEM?
RIGHT HERE!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RP280LZY

After some requests pile up, then I'll get moving on filling them. For now I have to finish up some of my work on Mewtwo.
-DD

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Wow. What an idea. A lot of noob requests are gonna flood this place along with legitimate ideas. But this cannot be stopped.

I'd would laugh if I could learn to perfect shield that Falcon Punch everytime. Make a WTF moment.

Anyways, you've probably thought of a lot of your own ideas, but here are some that I believe are worth training against. I don't know whether they are viable or possible, but ideas are ideas.

All Characters with Projectiles

• Spam laser/arrow/boomerang/charged shots/etc.
  • Jump and shoot (to practice air dodging)

Fox/Falco/Wolf

• Illusion spam, back and forth?

Olimar

• Pluck five Pikmin, throw five Pikmin. Repeat.
  • May be harder than I actually think it is, lol.

Mr. Game and Watch

• Bucket open, until it is filled, then chase character to unload bucket.

Meta Knight

• Spam all non-moving attacks in random order.
  • Abuse smash attacks, tilts, tornado on the spot, anything that won't move him (Bad example: Up-B)

EDIT: Actually, I think the Meta Knight idea would work for all characters. Make them attack randomly, but disable horizontal movement and attacks that move the character.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Wow. What an idea. A lot of noob requests are gonna flood this place along with legitimate ideas. But this cannot be stopped.

I'd would laugh if I could learn to perfect shield that Falcon Punch everytime. Make a WTF moment.

Anyways, you've probably thought of a lot of your own ideas, but here are some that I believe are worth training against. I don't know whether they are viable or possible, but ideas are ideas.

All Characters with Projectiles

• Spam laser/arrow/boomerang/charged shots/etc.
  • Jump and shoot (to practice air dodging)

I've gotten a bunch of projectile users done already, short-hop projectiles I'm not sure how to do yet, but full hop is easy.

Fox/Falco/Wolf

• Illusion spam, back and forth?

That would probably be silly, but I could see its usefulness.

Olimar

• Pluck five Pikmin, throw five Pikmin. Repeat.
  • May be harder than I actually think it is, lol.

Probably not to hard, I just need to get creative.

Mr. Game and Watch

• Bucket open, until it is filled, then chase character to unload bucket.

That is a little harder. At least the chase part is.

Meta Knight

• Spam all non-moving attacks in random order.
  • Abuse smash attacks, tilts, tornado on the spot, anything that won't move him (Bad example: Up-B)

EDIT: Actually, I think the Meta Knight idea would work for all characters. Make them attack randomly, but disable horizontal movement and attacks that move the character.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I need to get a tighter grip on how to do random events[Peach Turnip, GaW Judgement, etc] before I can do that though.

D'Awww you're welcome.
-DD

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I would make files that automatically repeat certain things during testing of BBrawl. (Sorry, didn't save any.) It's mostly good for spacing related things.

∫unk

Smash Master
thank you very much for doing this. subbing.

can you alternate actions?

snake f-tilt then u-tilt over and over just change directions so he doesnt go off

what about rolling?

just falco and lucario rolling left right left right. maybe even throw in spotdodge if you can.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
As some of you might know in the street fighter series you have the option in training mode to record your opponents actions for up to about 10 seconds and the have it play back in a continuous loop so you can learn how to punish it.

If there was a way to do this in brawl I think it would greatly increase players ability to train alone. Here's how it would work:

Up on D-pad makes you control your opponent and start recording what ever inputs you do for the next 5 to 10 seconds.

Down on the D-Pad stops this recording and give you control back to your characters

Left on the D-pad starts the play back of your opponent doing those actions in a continuous loop.

Right on the D-Pad stops the playback

Would there be any way to make this work? Does anyone else like the idea and have any suggestions?

This was my take on it

Inferno3044

Smash Master
As some of you might know in the street fighter series you have the option in training mode to record your opponents actions for up to about 10 seconds and the have it play back in a continuous loop so you can learn how to punish it.

If there was a way to do this in brawl I think it would greatly increase players ability to train alone. Here's how it would work:

Up on D-pad makes you control your opponent and start recording what ever inputs you do for the next 5 to 10 seconds.

Down on the D-Pad stops this recording and give you control back to your characters

Left on the D-pad starts the play back of your opponent doing those actions in a continuous loop.

Would there be any way to make this work? Does anyone else like the idea and have any suggestions?

This was my take on it
I think this is a really good idea. It would be much more difficult for this to practically work in brawl. It works for the SF series because it's a "normal" fighter game while things like stages, DI and other brawl specific things can't always be taken in place for

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]

This was my take on it
This would be very, VERY hard to code.

BTW, I want a Falco that perfectly SHDL perfectly Pl0x. K Thx.

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
This is too awesome. This'll help greatly, I need practice on PS'ing the lasers of the spacies.
Out of curiosity, exactly how is this done? Did you modify the AI's in the .pacs?

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
It shouldn't be too hard right? I mean, you could look at the games replay system for reference. It takes a set of moves(macros or wtv there called) and plays them back in exact order. IF we would copy the games way of doing it but make it loop that's all you'd need right?

Revven

FrankerZ
It shouldn't be too hard right?
Anyone with this mind set has never even looked at a RAM Dump of a game before, nay, learned ASM or any of the code language required to hack this game. Everything you think isn't too hard, is going to be hard. What isn't hard (to give you an example) is making a code that unlocks everything, while anything with specific button commands (that isn't related to character .pacs) is going to be a lot harder than you think.

Note: bolded = emphasis.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Street Fighter, cool ideas, etc.
I would love to be able to do that.

Too bad its impossible. At best, I could make it so the D-Pad changes "modes", but that is a lot more work than what I'm doing now...although not by much. So if I get the urge, I just might do that.

This would be very, VERY hard to code.

BTW, I want a Falco that perfectly SHDL perfectly Pl0x. K Thx.
SHDL is next on the list, and probably the biggest demand.

This is too awesome. This'll help greatly, I need practice on PS'ing the lasers of the spacies.
Out of curiosity, exactly how is this done? Did you modify the AI's in the .pacs?
All characters, NPC or player controlled, are circuits. You give them a command at point A, button command tells them to go to point B, finish at point C, and return to point A to await further instructions. I cut out the middle man and make the circuit automatic, so the characters act outside of any control.

They're basically having seizures.

Last day of school is tomorrow, then I get started on my busybusy summer. I'll have some new ones of these to show off closer to the weekend.

-DD

Luxor

Smash Champion
I would love to be able to do that.

Too bad its impossible. At best, I could make it so the D-Pad changes "modes", but that is a lot more work than what I'm doing now...although not by much. So if I get the urge, I just might do that.

-DD
Would it be possible to insert a playable character into a "replay?"
noofcoursenot

Also, I think an auto-Dair camping MK would be useful for a lot of people. Maybe even a planking MK/Pit/G&W.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
lolsry, didn't mean to offend. I know coding is ridiculously hard to do and that this code would be really tough, but it'd be worth it if it was pulled off.

No one commented on my idea of loocking at how they coded the replay system for reference. Would that make it easier if you figured that out?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
lolsry, didn't mean to offend. I know coding is ridiculously hard to do and that this code would be really tough, but it'd be worth it if it was pulled off.

No one commented on my idea of loocking at how they coded the replay system for reference. Would that make it easier if you figured that out?
The replay is made by saving all the button inputs for an entire match. I guess since it doesn't record NPC actions, it is possible to have a player there who will redo everything recorded, but I can't do that. :p

I'll be getting to the requests soon!

-DD

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
what about CG's? pit, pikachu, falco, ddd, etc.

and SH double laser falcos?

also is there a program to merge my .gct with the one in the DL? or is the .gct useless?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
what about CG's? pit, pikachu, falco, ddd, etc.

and SH double laser falcos?

also is there a program to merge my .gct with the one in the DL? or is the .gct useless?
Well, CG's are "get grabbed, and you can't escape it." as far as Brawl's CG's go. You're better off knowing your escape percents, since your opponent won't try for the grab at that point.

The GCT doesn't do anything special, its just there to give a couple little features. Just remember that these pac files might not work perfectly with B+ or other code-sets.

-DD

Charby

Smash Journeyman
My ideas
Falco Side B Jump Side b ASAP turn Back Repeat
Snake Grenade ASAP when getting hited
Marth Up ASAP when getting hited
MK Grounded Up B Spam

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Well, CG's are "get grabbed, and you can't escape it." as far as Brawl's CG's go. You're better off knowing your escape percents, since your opponent won't try for the grab at that point.
Falco's wouldn't be bad to code though. It could help for getting used to teching the stage when you need to.

Veril

Frame Savant
DD, we need to talk about planking. If I can get you the frame breakdown mapped out for perfect planking could you do this?

Oh, if you need any frame mapping for this stuff I'd be happy to help.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Okay, I sat down and I figured out how to force characters to Short Hop and Fast Fall every time, so I'll get started on requests related to those soon enough.

I was trying to work out a more complicated one, Falco SHDL, but I got stuck at making him laser twice. If anyone knows how to make him continue shooting while doing his midair lasers, then we'll have a winner and probably the most needed trainer of them all.

Still waiting to hear from Veril or other planking-related things.
:D
-DD

comboking

Smash Master
Can I get a Ike that only does Fsmash please and another with him doing up smash continuously?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
You need the codes to make this work right? If so, can you port the codes to PAL?
Codes are just the debug pause and file patch. Those codes are available in lots of places, but I'll make a PAL pack too.

The .pac files are from the NTSC version, not sure if that makes a difference with the characters, but yeah.
-DD

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Codes are just the debug pause and file patch. Those codes are available in lots of places, but I'll make a PAL pack too.

The .pac files are from the NTSC version, not sure if that makes a difference with the characters, but yeah.
-DD
IIRC, it only messes up the sound effects.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
This. Is. Amazing. Wish I could try this (I have younger siblings, so I can't hack my wii). For a request, Mach tornado spamming meta knight.

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
This would be so much better if you could make the projectiles shoot at random times. And if characters like Tink could shoot random projectiles. That way you can learn to powershield stuff on reaction better instead of just learning the rthym of the shooting etc.

Top Bottom