• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Auto-Practice : Practice when you're alone!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Very useful. Thanks!

I do, however, agree with making projectiles shoot at random if possible.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Pretty cool
Most defiantly

List of stuff you should do so people can pratice for DI'ing Powershielding purposes
Pika - Dsmash, Thunder Bolt, Bair
Sheik - Ftilt
Snake - Ftilt, Grenade Throws, Utilt, Nair
Fox - Dair, Fair, Usmash, Utilt, SHTL, SHDL, SHL
Falco - ISAP,SHDL,SHL,CG to Spike
Olimar - Uair, Nair, Utilt, Pikmin Throw
Bowser - Fire Breath, Dsmash
Diddy - Dash Attack, Fsmash, Banana throws(Glide Toss if possible)
ROB - Dsmash, Uair, Fsmash, Laser, Gyro
Toon Link - All projectiles, Usmash, Bair, Zair
Lucas - Nair, Dair, Dtilt, Utilt, Usmash, Dsmash, Dthrow, Bthrow, Fthrow, PK Fire
Sonic - Fair, Dthrow
Ganon - None
Zelda - Dtilt, Usmash, Fsmash, Bthrow, Din's Fire
Ness - PK Fire, Bthrow, Fair
Game and Watch - Dthrow, Nair, Bair, Usmash, Fsmash, Dsmash
Lucario - Fair, Aura Sphere, Dair, Utilt, Fsmash
Wolf - Laser, Fsmash, Bair
Marth - Nair, Fair, Dtilt, Ftilt
Ike - Fsmash, Usmash, Fair, Dtilt, Aether
Jigglypuff - Fair, Bair, Aerial Pound, Dair
Squirtle - Utilt, Fair, Bair,
Ivysaur - Razor leaf
Charizard - Flamethrower, Fsmash, Usmash
Metaknight - Tornado, Uair, Fair (in SH and Rising Full Jump), Side B
King Dedede- Utilt, Waddles, Bair
Ice Climbers - Blizzard, Utilt, Ice blocks
Pit - Arrows, Side B, Uair, Nair, Utilt
Samus - All projectiles, Uair, Usmash, Zair
Zero Suit - Utilt, Uair, Bair, Stun Gun, Side B
Link - All projectiles, Bair, Usmash, Ftilt, Utilt, Zair
Wario - Dair, Uair, Bthrow, Fthrow
Yoshi - Dair, Bair, Egg throw
Donkey Kong - Up B, Fsmash, Usmash, Bair
Peach - Dair, Nair, Fair, Dsmash, Dtilt, Turnip throws(Glide Toss if posssible)
Luigi - Fsmash, Usmash, Uair, Dthrow, Bthrow, Fireballs, Bair, Utilt, Dash Attack
Kirby - Utilt, Bair, Final Cutter, Dash Attack
Mario - Fsmash, Fireballs, Uair, Bthrow, Dthrow

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
MK froze for me. Also, shouldnt you make falco mash B instead of laser.. wait.. laser... wait... laser? or even SHDL..

Steel_Samurai

Smash Journeyman
yeah mk froze for me as well....
is there a way to fix this?

But this is great stuff,
i can't powershield as well as i thought lol
thanks

FSK

Smash Ace
If I were you I would just make a tutorial so that more people would be able to do it. Would decrease the workload for you in the end and requests could be made faster if there are more people doing this.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I'm not requesting anything, but I need confirmation on something.

These Auto Trainer .pac files you're talking about... they're the .pac files CPUs use to learn from the players, right?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
CPUs do not learn from players, they have set 'combos' they us. And know how to react to your movement. The CPU uses the AI file in a FitCharacter.PAC

Orion*

Smash Researcher
what ever happened to this? did DD ever make a PAL pac?

Sorry to bump an old thread but it truly is useful and I never noticed it.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
what ever happened to this? did DD ever make a PAL pac?

Sorry to bump an old thread but it truly is useful and I never noticed it.
>_> Dammit why'd you bump this?

But uh...no, I didn't make a PAL pack...but I would think you can just use NTSC .pac files no problem.

I'm workin' on stuff outside of smash atm, so anything smash-related got put on hold or handed off. :p

These only take a few minutes to produce though, so all I really need was frame data, which was all that kept me from making stuff like a Falco SHDL.pac.

-DD

Orion*

Smash Researcher
>_> Dammit why'd you bump this?

But uh...no, I didn't make a PAL pack...but I would think you can just use NTSC .pac files no problem.

I'm workin' on stuff outside of smash atm, so anything smash-related got put on hold or handed off. :p

These only take a few minutes to produce though, so all I really need was frame data, which was all that kept me from making stuff like a Falco SHDL.pac.

-DD
Ill try the ntsc files on it soon then ._.
and I bumped it because I know you wanted me to :awesome:

And I understand- Life is mad important.

My personal requests: (take your time)
How hard would it be to make a Marth grab release -> dair/fair
Marth side B
MK nado spam
Falco jab spam
Diddy fsmash spam
Ike jab spam

Also it would be cool if we could get the ZSS to dsmash and then bair you (practice that japanese teching stuff)

And for characters w. CGs like ICs get the comps to do proper mashing, and Pika get them to do footstools ect

Which ones are already done in the upload?

Life

Smash Hero
All characters, NPC or player controlled, are circuits. You give them a command at point A, button command tells them to go to point B, finish at point C, and return to point A to await further instructions. I cut out the middle man and make the circuit automatic, so the characters act outside of any control.

They're basically having seizures.
Since this thread has been bumped.

You know how to make a computer spam something. Do you know how to make a computer spam two things? Three? You could recreate the entire AI ground-up... and if the AI has pre-recorded "combos" as you said, then you could create your own actions (which is basically what you're doing here, yes?)... which means AI that knows ATs... which means you're very close to doing what originally got me interested in Brawl's AI (not that I'm very knowledgeable on it...)

tl;dr teach somebody how to do this so they can take over?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
oh and most importantly....

can you make them tech chase Randomly (i use this word w/ care) and then idk spot dodge or something at the end? >_>

It would be awesome to get that stuff on reaction w/ snake lol

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
The way DD described it, it seems like he's only been able to loop one action. I don't know that jabs would work because you have to press down to cancel the jab. Perhaps you could modify the AI to always cancel a jab in this way?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Ill try the ntsc files on it soon then ._.
and I bumped it because I know you wanted me to :awesome:

And I understand- Life is mad important.

My personal requests: (take your time)
Marth side B
MK nado spam
Falco jab spam
Diddy fsmash spam
Ike jab spam

Also it would be cool if we could get the ZSS to dsmash and then bair you (practice that japanese teching stuff)

And for characters w. CGs like ICs get the comps to do proper mashing, and Pika get them to do footstools ect

Which ones are already done in the upload?
The only thing I don't believe is possible in my system is the "Mashing" for NPCs. That is definitely an AI thing. Although I'm pretty sure Level 9 NPCs are pretty good with mashing.

...Well, not that frame perfect spam ****, but yeah.

Since this thread has been bumped.

You know how to make a computer spam something. Do you know how to make a computer spam two things? Three? You could recreate the entire AI ground-up... and if the AI has pre-recorded "combos" as you said, then you could create your own actions (which is basically what you're doing here, yes?)... which means AI that knows ATs... which means you're very close to doing what originally got me interested in Brawl's AI (not that I'm very knowledgeable on it...)

tl;dr teach somebody how to do this so they can take over?
Brawl's AI is almost a complete mystery. I've messed with it a little before, when I first had the idea for this thread, and got some strange results. What I do is I edit the properties of the moves themselves to force a change in action at a certain frame.

So, if I wanted to make

1) Make it so Marth's Grab INSTANTLY releases you.[Edit the grab to break on Frame 1 of the Grab]
2) Edit the grab break animation to perform a frame perfect transition to DAir or FAir.

Then, the Marth NPC will otherwise play as normal until it grabs you again. It is possible to load up the NPCs with several different circuits, but the way I do most of them[Spam is just "If you're standing, shoot something instead!"], makes that sort of impossible.

Essentially why I didn't continue this project was because as people requested more complicated things I need more precise frame data, like SHDL, 2-3 hit combos, etc.

The way DD described it, it seems like he's only been able to loop one action. I don't know that jabs would work because you have to press down to cancel the jab. Perhaps you could modify the AI to always cancel a jab in this way?
What you do for this is you tell the NPC to crouch at the end of the jab, and when the crouch begins you tell the NPC to Jab. :D

:p It is pretty easy if you know basic action changes and frame data. Some of the stuff I do gets a little more complicated, but 90% of the work is just loops like that.

As for the tech chasing stuff, it is possible to edit their teching options, even make it slightly[Or totally] random. That is one of those "more complicated" things.

-DD

Top Bottom