• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harrisburg Ballers Club and Gametruck 5/22/10 HBCPGA.COM

Damon180

Smash Ace
I-83 & Paxton St
Harrisburg, PA 17111
(717) 564-0980

Next Event: June 26th!

There are several events going on here that are worth checking out! If you have friends that aren't just into smash, perhaps they'd be into some of the other games.
We had over 100 gamers attend at our last event, and we're expecting more this time around!

Pre-Register at hbcpga.com and save 5$ off the entrance fee!

(25$ at the door)
- Action shot -

Tournaments are as follows:

Madden 2k10
NBA 2K10

Smash Brawl (Singles and Teams)

Smash Melee (Singles definite, Teams pending)
Halo3 ODST (FFA and 2v2)
Fight Night Round 4
Modern Warfare 2 (FFA and 2v2)
Street Fighter
Tekken 6

Times:
Registration starts at 11am
Brawl Teams start @12noon-1pm
Brawl Singles start @3pm
Melee Singles start @5pm

The winner of the Brawl Singles tournament gets cash and a 3 hour visit from the Gametruck!
Visit their website at http://gametruckparty.com

Brawl Rules:
* 3 Stock
* 7 minute timer
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches. Finals/championship will be best of 5
*In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
*35 Ledge grab rule is in effect, 40 on Norfair
* Stalling in general is banned!
* Anything the TO deems unsportsman-like or Illegal will have you disqualified from the tournament!
* All standing grab infinites are banned (Marth on Lukas/Ness, DDD on Luigi etc). Players must dash in between grabs.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
3. The first game is played, using a random stage from the starter set
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage List
Random
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Counter
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Norfair

Melee Rules:
Items are set to off.
Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
Finals and Grand Finals are best of 5.
The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
For all Melee tournaments, use of the character Metaknight is banned.

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
3. The first game is played, using a random stage from the starter set
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Starter Stage List
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium

Counter Stage List:
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

THOR_pikachu

Smash Rookie
Omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype omfg omfg omfg hype

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
YAYAYA, tournament May 22nd. I know exactly when that is, too. HURRRAH. Oh muh gawd, my brother's b-day is the 19th so I should take him to that tournament and pay for him for his birthday, lolz. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make this one.

Damon180

Smash Ace
lol Gametruck??

What if the winner doesn't want Gametruck lol!
No choice! Hah, Gametruck looks like an awesome time. Good reason for a party (or birthday present). My b-day is the 15th, so I'll gladly accept if the person doesn't want it :).

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
I need to train epically. Not to mention work on my random pauses.

Me and my brother have been basic brawling together and whenever we get into a room I just strike the mess outta people. (You know there's the people who wanna team on you,) so my brother takes out the teamers and keeps one of 'em occupied. XD I think that's a DECENT way to train.

Damon180

Smash Ace
We practice at my place Thursday mornings and Sunday evenings if any of you care to join us. Grape usually comes to show us what he would do if he could go to a tournament :).

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Thursday mornings I'm at school. Sunday evenings I WOULD go if CAT was running, lol. I doubt my mom would let me go, so I can't ask her to take me. I would just sneak off and say I'm off to my friends' house. But I have no ride. ,_,

EDIT: Yeah, I'm still pretty young.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Rawr. I bet if I did come, I'd be the youngest. >8D Well, PM me your address again and I'll figure out a way to get there. XDDD I mean, that'd be another good way to train. ^.^ I REALLY need training.

Damon180

Smash Ace
its now $25 to enter at the door? @_@
T-boy and I had a talk about this. Pre-reg is the same price (20$). It gives us more of an idea of how many setups we need to run each tournament, and since we're giving out larger prizes it'll help pay for that. Just pre-register, saves you 20 mins of standing in line, and you can do it till midnight the night before.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
OHMAGAWD CHIBO. Are you entering again? D:< If you are, I wanna play friendlies with you... Get you back for how bad you beat me at that tournament. XDDD! I've been training! ;D

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
yo damon, sunday evening? i could be down for that ;) whats your address / number in case i get myself lost. also some sort of descriptive feature on the house would be wonderful. let me know.

@ ikefiend - if you are remotely on the way i can pick you up, not driving too far out of my way when i dont really know where anything in harrisburg is.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Oh, I live like RIGHT by the capital in Harrisburg, lol. XD It's funneh and stupid... Gotta think about stupid Linda Thompson ANYWAYS... It's up to you. x3

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
alright i am go for tonight, not sure on arrival time but prolly around 7ish

@ikefiend - yeah i can pick you up assuming you are ok with it / parent ok with it. just pm me your address and number. also any descriptive features about your house would be swell so i can regonize it from the street.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
I can't go, lol. My mom said that it's Mother's Day and nobody can go anywhere. ]:< Maybe next time. Rawr. Thanks anyways. :x

Damon180

Smash Ace
We'll be playing again next Sunday evening. Come play! I have 4 TVs, a wii, and a GC set up at my house. Just need a few more wii's/cubes.
Also...
Anyone driving around the Lebanon area that could swing by and pick up Miamisportsfan45 and his crew? They're poor college kids in need of rides :).

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
If only Caitie could go. IkeFiend vs Mysterytigerteen. Girl vs Girl. Marth vs Ike. Come to Md/Va sometime IkeFiend. :)

vagabond

Smash Apprentice
Yo Tim you can stay at my place again if you want the night before. I should be home from work at a reasonable hour.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
KORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN. You gotta go, my friend wants to meet you. ;DDD

(She's obsessed with Asians). XD!! AND SHE JUST GIGGLED RIGHT NOW AND SAID, "Why would you say that?" and then she saw me type it and said, "HEHEHE STOP!" XDDD and then she giggled again and keeps telling me to stop. LOLOLOL. ;D

EDIT: LOL! Right when I submitted this message, she said, "You're terrible". XD

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
KORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN. You gotta go, my friend wants to meet you. ;DDD

(She's obsessed with Asians). XD!! AND SHE JUST GIGGLED RIGHT NOW AND SAID, "Why would you say that?" and then she saw me type it and said, "HEHEHE STOP!" XDDD and then she giggled again and keeps telling me to stop. LOLOLOL. ;D

EDIT: LOL! Right when I submitted this message, she said, "You're terrible". XD
I got big tournament in south VA coming up on 22nd.. <_< argh
I wish the tourney is on this weekend.. lol

Top Bottom