• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harrisburg Ballers Club and Gametruck 5/22/10 HBCPGA.COM

Robfox

Smash Lord
I was thinking this cuz we're always a lil low on teams

Yeah I need a partner.

Also, Waffle or anyone coming from Hagerstown, my ride fell through and I could use a lift. I'm in Carlisle, on your way right off 81.
kk dawg yea we can partner ill leave my cell in your messages so we can talk more (i dont have internet @ my house atm so I only get on during school)

Damon180

Smash Ace
wait wait WAT doubles is 45 dollars ALONE for each team whats that like 22.50 a partner and singles are still 25......WTH
edit: watz venue?
There is no venue fee. Like I said before, you save 5$ when you pre-register. It's really easy to do.

Damon180

Smash Ace
So if I enter doubles AND singles how much do I need?
If you pre register, you pay $20 for singles and $40 for doubles ($60). If you pay at the door, it's $25 for singles and 45$ for doubles ($70). If your teammate is up in the air, you can always get a refund. I'll offer to team with someone if we have an odd number of people who want to play teams.

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
hmmm, prices went up this time eh, i may not enter doubles in that case.

@ ghengis - dude i dont know if there will be room in the vehicles that im riding with. its a kinda unorganized carpool. i cant guarentee anything because im prolly not driving. sry man.

Damon180

Smash Ace
Oi! Prices are the same if you pre register! We're getting more sponsorship and larger prizes, so getting an accurate headcount as soon as possible is vital.

Damon180

Smash Ace
Ah, sorry about the misunderstanding Waffle. I'll get with T-boy right away as to avoid confusion. Thanks for the help Korn :).

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
alright well i should be prereg'd for singles and doubles, not sure ill play doubles but we'll see.

@ damon - team double zss was terrible last time we tried it wasnt it?

Robfox

Smash Lord
WOW Damon really Players bowl wasnt even 70 and they had more players which equal more payouts really 70 though
EDIT: If that is the case idk Genghis Pot I may not enter doubles that is way too high WAY too high

Robfox

Smash Lord
I dont pre reg I dont know how so I always pay at the door so 25 plus what 22.5 still equals near 50 dollars still pretty expensive for a local tournament but ill try to be there.
EDIT: please dont explain how pre reg works I dont have the time or attention atm

Damon180

Smash Ace
I dont pre reg I dont know how so I always pay at the door so 25 plus what 22.5 still equals near 50 dollars still pretty expensive for a local tournament but ill try to be there.
EDIT: please dont explain how pre reg works I dont have the time or attention atm
Alright, I just don't want you to blow the price out of proportion. If you choose not to save the $10 that's your call.
All you need is a credit card and to click on the "Register" tab on hbcpga.com.

I explained ;).

Robfox

Smash Lord
You dont save anything you just put up a reservation of somewhat saving is not the right word in any tournament but honestly im not blowin the prices out of proportion it is jus like whoa didnt expect this much from a local 40 was the most ive ever seen in a local but this is jus like wow im thinkin is it really worth it?

Damon180

Smash Ace
Sorry for beating the price topic to death, but we do provide quality service, and timely run tournaments. Most tournaments start hours after the promised start time, and rely on the players to provide the equipment. You do save money by registering, and if you don't then it's up to you. I'm going to see if I can convince T-boy to knock the price for doubles down to 30, but for now they stay the same. "Local" tournaments seems to refer to ones run in basements or college multipurpose rooms. We have an excellent location, and want to keep it. If enough locals show up, we might start paying out the top 5 places - but that's down the road.
Sorry again, I won't touch on this topic further in this thread. If you have any more questions about the price, PM me.
Thanks.

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
@ robfox - i agree to an extent, id much rather pay 10 bucks per event but you're arguing with the wrong guy. also yes you DO save 10 bucks by prereging, i dont know how you could argue this point.

Genghis Pot

Smash Apprentice
@ ghengis - dude i dont know if there will be room in the vehicles that im riding with. its a kinda unorganized carpool. i cant guarentee anything because im prolly not driving. sry man.
I understand thats cool. But next time maybe someone coming from that way could leave a spot open for me since I am right on the freeway after all.

Four Leaf

Smash Journeyman
Luckily I just got a ride

thx much for the offer I'll see ya there tommorrow
sounds good dude. The only thing I'm afraid of is this "The winner of the Brawl Singles tournament gets cash and a 3 hour visit from the Gametruck!" I'm not sure what I think of this yet, whoever wins will have to let me know if its good or not....idk lol

Top Bottom